Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by intuition
So instead of just offering the travelling public nice prices on a few destination they may be interested in, QR turned it into a search-festival where the generic traveller will have do to 10-20 searches on one single destination just to understand what is offered. It also creates a feeling of uncertainty - "is this the best offer or should I come back and check again tomorrow?".
But there's another way QR might look at this, no? By keeping things a little confusing, it now has lots of people rooting around in the QR website, sometimes, as you say, for a number of consecutive days, all of whom will end up a little more familiar with QR and some portion of whom may discover something of interest for the future.

Now I'm not saying that this is a good approach, but I can see some logic in it.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Now I'm not saying that this is a good approach, but I can see some logic in it.
A friend of mine gave up on booking a QR sale flight because she found the search and booking experience too frustrating. I persisted, but only because I wanted to grab a £500 BRU-HND fare.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, they certainly have made people spend time on their site and I can see how that in some sense could be seen as brand marketing. They surely have been "top of mind" over several days for a lot of people.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, they certainly have made people spend time on their site and I can see how that in some sense could be seen as brand marketing. They surely have been "top of mind" over several days for a lot of people.
To me, these QR promos always feel like being on a bazaar. Your could easily get overwhelmed by irrelevant stuff and you'll never quite get what you are expecting. But if you know a good deal when you see one, you can walk out with amazing savings.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by makrom
To me, these QR promos always feel like being on a bazaar. Your could easily get overwhelmed by irrelevant stuff and you'll never quite get what you are expecting. But if you know a good deal when you see one, you can walk out with amazing savings.
Spot on!

And it may very well work perfectly fine in some regions. Instead of confusion I guess you could also think "there are so many great delas here I can't go wrong with anything I choose"!
And I did find great deals. It just isn't the campaign type I would launch. But then again, I am not running a global airline sales!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
A companion fare from OSL-MLE is working out at 1149 GBP per ticket (2 returns required). Is Norway the cheapest destination to travel to the Maldives in Biz?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:15 am

IMO it's been poor ex UK. Hopefully we'll get a decent local sale.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by makrom
It's also about knowing when to stick or twist. £1k return BRU - TYO (which was the companion fare shortly before the Sake fare turned up) wasn't something to turn your nose up at, but holding fire on that and other fares reaped its rewards for those who got in on it.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by mr_botak
IMO it's been poor ex UK. Hopefully we'll get a decent local sale.
I agree the website was tricky, and availability on decent connections was tough to find and Google Flights struggled to keep up

But there were some good finds out of EDI - I have an EDI-KUL booked for £1.2k (one person, Visa discount), with fast connections and first choice of dates. Yes, it was cheaper out of BEG and ZAG, but how do you actually position there in the first place?!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Do you guys think its a good price for £2750 in J from LHR to AKL (one person, Travel Festival+Visa discount)?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fontana
Do you guys think its a good price for £2750 in J from LHR to AKL (one person, Travel Festival+Visa discount)?
If you do OSL-AKL-ARN you can get it much cheaper.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sexten
If you do OSL-AKL-ARN you can get it much cheaper.
Wowzers! See what you mean. I did try various airports in the UK & Europe (ie. Paris\Munich\FRA) All came up expensive.

Too late now as I've already paid for my flight

Will definitely come to you next time
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
It isn't even the cheapest ex-EU one in recent times. I believe you were getting 1.8K for a single person, it was 1.4K pp for 2 people together. Back in May, they did from Pisa for 1.1K, but it was before the pound plumbed the depths of the modern age during the current uk political horror show.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:25 am

looking for a fare to Nairobi in October flying business via Doha.
Seems that out of stockholm is the cheapest getting £2200 return for 2 people but obviously I then need to add the cost of flights and maybe hotel to Stockholm in order to make the flight.
This is in comparison to flying out of Heathrow with Qatar at a cost of £3700 business for 2.

Anyone got any other tips or is £2200 the cheapest I can expect?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Hi there,

Can you please explain me why I can't book a flight from Paris/Frankfurt to USA?

QR website doesn't show me any option.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.