Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:19 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
When do you think the next Travel Festival will be based on past behaviour? Was it August last year that they held one?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by sxc
When do you think the next Travel Festival will be based on past behaviour? Was it August last year that they held one?
Yes, at the end of August/early September there was a worldwide sale
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Was it August last year that they held one?
The sale was indeed at the very end of August and you can read about it starting on page 27.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-fares-27.html
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:45 am
twr

Dam I was hoping it would be earlier than end if August as I'm wanting to travel JNB to DPS is September and the prices are quite high
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by twr
Dam I was hoping it would be earlier than end if August as I'm wanting to travel JNB to DPS is September and the prices are quite high
I wouldn't expect DPS in a sale to be honest. There was one DPS-BOS offer in C in the January sale but return fare to DPS are usually not that cheap (even during sales).
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I wouldn't expect DPS in a sale to be honest. There was one DPS-BOS offer in C in the January sale but return fare to DPS are usually not that cheap (even during sales).
Actually, DPS is a frequent destination on ex-Europe sales (not sure about ex-JNB) if indeed often more expensive than BKK, KUL, CGK, etc.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:49 am
twr

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, DPS is a frequent destination on ex-Europe sales (not sure about ex-JNB) if indeed often more expensive than BKK, KUL, CGK, etc.
Generally DPS ex jhb is higher than BKK HKT but during the festival after putting in the promo code it's was a really good deal pity I didn't book even on J it was R11200 ow now it R18 600
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:19 am

Hi all,

A quick question as I am new to Qatar Airways PC.

So, if I cancelled my 'Restricted' business ticket, which I bought in late Jan when Qatar Airways had Travel Festival Sale, would I receive a full refund? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by kkt228
Hi all,

A quick question as I am new to Qatar Airways PC.

So, if I cancelled my 'Restricted' business ticket, which I bought in late Jan when Qatar Airways had Travel Festival Sale, would I receive a full refund? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!
kkt228 you need to examine the Fare rules for your reservation. They were sent as an attachment to your e-ticket. Only there can you see if a refund is possible and what the cancellation fees are.
Fare rules vary from origin to origin, ticket class to ticket class, and, sometimes, usually during sales, from offer to offer. so that attachment is the only way to find out other than asking QR.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:15 am

remdk, thanks for your reply! Yes I examined 'Fare Rules' for my reservation but I am not sure about what 'Allowed with restrictions' means. Does it mean that I will get a partial refund instead?

Also, I asked if anyone on this forum has cancelled their 'Restricted' business ticket and received their refund back.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:30 am
Suspended

remdk, thanks for your reply! Yes I examined 'Fare Rules' for my reservation but I am not sure about what 'Allowed with restrictions' means. Does it mean that I will get a partial refund instead?

Also, I asked if anyone on this forum has cancelled their 'Restricted' business ticket and received their refund back.

Thanks again!
You should look at the attached file you received when you booked your ticket. There you can find the USD penalty for cancellation/modificarions
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Thanks again!
as other say, you need to check specific fare conditions (or call QR to ask as they will see them). However, to be honest, if you indeed bought a promotional fare during the travel festival, from many points of origins, those would not be refundable at all or possibly for a hefty fee although they would be changeable for a fee.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:10 am

Question New promo duo business class and 15%. Code discount

There is a nice promo from bru and cdg in business class.
On the website from qr you can sign up for the newsletter and then you can get 15% discount.
I did this but i only got a newsletter and no code for the 15%.

Does anybody know this code?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BRUNOREM
On the website from qr you can sign up for the newsletter and then you can get 15% discount.

whilst there is a promotion page suggesting you get 15% discount, someone over on the BA board suggested the promotion has been removed...i tried it this morning and only got the newsletter email - no promotion code.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by BRUNOREM

The promotion exCDG is OK but not great. Funnily prices exNCE are lower or higher depending on destination. and availability is rare.

What I dislike is that QR seems to be primarily doing sales on 30 days-validity tickets. That is to short for me. And other airlines do not have that constraint (usually 3 months or more) and cheaper change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.