FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
FRA-MLE is usually available on a QR/Sri Lankan mix (via CMB) for 1,400 €, i.e. a little less than 1,200 GBP.
Thanks, nothing coming up with QR on that combo for less than €3K around those dates and UL/BA option is just under €2K with 3 flights involved (excluding positioning). I think I got a very good deal leaving on the Wednesday of Easter week IMHO.

Thanks QR and those who pointed out the sale and specific starting points! ^

Pilot37
Old May 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ok, I didn't check availability for specific dates.
I guess you got a great deal then indeed.
Have a nice trip!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:36 pm
R2

Does anyone know until when the MASTERCARD promo code is supposed to be working? The current promo fares from Scandinavia are valid until 15th and I have some travel I want to book where the code seems to drop the price nicely another 15%. However, as my plans are not yet fully confirmed I'd prefer to wait another couple of days but not if I lose out on the additional discount. Thanks.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
R2 MASTERCARD discount code is valid until 21st May.
http://www.qatarairways.com/mv/en/of...astercard.page
Old May 11, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
JUST booked Sofia to Phuket return in October for 2 adults and 2 kids in Business for 6363 BGN/3249 EUR for all 4 of us using the Mastercard promo.

When paying by Mastercard, my transaction was declined and I was given a temporary PNR and time to pay. When I went to manage my booking to pay, I was then given the choice to pay with any card I liked, so if you dont have/dont want to pay with mastercard, this looks like a way around it.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by englisha
JUST booked Sofia to Phuket return in October for 2 adults and 2 kids in Business for 6363 BGN/3249 EUR for all 4 of us using the Mastercard promo.

When paying by Mastercard, my transaction was declined and I was given a temporary PNR and time to pay. When I went to manage my booking to pay, I was then given the choice to pay with any card I liked, so if you dont have/dont want to pay with mastercard, this looks like a way around it.
I got the impression there was no need to pay with a mastercard with that promo, just use the name. Unless it's changed. This was from a lot earlier in the year.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smid
I got the impression there was no need to pay with a mastercard with that promo, just use the name. Unless it's changed. This was from a lot earlier in the year.
In the previous promo (VISA I believe) that was the case and I also bought tickets then. However this time, when you go to pay, it only gives you the option of Mastercard (Its the only logo that appears on the payment page).

I hope the work around helps
Old May 11, 2017, 3:13 am

englisha when I booked using the VISA code late in the VISA promotion I was only given VISA as a payment option. Maybe they discovered the problem and stopped it! It hole has apparently been forgotten in the MasterCard promotion.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:32 am
R2

Originally Posted by Matt4
R2 MASTERCARD discount code is valid until 21st May.
http://www.qatarairways.com/mv/en/of...astercard.page
Matt4, thank you.

In the January sale, I bought several tickets with the VISA promo code and paid with Mastercard without any issues.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by R2
Matt4, thank you.

In the January sale, I bought several tickets with the VISA promo code and paid with Mastercard without any issues.
R2 that was probably early in the sale. When I tried 15 or 16 January, at the very end of the offer, I could only pay with VISA.
Think about it. If you pay with VISA then VISA are paying most of the rebate. If the VISA rebate is given but not paid for with VISA then QR have to pay the entire rebate themselves!
There was one of the far too many IT errors involved here and it was corrected at a late date in the sale. The same error appears to be in the current MasterCard sale. IT do not seem to have learnt from their own mistakes!
Old May 11, 2017, 6:24 am
R2

Originally Posted by remdk
R2 that was probably early in the sale. When I tried 15 or 16 January, at the very end of the offer, I could only pay with VISA.
Think about it. If you pay with VISA then VISA are paying most of the rebate. If the VISA rebate is given but not paid for with VISA then QR have to pay the entire rebate themselves!
There was one of the far too many IT errors involved here and it was corrected at a late date in the sale. The same error appears to be in the current MasterCard sale. IT do not seem to have learnt from their own mistakes!
remdk, just checked...the last ticket I bought was on 16 Jan and I still got the VISA discount with Mastercard. Whether it is IT or a human error - when it works in my favour I don't complain. The upside for QR is that whenever I find great fares (like those in the Jan sale) I end up buying tickets for travel I never planned to do in the first place...let's call it a win-win outcome
Old May 11, 2017, 1:18 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Aircraft change

Was booked into A380, flying out from CDG, but now the aircraft has been changed to 777-300. Does anyone ever come across similar thing? Is it possible to get a full refund because of the change?

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by HAT
Was booked into A380, flying out from CDG, but now the aircraft has been changed to 777-300. Does anyone ever come across similar thing? Is it possible to get a full refund because of the change?

Thanks!
It happens quite often on Qatar. No chance of getting a full refund. You can try asking to be moved to a different flight served by an A380?
Old May 11, 2017, 2:21 pm

HAT If you look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...es-2017-a.html you can see the scheduled equipment changes.

Your ticket is for flights between a and b only. Not a specific aircraft type. So no refund will be given. However it is sometimes possible, but rather rare, to change flights but you need a good reason to do so, such as upgrading to F!
Old May 11, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by HAT

Thanks!
Qatar do this a lot (anecdotal, I don't have figures). Its happened to me a few times and is a recurring theme on the Qatar subforum :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.