Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HAF
Flying QR in 2 weeks SFO-DOH-HYD and return, business class - specifically fare (C) not cheap BTW - and I am Sapphire with OneWorld - I am still confused re: what lounge access am i going to be allowed? when i go to my booking on the QR site it asks me to pay for lounge access .... if business lounge access is allowed - does QR allow to pay the difference to get into al safwa? and what would i expect for that amount to be? i would really appreciate getting a shower and on the return HYD-SFO i will be in DOH within the 5-8am bank on a Saturday which means business lounge will be packed.

--HAF
As you're in a fare class other than P you can access the Al Marjan lounge.

The cost for AS shouid be indicated where you previously saw the prices advertised. Someone upthread suggested $137.

Enjoy your flight!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Z is also for Miles Upgrade, this should be fine.
Only not giving access is Qcredit Upgrade
thanks all, it’s a miles redemption F ticket.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Z is also for Miles Upgrade, this should be fine.
Only not giving access is Qcredit Upgrade
That's wrong, all upgrades do not qualify for lounge access nor extra baggage allowance nor extra mileage accrual.
This is stated on https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/upgrade.html
Old Mar 11, 2022, 1:20 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong spot to post in. My son and I will be transiting DOH on the 18th. We will be there roughly 4pm to 8pm. All our QR flights to date have been on routes where F isn’t offered. Any FTer able to guest us in to AS? We have AM access but if I can get the boy at least into AS for a bit id be very appreciative.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CuppedUp
Apologies if this is the wrong spot to post in. My son and I will be transiting DOH on the 18th. We will be there roughly 4pm to 8pm. All our QR flights to date have been on routes where F isn’t offered. Any FTer able to guest us in to AS? We have AM access but if I can get the boy at least into AS for a bit id be very appreciative.
per access rules in wiki above - guest is not permitted
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pursh
Yes, QR Plats (flying in business) can guest +2 to Al-Safwa, as long as they are also flying in business class (incl. on P fares), regardless of flight destination.

I was guested once on this basis (I flew to JFK, my friend who guested me was flying to SIN).
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
per access rules in wiki above - guest is not permitted
Post 2395 contradicts the Wiki. Hence my asking,
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:02 pm

Hello. I will be traveling IAD-DOH-AUH on an AA award ticket. The first segment is in qsuite with a U code. Second segment is first class with a Z code. My layover in Doha is 12 hours. Will I be able to get in AS for free with my ticket? Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ajsdrewman
Hello. I will be traveling IAD-DOH-AUH on an AA award ticket. The first segment is in qsuite with a U code. Second segment is first class with a Z code. My layover in Doha is 12 hours. Will I be able to get in AS for free with my ticket? Thanks.
Yes, you can.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Yes, you can.

Thanks Schwann!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
I have an 8.5 hour layover coming up next month and the offer to buy up from Al Mourjan to Al Safwa for around $130... Is it worth it?

...well, more specifically, what's the chance of getting a room at midnight these days and/or is there any equivalent to the quiet area or lazy chairs in Al Mourjan?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:17 am

Hi,

I checked the thread and hope it wasn’t answered before but I am arriving in DOH from BKK on a business lite fare P class and continue to DXB in first A class .
Now business lite does not offer lounge access but the first A paid part should allow AS access regardless of the inbound flight, right?
As Silver member I could always use Al Mourjan or other business lounge at DOH anyways?

Thanks for your help,
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mfreezer
Hi,

I checked the thread and hope it wasn’t answered before but I am arriving in DOH from BKK on a business lite fare P class and continue to DXB in first A class .
Now business lite does not offer lounge access but the first A paid part should allow AS access regardless of the inbound flight, right?
As Silver member I could always use Al Mourjan or other business lounge at DOH anyways?

Thanks for your help,
No you won't have access. A P segment will invalidate any lounge access in the same direction of travel. Your DOH-DXB boarding pass will have "no lounge" printed on it
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kt74
I have an 8.5 hour layover coming up next month and the offer to buy up from Al Mourjan to Al Safwa for around $130... Is it worth it?

...well, more specifically, what's the chance of getting a room at midnight these days and/or is there any equivalent to the quiet area or lazy chairs in Al Mourjan?
There's no way to know if you will get a room ahead of time. If you buy at the lounge you can ask them to confirm a room before you'd pay, but you probably end up paying more as we've heard the price at the door is slightly higher.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:04 am

Depends how much you'll drink. There are bottles of champagne and win in there at that are $450 a bottle. I easily drink triple the entrance fee and get a great meal also.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:21 pm

Lounge Maximum Stay

I'm looking at some award availability on AA and saw some flights with 15hrs layover at Doha and I'm looking to take the Business class flight from Chicago-Doha-Maldives
1. Do I get Al Mourjan for the whole 15hrs?
2. Do I get AL Safwa for the whole 15hrs if I buy the lounge access?
15hrs sounds painful in AL Mourjan because there is no bed to sleep on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.