Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
So QR F via BA avios access granted. Not amazed by the menu inside but the staff is really great. Jacuzzi is top. For 50k avios on DOH-FRA really no-brainer. Unfortunately the staff just don't understand "chilled champagne". It makes fabulous La Grande Dame 06 blah....Lallier in Al Mourjan is way better in this case.

PS: I do have stories from the lounge on my insta @747jetter in case anyone is interested to see.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Evidently a new Sri Lankan menu added to the usual one...it just have tò be good, just me in the lounge...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Any further reports of being able to pay your way into Al-Safwa if flying QR J ?
Does it have to be paid QR J or is award ok too ?
How much was the amount again in QAR ?

Cheers
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Unfortunately the staff just don't understand "chilled champagne". It makes fabulous La Grande Dame 06 blah....
It was too cold or too warm? I like champagne colder than most people, and LGD was the two times I was there recently. It was perfect for me.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:36 am

Just 2 data points here, was in the Al safawa the beginning of April, the jacuzzi is free something that I did not know, also had the room for 6 hours, had breakfast did a few errands and requested the room again and it was granted without any questions or charges etc.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by ual902
Just 2 data points here, was in the Al safawa the beginning of April, the jacuzzi is free something that I did not know, also had the room for 6 hours, had breakfast did a few errands and requested the room again and it was granted without any questions or charges etc.
Thanks for this, good to know the Jacuzzi is free. If you don't mind me asking, how long were you in the lounge for and what were your flight times? Still trying to work out whether I would be granted access at 2pm for a flight out at 8am the next day. It sounds like people spend quite a lot of time in the lounge but not sure if you're only allowed in on the calendar day of the flight. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rano91
Thanks for this, good to know the Jacuzzi is free. If you don't mind me asking, how long were you in the lounge for and what were your flight times? Still trying to work out whether I would be granted access at 2pm for a flight out at 8am the next day. It sounds like people spend quite a lot of time in the lounge but not sure if you're only allowed in on the calendar day of the flight. Thanks.
Was in the Al Safawa from 1900 till 1500, did lock my stuff in the Al Safawa locker room went out to the Souk/city for 3 hours was in transfer LAX to AMM.

2pm to 8am will not be a problem.
Rano91 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I have the same question, since I’m flying at 8am and I would like to check in the night before (around 9-10 pm) and spend the night in the lounge. The problem is that my flight is not a connection. Anybody knows if I could do it?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ggomtel
I have the same question, since I’m flying at 8am and I would like to check in the night before (around 9-10 pm) and spend the night in the lounge. The problem is that my flight is not a connection. Anybody knows if I could do it?
I certainly wouldn’t bank on it.

They have been known to impose the six hour limit.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

I certainly wouldn’t bank on it.

They have been known to impose the six hour limit.
Is this not a 6 hour limit on the bedrooms? Not the lounge itself?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It was too cold or too warm? I like champagne colder than most people, and LGD was the two times I was there recently. It was perfect for me.
very warm
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:21 am

If you are transiting, dont worry about weird faces but if you checking in in DOH than you get some weird faces I was in lounge from 4pm to 7am before my 8am flight.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Rano91
Is this not a 6 hour limit on the bedrooms? Not the lounge itself?
The lounge as a whole.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
If you are transiting, dont worry about weird faces but if you checking in in DOH than you get some weird faces I was in lounge from 4pm to 7am before my 8am flight.
You mean purely by choice .... ? (as opposed to unavoidable transit scheduling ... ?)

Goodness. Why would you do that ... ??!
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

You mean purely by choice .... ? (as opposed to unavoidable transit scheduling ... ?)

Goodness. Why would you do that ... ??!
A friend of mine was transiting through and can't get Qatar visa so he only was allowed to be airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.