Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:50 am

Hi all,

Any news on whether the 8 hour transit rule is still being enforced? We're got a 10 hour transit:

PER - DOH, arrive 05:40 (F)
DOH - MXP, depart 15:40 (J)

Thanks
Josh
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Hello all,

What's the earliest one can check-in (assuming no bags) and use the lounge? I have an 8 am flight and ideally would like to arrive around 10 pm (departing from DOH, not connecting.)

There are a few similar questions in this thread, but no definitive answer. Any recent in-person experiences?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, FB Gold
Champagne?

Can anyone report which champagne is being poured in AS at the moment? And any of the other wines if someone recalls.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lopez151
Can anyone report which champagne is being poured in AS at the moment? And any of the other wines if someone recalls.
A couple of weeks ago they had Veuve La Grande Dame. I didn't notice if it was vintage, nor did I notice what other champagne(s) or other wines were available. I saw it on the bar, asked for it, and it was lovely. And a bit overchilled, just as I prefer.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
A couple of weeks ago they had Veuve La Grande Dame. I didn't notice if it was vintage, nor did I notice what other champagne(s) or other wines were available. I saw it on the bar, asked for it, and it was lovely. And a bit overchilled, just as I prefer.
Yes La Grande Dame 2006. Unfortunately last week is was far away from being “over chilled”
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Yes La Grande Dame 2006. Unfortunately last week is was far away from being “over chilled”
Sorry to hear. I like this much better than Krug.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:13 am

I had the Bordeaux a couple of weeks ago, Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou Saint Julien 2008, I liked this a lot.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Can BA (or any other OneWorld partners) first class passengers access this lounge? I have the impression that only first class passengers on Qatar Airways can use it.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by chinhk
Can BA (or any other OneWorld partners) first class passengers access this lounge? I have the impression that only first class passengers on Qatar Airways can use it.
Unfortunately not. It is only for Qatar airways passengers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Which lounge would BA first class passengers use??
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I was under the impression that BA F passengers are also admitted in? At least that is what was reported in one of the threads in the BA forum.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
BA Pax Ticketed in First can access Al Safwa.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Always sensible to refer to the Wiki, where it states quite clearly that OneWorld first-class qualifies for access:

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass* from their previous flight, provided the flight time was over 5 hours. That specifically means flights on an A380.
- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades / QCredit upgrades to First do not give access.

If this information is not correct, then perhaps someone in the know could correct it.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Still La Grande Dame 2006 and St Julien 3 days ago. Plus a 2nd Bordeaux I don't remember. Cognac on display was Hennessy XO ..a bit poor for Al Safwa. Plus amazingly Camus VS..while QR serves in eco Camus VSOP Advised them not to display a lower quality cognac than the one being served in eco. Seemed bar team had no clue about cognac Lounge was a bit full..and a bit loud because of some noisy guests....and staff told me at peak times it is even packed now
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

If you arrive on BA LHR to DOH and connect on a QR business class ticket can you use the first class lounge?

The wiki implies its QR only but then also says one world first class passengers can access the lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.