Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
They offered Krug 2004 this morning when we were there.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: QR Platinum / SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Yenakad
Great experience, wife and I travelled together with infant daughter on upgraded Eco>Biz tickets (with QPoints) from Asia to Europe. As it was our first long-haul trip with an infant I booked the free Al Maha transfer service in Doha for Platinum members (both my wife and I are Platinums). After transit screening the agent asked if we want to go to Al Mourjan and Al Safa. I mention I am not sure if we are entitled for Al Safa. She told us to wait in front of the escalator while she went upstairs to check. Took a while and she came back and we went upstairs. Again waiting a moment at the reception, got our stamped boarding passes and headed for breakfast. Wonderful service and super helpful with our daughter. Flying back in January, will try again and see if we are admitted again. I realized while waiting at the reception that the checking for other people took quite a while. Really hope to get back again.
Just to report back from our return journey. Same situation, it took a moment to check but finally we were admitted to Al Safa with our Eco>Biz tickets (with QPoints). Both of us are QR Plat. members.
tiamsanit and lifeonthego_k like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yenakad
Just to report back from our return journey. Same situation, it took a moment to check but finally we were admitted to Al Safa with our Eco>Biz tickets (with QPoints). Both of us are QR Plat. members.
Thank you for the update.

Award tickets in Z will get access to the Lounge?
Qcredit upgrade to Z from Business I will get access only if Platinum?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
Got access on upgraded economy tickets to business / first MAN-RUH, they were upgraded to using QCredits that I got on status match to Gold from EK.
Was extremely greatful, not been with QR since 2016/17 and was really choosing QR to spend QPoints and see qsuite - very impressed overall, Al Safwa was better few years back but still seriously good.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Thank you for the update.

Award tickets in Z will get access to the Lounge?
Qcredit upgrade to Z from Business I will get access only if Platinum?
Award tickets issued in business will have access to lounges. Upgrades of any kind will not.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Champagne is now Krug 2004, and Charles Heidsick rose
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
Award tickets issued in business will have access to lounges. Upgrades of any kind will not.
Except see post 2297.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by railways
Except see post 2297.
Not an exception, status holders still get lounge access if they're eligible.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I am QR Platin and i fly with a money paid biz(Classic, no lite) ticket with Qatar. I know i have access to Al Safa because of my Platin status.

But this time i have a friend with me but on an award ticket in biz (no upgrade), also booked with Qatar with Qatar miles

Can i bring my friend inside Al Sawfa? My frind is only QR burgundy

Last edited by Crisu69; Jan 28, 2022 at 11:03 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone had any problems getting a sleeping room overnight of late. There will be 2 of us travelling so the twin rooms are fine with arrival in lounge of approx 2330. Presumably they don’t use these for solo travellers until all rooms are full?

If they are full, can you sleep on the sofas in the family area at night or do they not allow this? Or can you use the spa and use the chill out area for a nap? I believe you have to pay to access the jacuzzi/shower/relaxation area?

Also as I will be purchasing access on the door, how strict are they with the 6 hour rule if I need 6 hours 30 minutes? Is it still QAR 600 for entry? Discounted entry was showing on my booking in the app but has now gone.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by Neilgcal; Jan 28, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:31 am

So in Feb: LAX-DOH-DXB QR tix (no fancy QR or OW status). LAX - DOH Business class "I", then "A" DOH-DXB.
(Upon return our flight is "A" then "R" but don't really need a lounge is only about 90 min layover).
Under "manage flt" they offer paying for the lounges. Odd, because we should have AM automatically. IN any case, can we get Al Safwa?
Should we wait until we get to Doha AM lounge and try paying for AS? Seems the AS lounge is being offered at about $137 pp. we have a 6+ hr layover in Doha.
(Am also curious why they are trying to sell me AM entry as I am class "I")
And: upon return flight out of DXB: will I be able to use a lounge In Dubai before our A, R (respectively) flights?
Thank you

Last edited by bvmcginnis; Jan 30, 2022 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
So in Feb: LAX-DOH-DXB QR tix (no fancy QR or OW status). LAX - DOH Business class "I", then "A" DOH-DXB.
(Upon return our flight is "A" then "R" but don't really need a lounge is only about 90 min layover).
Under "manage flt" they offer paying for the lounges. Odd, because we should have AM automatically. IN any case, can we get Al Safwa?
Should we wait until we get to Doha AM lounge and try paying for AS? Seems the AS lounge is being offered at about $137 pp. we have a 6+ hr layover in Doha.
(Am also curious why they are trying to sell me AM entry as I am class "I")
And: upon return flight out of DXB: will I be able to use a lounge In Dubai before our A, R (respectively) flights?
Thank you
This is just bad QR IT. You are entitled to AM and AS access
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by kq747
This is just bad QR IT. You are entitled to AM and AS access
That would be cool. Thx. Do you mean I have access if I buy AS as an add-on? And, if so, do I wait until I get to DOH?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:37 am

On the outbound, you have access to AS due to holding a First Class boarding pass to DXB.

On the return, it's a relatively recent rule (anecdotally) which apparently allows you to access AS by virtue of having the inbound First Class flight from DXB, but that might be a case of YMMV. If not, you definitely have AM access.
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Has anyone had any problems getting a sleeping room overnight of late. There will be 2 of us travelling so the twin rooms are fine with arrival in lounge of approx 2330. Presumably they don’t use these for solo travellers until all rooms are full?
The last 3-4 times that i passed as a somo travelle AS all rooms were full they told me.
I arrived nearly same time like you.

Maybe they had free twin rooms but they not give them to solo traveller. Could be your luck if you are 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.