Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
The reconfigured A332 comes in two versions, one is distinguishable by the 4th row being behind the galley and doesn't use the B/E Diamond seats. The second reconfigured A332 version uses the B/E Diamond seats and is not distinguishable from the seat map. For updated info, refer to the wiki on this thread.
Print Wikipost

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Well start by re reading your own post. It clearly you who takes criticism of qr at a personal level. ' bye bye' indeed. Grow a thicker skin.

After 9 hours on cx today i would nt change a word. Qr was rubbish. That is my view, live with it that i disagree with you.
All I did was wish you goodbye after which you started your attacks, what's your problem? I would ask why the aggression & personal attacks but a quick view of your previous posts seems to indicate it's your default setting. Grow a thicker skin? Your reactions indicate someone with a history of attempting to win debates by intimidation.

Have re-read my post(s) I can see clearly I wrote that you avoid QR & I'll continue to fly them, both for our own reasons. I've also said that QR aren't perfect & I continue to fly with them for the reasons stated. Why the aggressive reply?

I seem to remember you advised someone to stop complaining about BA on FT & contact the airline directly; suggest you do the same with QR. I'll say it again, they're not perfect & improvements, especially wrt the older A330's in J (I've also flown in them on the HKG route), would be welcomed.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:26 am

I flew QR 815 on HKG-DOH over the holidays, and the plane had the new seats!

I was very happy to see that. Tons of legroom, the seat cushions were very firm and comfy, slept six hours.

What I couldn't quite figure out was whether the seats are lie-flat or just near-lie-flat?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've just noticed my J flight from LHR-DOH on 5th Feb has been changed from the all business A319 to the A330-200. Shame. Anyone have any info on whether it will be old or new config?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:35 am

iluvdoco,

The seat is slightly angled relative to the floor, also the the headrest raises the seat near the head and the thinner cushion near the feet lowers it slightly at the end of the seat. For all intents and purposes it could be considered flat as the aircraft flies with a nose up attitude. Here is a photo of the A330 seat, you can compare the lines of the seat with the lines of the armrest.

Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
iluvdoco,

The seat is slightly angled relative to the floor, also the the headrest raises the seat near the head and the thinner cushion near the feet lowers it slightly at the end of the seat. For all intents and purposes it could be considered flat as the aircraft flies with a nose up attitude. Here is a photo of the A330 seat, you can compare the lines of the seat with the lines of the armrest.

Ah, thanks for the explanation N1Rotate! Helpful picture. I think I felt a slight angle by the headrest, but was too tired to fully notice.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: CX Gold
Does anyone know if the A333 from CRK to DOH will have the new refurbished fully lie flat seats already?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
The wiki says that GDS showing no 26G and 27GDK indicates the new seats.
Does that mean it shows as blocked on expertflyer?
Looking at KTM-DOH I see those seats as blocked and similarly on CMN flight which I took with the new seat. So I presume that is the correct way to see it on EF?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
The wiki says that GDS showing no 26G and 27GDK indicates the new seats.
Does that mean it shows as blocked on expertflyer?
Looking at KTM-DOH I see those seats as blocked and similarly on CMN flight which I took with the new seat. So I presume that is the correct way to see it on EF?
No, the seats will simply not be there in a new config airplane. If they're blocked, then they have the current config loaded but QR (rightfully) doesn't want to assign them in advance to avoid customer care issues in case the new configuration is substituted into the flight.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:59 am

Does anyone know if the flight schedule of QR840 and QR841 will be the same plane from DOH to HKT and then HKT to DOH?

I checked the seating plan on their website for my outbound economy flight and the seats 26G and 27GJK are in fact blocked out. I am flying business on the return journey so I am unable to check the economy seats.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WindowSeat87
Does anyone know if the flight schedule of QR840 and QR841 will be the same plane from DOH to HKT and then HKT to DOH?

I checked the seating plan on their website for my outbound economy flight and the seats 26G and 27GJK are in fact blocked out. I am flying business on the return journey so I am unable to check the economy seats.

Thanks in advance.
Possibly but not necessarily - QR do sometimes switch their aircraft types around on different days. Also, just because those seats are blocked in the seatmap now it doesn't mean that it will definitely be a refurbished A332 - I've noticed they tend to block them until check-in on the older A332s as well in case of any last minute aircraft substitutions.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WindowSeat87
I am flying business on the return journey so I am unable to check the economy seats.

Thanks in advance.
Just a quickie for you;

if you don't have access to one of the professional travel tools (ExpertFlyer or similar) you can go to Expedia.com & do a dummy booking for your selected flights & travel class. You can then view the seating plan before advancing to the payment section.

(I know ExpertFlyer has a free 5 day trial period, but after that's expired it gets more difficult).
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:39 pm

Hi guys,

I will be flying on flight QR6 (economy) LHR to DOH on April 22. The aircraft has now been changed from an A332 to an A333.

Does anyone know the status of QR's A333 fleet refurbishment? Does it also concern Y class?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Constant92
Hi guys,

I will be flying on flight QR6 (economy) LHR to DOH on April 22. The aircraft has now been changed from an A332 to an A333.

Does anyone know the status of QR's A333 fleet refurbishment? Does it also concern Y class?
They have the same exact Y class
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by QatarA340
They have the same exact Y class
Thank you for your reply. While I'm aware that the A332 and A333 have the same config in Y, I was more curious to find out if there were any plans to furbish Y cabins on both types.

I heard the IFE is quite old on these aircraft.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Anyway to find out which version of the A330-200 ?

Hi all,

I flew MAN > DOH QR22 about 2 weeks ago and i was on a A330-200 with the new interior which looks the same design as the one in the A380 (touch screen ICE etc). A couple of days ago i took the same flight and i was in the older design connecting onto the new design and i have to say i do prefer the new design.

I only fly for pleasure so don't fly too much (will make gold with my return flight in 2 weeks time), so i am flexible with dates etc... I would like to know if i can find out which trim level i would get one each leg of my flight as sadly currently i am stuck with the A330-XXX.

Thanks an advance... hopefully MAN>DOH route will get an upgrade as the load seems flight on my last few flights (even with the third extra daily flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.