Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
The reconfigured A332 comes in two versions, one is distinguishable by the 4th row being behind the galley and doesn't use the B/E Diamond seats. The second reconfigured A332 version uses the B/E Diamond seats and is not distinguishable from the seat map. For updated info, refer to the wiki on this thread.
Print Wikipost

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
This has happened to me before, and they have given J service in the F seats.

As there is no 3J in the F cabin though, that is probably why you have your original 3K seat but your companion shows unallocated. They may or may not be planning to use the business cabin for economy. Either way, you'll probably need to sort out seats together at the airport. That's assuming the aircraft doesn't switch again before then...
Thanks very much. The aircraft changed back again and we're now all sorted which is a relief - didn't fancy the old sloping J product!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
decentmove I think that provided you ignore the comments about "170° Lie Flat" you should find fairly accurate seat maps for the A330s at http://www.theqatarsource.com/seatmaps.html.
The A332 described as "flat bed" is the B/E MiniPod seat map and the other A332 seat map is the B/E Diamond seat map.
There are two versions of the A333 seat map for the differing number of J seats. The B/E Diamond seat is used throughout.
I was looking forward to use the A359 CDG-DOH QR 38 on 31 January.
But it has just been changed to an A333 with 30J.
I assume that these are the (awful) Diamond? No chance of having the old angled ones?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
I was looking forward to use the A359 CDG-DOH QR 38 on 31 January.
But it has just been changed to an A333 with 30J.
I assume that these are the (awful) Diamond? No chance of having the old angled ones?
Same thing happened to me. Was looking forward to a DOH-CDG flight tomorrow on the A350 and it's been changed to an A333.

Anyway, the A333 has 5 rows of 6 seats each. What would be the best seat in this case? Traveling with the wife so at least the two seats a piece is not a huge bother. Would 1E/1F be a good choice? Or is the front row compromised in some way?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:44 pm

lhioseddy Row 1 of the aircraft is totally blocked and unassignable due to the bassinets placed in that row.
Any unused row 1 seats will usually be released by the start of airport check-in so if you want them, and they are available, you have to be near the front of the queue when check-in opens.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:14 am

lhioseddy Row 1 of the aircraft is totally blocked and unassignable due to the bassinets placed in that row.
Any unused row 1 seats will usually be released by the start of airport check-in so if you want them, and they are available, you have to be near the front of the queue when check-in opens.
It appears that all the seats are blocked on my seat map. However, 1E and 1F have been auto assigned to us at online checkin (I can't change them since everything else shows as unavailable). Are these good seats? (Seatguru has the usual stuff about how they are close to the galley..) I have noticed that service is usually better in row 1. I don't think I've ever flown in QRs Diamond seats. Always been on a 787 so far and sad that the A350 isn't ready yet (I believe we missed it by 2 days since it looks regular from 1st March onwards..).
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by lhioseddy
It appears that all the seats are blocked on my seat map. However, 1E and 1F have been auto assigned to us at online checkin (I can't change them since everything else shows as unavailable). Are these good seats? (Seatguru has the usual stuff about how they are close to the galley..) I have noticed that service is usually better in row 1. I don't think I've ever flown in QRs Diamond seats. Always been on a 787 so far and sad that the A350 isn't ready yet (I believe we missed it by 2 days since it looks regular from 1st March onwards..).
The middle pair 1E/F is the only way of avoiding the awful narrow footwell for two people travelling together, so I would take that (unless looking out of the window is particularly important). If travelling solo, the two aisle seats on the side is also considerably better than any other aisle seat in terms of feeling less closed in.

Last edited by stargold; Feb 27, 2017 at 2:41 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:51 am

lhioseddy you are indeed lucky having what are probably the best two seats on the aircraft allocated to you. This tells me that the J cabin is very full indeed and there will probably be no chance to change seats, even if you wanted to!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:01 am

lhioseddy you are indeed lucky having what are probably the best two seats on the aircraft allocated to you. This tells me that the J cabin is very full indeed and there will probably be no chance to change seats, even if you wanted to!
Expertflyer is showing 1B, J, & K as blocked. The rest is all occupied so I think you're right about it being very full and us being very lucky! Well, some luck is nice after not getting the A350.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by stargold
The middle pair is the only way of avoiding the awful narrow footwell for two people travelling together, so I would take that (unless looking out of the window is particularly important).
Am I correct in assuming that this applies for the A346 also?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by florens
Am I correct in assuming that this applies for the A346 also?
Yes, this is the same for the A346.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by stargold
Yes, this is the same for the A346.
Thanks! Moved to EF seats on my overnight DOH-KUL flight.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Thanks! Moved to EF seats on my overnight DOH-KUL flight.
Just to be clear, I meant 1E/F are the middle pair seats which have the full width footwells (in the context of that poster's question) - rows further back have narrower footwells. Sorry about any confusion.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Search tool resurrected this thread for me. What’s the current status of A330 configurations? Seems the dreaded narrow wedged seats in Business that I thought finally went away with the retirement of the A340-600’s are still alive and kicking in some (or all?) A330’s. How many A330’s are still flying for QR, and how many of them have the shoulder-pinching seats in Business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.