Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
The reconfigured A332 comes in two versions, one is distinguishable by the 4th row being behind the galley and doesn't use the B/E Diamond seats. The second reconfigured A332 version uses the B/E Diamond seats and is not distinguishable from the seat map. For updated info, refer to the wiki on this thread.
Print Wikipost

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:44 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by decentmove
Dear fellow travelers,

It's probably childish telling the world how annoyed I am with the frequent equipment changes of QR. ;p

Originally booked on an A350 in J, I'm now rebooked on what they call A330.

I'm afraid there is no way of finding out which of the many A330 versions I'm gonna be flying with, right? And therefore it's impossible to zero in on the correct seat map?

Advice as always much appreciated.

Nice weekend everybody!
There are ways to tell, but it will likely be an A332 at the very least.

If you give us your route and date of travel, we might be able to help .

M
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:53 am

Question

Thank you for your quick response.

Why are you suggesting it would be an A332 where the webpage says A333?

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:16 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by decentmove
Thank you for your quick response.

Why are you suggesting it would be an A332 where the webpage says A333?

Thanks.
I shall respond here, opposed to PM, but you are correct - it is currently showing as an A330-300.

The cabin has 5 rows of J, and 3F is still an available seat.

Safe travels,

M
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:29 am

Thank you.

Basically my question is are we talking 333L, 333H, or 333K and how that can be found out? Moreover, the specific plane with 5 rows in J, are these new/refurbished seats, or rather old equipment.

How can I find all of that out - the wiki on the other thread does not help in this regard. Are what is it that I'm missing here?

Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:36 am

This page (http://www.theqatarsource.com/flyingqatarairways.html) says, "my" A333 is angled lie-flat. That means sloped.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:45 am

Having read this (http://www.airreview.com/Qatar-Airwa...iews/Fleet.htm) just now, I'm totally confused. New and old A330 are around, w/o further discrimination if we're talking -200 or -300.

Are all A330-300 old? Or are there some new ones around? If so, are those equipped with true lie-flat beds, or rather with the angled seats?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:40 am

decentmove if you read the link you post then you will see that it is out of date! No mention is made of QRs B787s and the A350s are quoted as ' being delivered from 2015'

There is ONE A330 with sloping seats, the three class A300-300 A7-AEB, all the others have lie flat seats of two different types. The Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ays-fleet.html states which are which.

Your confusion has been exacerbated by the seat maps on both the QR website and SeatGuru not being updated.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
decentmove if you read the link you post then you will see that it is out of date! No mention is made of QRs B787s and the A350s are quoted as ' being delivered from 2015'
My bad. I'm sorry, didn't realize.
There is ONE A330 with sloping seats, the three class A300-300 A7-AEB, all the others have lie flat seats of two different types. The Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ays-fleet.html states which are which.
So the Wiki indeed lists two other versions of A330-300s, next to the one which still has F class. However, both of these two feature the same, not different, seats. At least that's what I gather from Wiki stating "horizontal J, B/E Diamond seat in 2-2-2 config." for both versions, 333H and 333K.

Thank you.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:15 pm

decentmove sorry I mixed the 333s and 332s. It is the A330-200 that has two different types of lie flat seats not the A330-300s.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:46 pm

Question where to look?

Your confusion has been exacerbated by the seat maps on both the QR website and SeatGuru not being updated.
@rmdk:
What is a good place to look up up-to-date seatmaps for QR aircraft? The A330-300 for one, but not also other types? Any suggestions? Thank you.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:03 pm

decentmove I think that provided you ignore the comments about "170° Lie Flat" you should find fairly accurate seat maps for the A330s at http://www.theqatarsource.com/seatmaps.html.
The A332 described as "flat bed" is the B/E MiniPod seat map and the other A332 seat map is the B/E Diamond seat map.
There are two versions of the A333 seat map for the differing number of J seats. The B/E Diamond seat is used throughout.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:20 pm

Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
My A332 to Phuket tomorrow morning has just been switched to an A333 with an F cabin so I am assuming this will be A7-AEB with the sloped J seats?

We were previously allocated 3J/3K which is where I am still seated but my partner is currently unallocated and it's not possible to choose a seat - I guess it will be sorted at check-in but do they normally close out the F cabin on routes where they only sold J?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by jamesjebell
My A332 to Phuket tomorrow morning has just been switched to an A333 with an F cabin so I am assuming this will be A7-AEB with the sloped J seats?

We were previously allocated 3J/3K which is where I am still seated but my partner is currently unallocated and it's not possible to choose a seat - I guess it will be sorted at check-in but do they normally close out the F cabin on routes where they only sold J?
Many moons ago I was able to select a seat in the F-cabin days before departure on a J-only route (ex-MNL). This may have changed in the meantime but I would see no reason for it.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jamesjebell

This has happened to me before, and they have given J service in the F seats.

As there is no 3J in the F cabin though, that is probably why you have your original 3K seat but your companion shows unallocated. They may or may not be planning to use the business cabin for economy. Either way, you'll probably need to sort out seats together at the airport. That's assuming the aircraft doesn't switch again before then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.