Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
The reconfigured A332 comes in two versions, one is distinguishable by the 4th row being behind the galley and doesn't use the B/E Diamond seats. The second reconfigured A332 version uses the B/E Diamond seats and is not distinguishable from the seat map. For updated info, refer to the wiki on this thread.
Print Wikipost

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QatarA340
Do you know the seat count in the Old vs New?
Don't know the new, but the old slanted-J 332s are AUTH-272 or AUTH-260 for the 2-class, and AUTH-232 or AUTH-228 for the 3-class (are these still around?)
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: the new is also AUTH-260, so that doesn't help.

As per up-thread, you need to display the Y cabin and if 26G and 27GJK are missing then it's the new config with horizontal lie-flat J.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Unlucky if you're flying J... Although I've noticed they do tend to use the old seat map until a few hours before flight (with specific seats blocked off in rows 26 & 27) and then switch the seat map to the new layout fairly last minute. In the Y cabin I think they have moved the seats closer together as part of the refurb so the older version may well be preferable in Economy class.

Flew in J. The flight was overbooked. 2 op up. An average experience, didn't sleep well, just 3 hours out of 8 hours flight. Super old AVOD, and I would never pay to fly to fly in A332. I used my Qcredits for this trip. I have no idea why thy would use a old A332 on a supposedly premium market in HKG.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QatarA340
Do you know the seat count in the Old vs New?
No, I don't have an exact number I'm afraid.

It feels tighter in Y to me though. Also, the new version goes back to row 41 (vs row 40 on the older version) and I'm guessing they've also increased the pitch of the J seats to allow for lie-flat beds, which must therefore also impact on the Y legroom.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tboons
Flew in J. The flight was overbooked. 2 op up. An average experience, didn't sleep well, just 3 hours out of 8 hours flight. Super old AVOD, and I would never pay to fly to fly in A332. I used my Qcredits for this trip. I have no idea why thy would use a old A332 on a supposedly premium market in HKG.
It's a strange choice considering they fly the 787/777 to all the other premium heavy Asia destinations. Especially now CX is also operating the route with a far superior product - its a simple codeshare rather than a profit sharing JV?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:19 pm

how about Clark Philippines to Doha? any chance of refurbishing A330 soon?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by hotlanta777777
how about Clark Philippines to Doha? any chance of refurbishing A330 soon?
I have had the refurbished A332 on this route, but right now there are mostly A333 in a 3 class configuration used. That is quite ok if the flight is overbooked in Y and they move you into the F cabin.
But I actually don't care that much on the CRK - DOH segment as it's a day flight.

Last edited by sturejan; Dec 8, 2014 at 12:17 am
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by sturejan
I have had the refurbished A332 on this route, but right now there are mostly A333 in a 3 class configuration used. That is quite ok if the flight is overbooked in Y and they move you into the F cabin.
But I actually don't care that much on the - segment as it's a day flight.
thanks. Already booked on business class. You mean they move you to first class?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum
If economy is overbooked they move business class into the first cabin and use the C seats for economy status pax.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:22 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by sturejan
If economy is overbooked they move business class into the first cabin and use the C seats for economy status pax.
As opposed to doh-hkg today on clapped out a330-200. Late. Very old j seats - like the ones even aa is ripping out, ife failed as rest of j cabin full of upgrades so could nt move to a working seat. 50 mins at hkg for premium bag delivery to top it off.

Qr sucks, simple. Inconsistent product. Doha lounges don't work. Seats don't work. Baggage does nt work.

Won't be coming back again. More like three star airline - not aimed at regular premium traffic or ow emeralds ( cabin crew were superb though - they were 5 star). I'll vote with my feet, i can only assume Fifa choose airline star categories too because there is no way even usairways at it worst could nt beat today's mediocrity.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DFB_london
Qr sucks, simple. Inconsistent product. Doha lounges don't work. Seats don't work. Baggage does nt work.

Won't be coming back again.
OK, thanks for that. Bye bye. ^
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:33 am

HKG-DOH is full of op up. Apparently, 2 were also op up on my flight from HKG to DOH on 3rd dec. not me unfortunately
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by impeymac
OK, thanks for that. Bye bye. ^
Patently you sit in the qatar can do no wrong camp....
Well so obviously does the airline. Good luck to you both. And yes it is bye bye.
Good luck to your experiences of an airline growing too fast with an inconsistent outdated product. Enjoy it.
I ll return to airlines that don't seem to do a fifa to get their quality ratings, and obviously run in countries with better labour practices than what i witnessed in the doha lounge. Good riddance qr.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Patently you sit in the qatar can do no wrong camp.....
Absolutely untrue, QR have mucked me about in the past & I've said so on this forum. We've witnessed aggressive posters like yourself before & there's no reasoning with them. I was merely wishing you a cordial goodbye, obviously hidden to you by the red mist...

Well so obviously does the airline. Good luck to you both. And yes it is bye bye.
Good luck to your experiences of an airline growing too fast with an inconsistent outdated product. Enjoy it.
I ll return to airlines that don't seem to do a fifa to get their quality ratings, and obviously run in countries with better labour practices than what i witnessed in the doha lounge. Good riddance qr.
If you want to vent your opinion & fly with another airline that's up to you. If I want to fly with QR that's up to me, just leave the aggression & personal attacks behind please.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by impeymac
Absolutely untrue, QR have mucked me about in the past & I've said so on this forum. We've witnessed aggressive posters like yourself before & there's no reasoning with them. I was merely wishing you a cordial goodbye, obviously hidden to you by the red mist...

If you want to vent your opinion & fly with another airline that's up to you. If I want to fly with QR that's up to me, just leave the aggression & personal attacks behind please.
Well start by re reading your own post. It clearly you who takes criticism of qr at a personal level. ' bye bye' indeed. Grow a thicker skin.

After 9 hours on cx today i would nt change a word. Qr was rubbish. That is my view, live with it that i disagree with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.