Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I am trying to upgrade the inbound section of a forthcoming trip. The route is BKK-DOH-CWL. It is currently showing as no availability on the redeem/upgrade option. Am i better off emailing Qatar or waiting to try and upgrade at the airport? I realise if the flight is full then there may be no possibility of an upgrade.
909account likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
They don't handle upgrade requests via email. You will be advised to check online.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until airport.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
They don't handle upgrade requests via email. You will be advised to check online.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until airport.
Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:37 am

How do you check if there is award availability on a flight? I know there is an upgrade my flight option, but that isn't always accurate.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:50 am

You use the search tool in QRs website with the premium option enabled plus qmiles option.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
erased question

Last edited by Snuggs; Mar 19, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta, American, SPG, Marriott
Travel from Texas (DFW, IAH, AUS) to JRO

Looking for some assistance on finding a reasonably priced set of tickets for last week in May 2019 (25th or 26th) from Texas to JRO (with return from JRO on 6/4).

Goal is to balance travel time with price. Obviously prefer the most direct route, but willing to add in an extra stop if it takes $2k out of a ticket.

Basic research seems to point to QA out of DFW via Doah to JRO......or KLM form Houston via Amsterdam to JRO.

Any guidance?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:05 am

Does anyone know if I book a $5k business class ticket on Qatar (DFW-BLR) if it would count towards an American Airlines platinum challenge? I see the following on AA site:

"Travel on Qatar Airways counts toward qualifying for AAdvantage® elite status membership. AAdvantage® elite status members receive additional benefits when traveling on Qatar."

My obvious concern is if that means flights booked thru AA but they put you on Qatar vs just booking a flight on Qatar which is what I am doing. Also do I put my AA number on the reservation or how do I get AA miles if flying Qatar?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by beltline
Does anyone know if I book a $5k business class ticket on Qatar (DFW-BLR) if it would count towards an American Airlines platinum challenge? I see the following on AA site:

"Travel on Qatar Airways counts toward qualifying for AAdvantage® elite status membership. AAdvantage® elite status members receive additional benefits when traveling on Qatar."

My obvious concern is if that means flights booked thru AA but they put you on Qatar vs just booking a flight on Qatar which is what I am doing. Also do I put my AA number on the reservation or how do I get AA miles if flying Qatar?
You earn EQD as a percentage of miles flown. 20% on R and I. 25% on J, C, and D.

With DFW-DOH-BLR being 9823 according to gcmap.com you would earn approximately 1965 EQD if booked in R or I, 2456 EQD if booked in J, C, or D.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
Bag drop deadline at OSL?

I can’t find it anywhere on the QR site. I see that checkin closes 60 mins before but nothing about baggage drop. I’m flying J.

Last edited by watersign; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:12 am Reason: Underlined by accident
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Read the terms of your Platinum Challenge. Usually, for the Challenges, AA will have specific partners through which you can satisfy the challenge requirements. Qatar Airways is usually not a challenge partner (Unless you get a Qatar airways flight "sold" to you as an "AA flight".....and I think that is currently not possible between AA and QR).
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Read the terms of your Platinum Challenge. Usually, for the Challenges, AA will have specific partners through which you can satisfy the challenge requirements. Qatar Airways is usually not a challenge partner (Unless you get a Qatar airways flight "sold" to you as an "AA flight".....and I think that is currently not possible between AA and QR).
You're correct - I googled and think I was confusing Qantas with Qatar.
  • Only flights on American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, and Qantas count towards the challenge
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by watersign
I can’t find it anywhere on the QR site. I see that checkin closes 60 mins before but nothing about baggage drop. I’m flying J.
I would definitely count both at the same cutout. OSL is not their gateway, but even at gateway it would be risky on international travel.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:34 pm

You're correct - I googled and think I was confusing Qantas with Qatar.
  • Only flights on American, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, and Qantas count towards the challenge
Perhaps best to stick to BA (or combination of AA/BA) for DFW-BLR if you want the trip to count towards your challenge.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You earn EQD as a percentage of miles flown. 20% on R and I. 25% on J, C, and D.

With DFW-DOH-BLR being 9823 according to gcmap.com you would earn approximately 1965 EQD if booked in R or I, 2456 EQD if booked in J, C, or D.
Thanks - I would be booked in "I" and although it would not count towards the platinum challenge it would count towards status. Would I get the numbers above you posted for each way? 9823 miles each way and 1965 EQD each way towards status? Also I've never credited any miles to a partner. Do you just leave the membership number blank and call in to apply it to the partner or can you actually enter your AA number when reserving the flight?

Okay after booking it allowed me to go in and choose American Airlines and enter my frequent flyer number.

Last edited by beltline; Mar 20, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.