Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
I believe D is cheaper than I but they have the same fare rules. Each RBD is separate so you'll need the same RBD and no fare difference in order to have a free change under the EOC policy, or you can pay the fare difference.
That's not how I read the policy, although it is not very clearly stated, and there may have been a discussion of this in other threads.

https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...ommitment.html

Rebook in the same ticketed RBD as original (within the same cabin and OAL) and flights as permitted according to original ticketed fare basis
Old May 6, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
That's not how I read the policy, although it is not very clearly stated, and there may have been a discussion of this in other threads.

https://www.qatarairways.com/tradepo...ommitment.html
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, 'Business Comfort' isn't a fare class nor does it form the fare basis. It is simply a grouping of different RBDs.
Fare basis - which is on the ticket - forms the fare rules, such as min/max stay and pricing.

You can ask the agent for the fare difference for the new date/routing then decide whether to go ahead for a change, or wait if you think one of the sectors will get cancelled.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:59 pm

I am suggesting that the fare difference does not have to be paid if the change is from D to D, or I to I.

But I will get off the newbie lounge thread and ask in an appropriate thread if I can find it.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I am suggesting that the fare difference does not have to be paid if the change is from D to D, or I to I.
I don't think it's true as the policy says if re-issuing without any fare difference' then 'rebook into the same RBD'.
If there's a fare difference, it will be as below

But regardless, you can always just call them and ask whether there's a fare difference and go from there.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:53 am

Glossary/Definitions?

Originally Posted by albert436 View Post
Hi,
Just wondering if there is on this site a page with explanations of abbreviations etc., eg. "MQD".
Apart from airport codes which are easy to look up.
Thank you!
Old May 7, 2022, 7:56 am

oops duplicate post
Old May 7, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by albert436
Hi,
Just wondering if there is on this site a page with explanations of abbreviations etc., eg. "MQD".
Thank you!
I had no idea but a search on a search engine of your choice for "mqd flight" revealed that it's something to do with Delta's FFP and apparently is an abbreviation for Medallion Qualifying Dollars.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by albert436
Hi,
Thank you!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php
kalderlake likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:59 am

Hi everyone,

My flight was downgraded from a 77L with Qsuite to a A333 without Qsuite. From what I understand, QR offers a "free change."
Does this mean I simply don't pay a change fee or does it also mean I don't pay a fare difference?
Old May 8, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tamagoyaki
Hi everyone,

My flight was downgraded from a 77L with Qsuite to a A333 without Qsuite. From what I understand, QR offers a "free change."
Does this mean I simply don't pay a change fee or does it also mean I don't pay a fare difference?
IF asked, they will attempt to accommodate you on a mutually convenient alternative service at no cost subject to availability
Old May 8, 2022, 9:52 am

Thanks for your reply. I've called into Doha and used their live chat function and they either say there's no availability or charge me a huge fare difference. I wonder if I can try again with another channel.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Thank you.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:21 pm

is the free cancel/change policy still in place for QR metal tickets booked using Qmiles?
it was the case throughout covid, but i am not sure if there is any rule change recently
Old May 9, 2022, 6:12 pm

Hi Guys, Looking to find alternative flights (not jetstar worried about recent cancellations and no refund issues),

Business MEL to HKT return or
even one way HKT to MEL
Mid August.
Budget is $3K return? (saw $2K one way)

We are platinum QF but Im struggling to capture any Classic Reward flights in Business that don't cost 1ML points! LOL

Would anyone here know of other route options.
We've thought of MEL to SIN, SIN to HKT, .. just wondering if there's options I've missed?

Travelling with a 3yo!
Old May 9, 2022, 11:24 pm

1. I'll soon be flying business with QR for the first time. ARN-DOH-BKK return. They advertise "1 one hour free wifi on board" is that for all four legs. 4 x 1h?
2. Amenity kits. Are there one for each leg too? So four amenity kits for the whole trip?
3. Pyjamas. Are QR fine if I ask them to switch my mens pyjamas for a lady pyjamas to give to a friend?

Thank You in advance.

Last edited by Turnpike; May 9, 2022 at 11:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.