Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 12:44 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Steffi PB
The original flight was from MEL to AKL, but now they only fly through Brisbane or Adelaide. My question is, if I have the right to my October flight since they already confirmed it and everything or if they can tell me that my flight is invalid when I arrive at the airport (since the promo code was only valid till June).
As I understand it, if your ticket is issued by Qatar airways (ie the e ticket number starts with 157-) then they have an obligation to fly you to AKL.

If they have changed the routes they fly to, their obligation to you still exists and they need to get you to your final destination. This is known as an involuntary change, and will/should trump any question of cost of fare, or in your case promotional fare.

Now, if on the other hand, the flights you wish to change to would fall outside the validity dates of your ticket, that would get more complex, but I don’t know your exact situation. It may be worth calling up again and speaking to someone else, to see if you get a different answer?
Old May 17, 2022, 1:10 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
The original flight was from MEL to AKL, but now they only fly through Brisbane or Adelaide.
Has QR replaced the now defunct MEL-AKL or is it still in your booking but listed as not confirmed ?
Old May 17, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC
The original flight was from MEL to AKL, but now they only fly through Brisbane or Adelaide. My question is, if I have the right to my October flight since they already confirmed it and everything or if they can tell me that my flight is invalid when I arrive at the airport (since the promo code was only valid till June).
Originally Posted by pythonisman
As I understand it, if your ticket is issued by Qatar airways (ie the e ticket number starts with 157-) then they have an obligation to fly you to AKL.

If they have changed the routes they fly to, their obligation to you still exists and they need to get you to your final destination. This is known as an involuntary change, and will/should trump any question of cost of fare, or in your case promotional fare.

Now, if on the other hand, the flights you wish to change to would fall outside the validity dates of your ticket, that would get more complex, but I don’t know your exact situation. It may be worth calling up again and speaking to someone else, to see if you get a different answer?
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Has QR replaced the now defunct MEL-AKL or is it still in your booking but listed as not confirmed ?
Agree with all of the above, QR have an obligation to get you to AKL, they have made an involuntary change.

What might have clouded the conversation is what you tried to ask for. You probably have no interest in going via MEL, you just need to get to AKL, and for QR that probably means rerouting you via Brisbane or Adelaide. To be clear this is an involuntary change due to actions taken that impact your original ticket by Qatar. But you have ONE shot at changing it, whatever you agree to, that's it, don't expect any more free changes unless there is another invol change.

These conversations are better when you have a clear idea of what you want, so have a look on the QR website and look at their timetable for flights between DOH and AKL on dates when you could fly - this could be a few days or so either side of your original booked journey. Then expand the search to now include your origin for the appropriate connections. Have a few options in order of preference. Then call up, mention that you need to sort out an involuntary change because of a cancellation of your route via MEL to get to AKL, and this is what I would like to suggest... Start with your best option and work down. If the first option is not acceptable ask what the rebooking parameters are. If what is offered does not work for you, request that NO changes are made to your ticket, hang up, and review your options and maybe ask here for some more advice.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:20 pm

I was REALLY excited for my first QSuite trip, but it went horribly wrong.

I recently completed a flight on Qatar Q Suite from MSP - DFW - (ATL -- oops!) - DOH - BLR - MLE - DOH - DFW - MSP

2 Questions.

1. Flight was delayed 5 hours, in DFW, then cancelled due to mechanical issues. It was handled VERY poorly (terrible communication, fights with passengers at terminal, horrible queues to find new flights, poor hotel overnight at DFW, etc.). Eventually after a night in Dallas, re-route through ATL, I made it to my final destination a day later. Is there any chance to get a credit / partial refund?
2. My baggage was lost, then found, but didn't arrive at my destination in India until 3 days later. Trust me, finding clothes, underwear, soap, etc. for 2 people in India when just arriving after 72 hours in transit is NOT ideal. How do I get reimbursed for this? I can't find anything on their website, emails don't get ANY response.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LukeO9
QR never had a MEL-AKL flight to my knowledge. For a time they did sell flights by NZ/QF to AKL in conjunction with DOH-MEL flights as a tag on. QR used to have DOH-BNE-AKL that was replaced by DOH-ADL-AKL (3 days a week service). This QR to AKL service was introduced in the pandemic. On the days QR do not operate to AKL Qatar will still include QF/JQ/NZ for the trans Tasman sector. As a frequent MEL-NZ traveller I keep a good track of trans Tasman airlines/routes.

What was the flight number MEL-AKL?
Any way if you have a confirmed e-ticket unlikely you will be asked to pay extra a check in. But FT is not Qatar Airlines.

Edit
Offish topic
17 May Flight mystery: Qatar Airways passengers stranded in Auckland
pythonisman likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 17, 2022 at 8:04 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 5:56 pm

I'm flying economy and paid for Al Morujan lounge access. However, I wanted this to be applied to my return leg, yet currently the booking is showing for the outbound leg. I looked through manage my trip and didn't see a way to change this. Any ideas how to change? Can CS change this if an agent actually answers an email or picks up the phone?
Old May 21, 2022, 2:12 am

What Lounge at Doha?

Hi, I'm platinum with QR flying J upgraded with Q credits and will be transiting with my wife who has no status flying on an AA J award. What lounge can we both access at Doha? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: QR Plat
Quick question on an odd combination of factors I've not had before:
If booking in F (BKK-DOH-LHR), and using cash + avios, will there still be access to Al Safwa in Doha for a platinum card holder?

Anyone know?

TIA,
-A
Old May 22, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Quick question on an odd combination of factors I've not had before:
If booking in F (BKK-DOH-LHR), and using cash + avios, will there still be access to Al Safwa in Doha for a platinum card holder?

Anyone know?

TIA,
-A
As cash + avios results in the same booking class as paying just with cash, you anyway should have access to Al Safwa as you are travellng in F.
We are on BKK - DOH next week in Business, as well cash + avios, and in MMB Al Safwa shows "included", as we are 2 Platinums....
ph-ndr likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you decide to credit to BAEC -> Al Mourjan Lounge
If you decide to credit to QRPC -> QR Silver Lounge

Upgrades does not include lounge access, thus lounge access would be based on your status.
I am curious if the above still applies? I fly this week...
Old May 23, 2022, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by riced
Hi, I'm platinum with QR flying J upgraded with Q credits and will be transiting with my wife who has no status flying on an AA J award. What lounge can we both access at Doha? Thanks.
Where is the 'First Class' lounge in Doha as that is what is stated on MMB?
Old May 23, 2022, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by riced
Where is the 'First Class' lounge in Doha as that is what is stated on MMB?
Technically, an upgraded ticket does not give access to AM. So it should be the first class lounge due to platinum status. The first class lounge has been closed for a long while, and the AM has been the substitute. The Gold lounge has been rumoured for a long while which should be the replacement for the first class lounge.

I noticed Friday that there is a fully decorated lounge area by the north node, above where the escalators goes down to the D and E bus gates, not sure if that is supposed to be the gold lounge.
riced and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The cheapest QR J tickets say 'seat selection for a fee'

Does this still apply to OWE status pax?
Old May 24, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Agent69
The cheapest QR J tickets say 'seat selection for a fee'

Does this still apply to OWE status pax?
Not in my experience, but also note that on Q suite flights often the centre quads are blocked out (unless you have a group of four).

If you’re in a couple you can get allocated one of the centre pairs but sometimes need to speak to QR to make that happen.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:11 am

Hi,

I've got my first flights on QR coming up and had a couple of questions:
I originally booked BER - DOH - DXB in Y, I upgraded with cash and booking now shows as BER-DOH with Fare class I and DOH-DXB fare class A. Do either of these fare classes give business/ first lounge access?

I've got around ~2 hours for the connection, is there even any point in trying to go to the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.