Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by realgaga
The BAEC and QRPC family programme are 2 different worlds.
The QR family programme is merely a way for the main member to collect some extra Avios. The family members don't gain any privileges nor status and these 'accounts' can only be created through a main member.
Thanks for the reply. I guess what I’m asking is, if those members have existing Avios in their BAEC accounts, is it possible to transfer those to my QRPC account by them nominating me as a main member either prior to, or after, transferring Avios to their QRPC accounts?
Old May 29, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
Mattress Cover

Hi Everyone, Flying next week from Phuket-Doha-Spain. 1st flight is an overnight on a 788 and then 2nd is a morning flight on a non q suite configured 359.

Does QR provide mattress cover for my two segments?
Have all the 788 ife systems been updated yet? I understand they were all getting a new Screen installed last year.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:42 pm

Hi all,

When I booked in Feb for my flight in Aug (MNL > DOH), I was very surprised to find myself on the A350K with QSuites! But this month, I learned I'm now on the old 777-300ER with no QSuites. Checking FlightRadar24 for the past week showed the 77W for all flights on that route with seemingly a handful QSuite aircraft. But the QR website doesn't show any QSuite flights available at all.

I know QR is known for equipment swaps and QSuite isn't common on this route, so it might change in 2 months. (I didn't receive any notification for this swap though.) But given the shortage and recent flight history, I'm curious if QSuites is still a possibility for me and if so, when should I contact the airline about trying to switch back to a QSuite flight?

I'm very new to this and saved up to treat myself on this trip, so I really appreciate the help! Thank you.

Last edited by LouAM; May 30, 2022 at 5:07 am
Old May 30, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by WandererNew
Hi everyone, I recently booked a flight from LHR to DOH: LHR -(by bus)- LGW - DOH. My itinerary is on a single ticket. The booking system gave me 4 hrs to transfer: a 10 am depart from LHR then to catch a 2 pm flight at LGW to DOH.
I guess the reason for this is I booked a BA2033/QR5942 on QA website. So I've got 2 questions :

1. Under current circumstances, do you think I can make the transit through, considering these 2 over-crowded airports, and that I would travel on a bank holiday morning?
2. Is there any possibility to skip the LHR-LGW part, but to check in from LGW directly? As I would initiate my trip from central London, this skipping can save me considerable amount of time. However I am not sure about the feasibility here.

Any comments are very appreciated!
I have no direct experience in this, but my knowledge gained from conversations on the forum would lead me to observe
  1. The actual time from LHR to LGW is about 45min to 1hour in normal/reasonable traffic. But if there is a snarl up on the M25 or M23 motorways then all bets are off how long it could take. At 10am you are past the worst of the morning traffic so the omens are good but there's no guarantees. Of note is that BA does sell some tickets with transit between LHR and LGW and their minimum connection time is 3 hours which would include getting off the plane, immigration, getting bags, finding your transport, checking in before check-in closes... So 4 hours on the face of it is reasonable just remembering that you have to get to LGW and check in before it closes.
  2. You can probably skip the LHR to LGW bus sector without any issue. Based upon reports from others where land based train and bus sectors are included I think all reports have not highlighted any issues with skipping such sectors as there is no easy way for QR to know if you took thee land based journey or not. I have no direct experience but suggest if you just went to LGW no one at QR would be any the wiser.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade with avios a ticket bought in discount economy (O)?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Avios
CPT - IAD Sep 27 2022

Hi! I am a first-time poster so apologies in advance if this is inappropriate to ask - I am wondering if someone might be able to tell me how many Avios points I will need for a Business Trip reward flight from Cape Town to Washington, D.C. (IAD) on September 27, 2022 (QR 1370 CPT-DOH/QR 0707 DOH-IAD). I have a ton of AmEx points I want to use for the flight, but Qatar's website won't even let me see the reward flight options without having the Avios points in my account. I also attempted to call Qatar but the call got "disconnected" three times.

I am a bit nervous about transferring any points without knowing that reward tickets are available for that flight plan, so if someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!! This flight is for my honeymoon which has been delayed several times due to COVID so we are really looking forward to flying in luxury (hopefully!).
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ckoury1
September 27, 2022 (QR 1370 CPT-DOH/QR 0707 DOH-IAD).
No QR Bus nor First availability
Economy is at flex (2x) - 190,000 Avios + 5450.80 ZAR

BA Economy (via LHR) is 58,500 Avios + 8820.80 ZAR
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Avios
Wow, thank you so much, Virginia!! I really appreciate your help! Sorry, I have a follow-up question: do you think the lack of business/first availability for reward flights means that economy tickets booked with cash cannot be upgraded with Avios points?

Last edited by ckoury1; Jun 2, 2022 at 8:08 am Reason: Follow-up question
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
When Qatar moves to T4 at LHR will there be a lounge for a OW elite (silver) flying in economy?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by webstereo
When Qatar moves to T4 at LHR will there be a lounge for a OW elite (silver) flying in economy?
Before T4 closed, QR used to use the Skyteam lounge for status pax.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Is there a GOLD number that I can call or contact, or is it just the one general number?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by florin
Is there a GOLD number that I can call or contact, or is it just the one general number?
The numbers of the priority lines for each country are at the bottom of the 'contact centre' page after logging into your account.
florin likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:33 am

Probably a stupid question- but if I have a reward booking and would like to change the dates, I get that I would be on the hook for any increase in YQ and a $25 or so change fee…

BUT, if I have found availability on another date and the availability on this new date is only at ‘X2’ mileage/Avios cost level, whereas my original reward booking was at the ‘normal/saver’ reward level - would QR debit extra miles from my account (so that I’ve paid x2 for the booking) - or would they say ‘hey, it’s reward space, no worries, just pay the additional YQ and change fee, no extra Avios’ ?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:00 am

Deleted

Last edited by Virginia Emery; Jun 8, 2022 at 8:00 am Reason: Nah
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hi, I am wanting to book an award flight with Avios on qatarairways.com. The cost is 350k Avios and I have a BA household account with my wife with enough Avios between us. Is it possible to book on qatarairways.com even though neither of us have 350k individually but we do in our BA household account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.