Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 6:41 am

Question

Hi everyone,

I recently joined the Privilege Club and can't figure out whether or not booking my QA flight through third party websites e.g. Booking.com would disqualify me from earning the eligible Qpoints. This part of the Terms and Conditions is what has been confusing me:

"7.1 Main Members earn Qpoints for travel at eligible fares on:

(a) flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways;

7.3 You will not earn Qpoints for:

(a) Award tickets issued using Avios including Avios + Cash Awards (see section 14.3);

(b) lost, refunded, forfeited, unused or expired tickets or tickets with any type of discount over published rates. This includes free of charge tickets, charter flights, complimentary tickets, agent and travel industry discount tickets, airline staff travel tickets, rebate tickets and any prize ticket;"

I'd appreciate any advice, as I want to book this ticket asap and have failed to find an answer to my question for the last 2 months.

Thanks a lot!
Old May 24, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Might seem a crazy question but how do you email QRPC?
Old May 24, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by elbirchos
Hi,

I've got my first flights on QR coming up and had a couple of questions:
I originally booked BER - DOH - DXB in Y, I upgraded with cash and booking now shows as BER-DOH with Fare class I and DOH-DXB fare class A. Do either of these fare classes give business/ first lounge access?

I've got around ~2 hours for the connection, is there even any point in trying to go to the lounge?
Upgrades don't give lounge access, but you can always try.
Traveller999 and elbirchos like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by BDiopside
Hi everyone,

I recently joined the Privilege Club and can't figure out whether or not booking my QA flight through third party websites e.g. Booking.com would disqualify me from earning the eligible Qpoints. This part of the Terms and Conditions is what has been confusing me:

"7.1 Main Members earn Qpoints for travel at eligible fares on:

(a) flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways;

7.3 You will not earn Qpoints for:

(a) Award tickets issued using Avios including Avios + Cash Awards (see section 14.3);

(b) lost, refunded, forfeited, unused or expired tickets or tickets with any type of discount over published rates. This includes free of charge tickets, charter flights, complimentary tickets, agent and travel industry discount tickets, airline staff travel tickets, rebate tickets and any prize ticket;"

I'd appreciate any advice, as I want to book this ticket asap and have failed to find an answer to my question for the last 2 months.

Thanks a lot!
You can earn Qpoints and Avios on travel agent tickets.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:17 pm

Programs: Qantas, Etihad, Emirates
Does anyone know where I can see how many qpoints I need and what timeframe I have to retain silver, I can't see it anywhere on my dashboard.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:19 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
I am curious if the above still applies? I fly this week...
Update! Upon returning to Al Mourjan I was redirected to Al Safwa. Shocked but it’s quite pleasant even if the coffee is awful 😣 😏

It does!😎

Last edited by NoY; May 25, 2022 at 12:14 am
Old May 25, 2022, 11:03 am

Does QR still require face mask on board?
Old May 25, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Turnpike
Does QR still require face mask on board?
They did on the 19th of May. They are not super strict, but you will be reminded if you are too obviously in conflict with the rules.
Turnpike likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Next week I’m flying with Qatar Airways from AMS tot MLE with a transit in DOH. Previously I booked Qsuite. Unfortunately Qatar changed our seats to their “old” business class instead of Qsuite.

I’ve been following all the flights that departed from Amsterdam to Doha the last 9 days. 8 out of 9 of the flights were equipped with Qsuite.

As everyone knows Qatar airways is famous of constantly changing their aircraft and flight times, I was wondering how likely the change is that we last minute have Q-suite on board. Does this happen quite often? Or should I just accepted I probably am going to fly old business class.

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Amsflyer1506
Hi everyone,

Next week I’m flying with Qatar Airways from AMS tot MLE with a transit in DOH. Previously I booked Qsuite. Unfortunately Qatar changed our seats to their “old” business class instead of Qsuite.

I’ve been following all the flights that departed from Amsterdam to Doha the last 9 days. 8 out of 9 of the flights were equipped with Qsuite.

As everyone knows Qatar airways is famous of constantly changing their aircraft and flight times, I was wondering how likely the change is that we last minute have Q-suite on board. Does this happen quite often? Or should I just accepted I probably am going to fly old business class.

Thanks!
It can change back. I had the old business class seat booked on a 77W, but when I came to check in at the airport it was a Q-Suites plane.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:19 pm

does anyone believe that qatar will open any award space during the world cup?
Old May 28, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Uuaww
does anyone believe that qatar will open any award space during the world cup?
Probably the answer is no. It's very unlikely for them to open award seats while they could sell revenue tickets at high fare buckets due to the surplus demand.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:52 pm

Bus trip appears on a ticket of LHR-LGW-DOH itinerary

Hi everyone, I recently booked a flight from LHR to DOH: LHR -(by bus)- LGW - DOH. My itinerary is on a single ticket. The booking system gave me 4 hrs to transfer: a 10 am depart from LHR then to catch a 2 pm flight at LGW to DOH.
I guess the reason for this is I booked a BA2033/QR5942 on QA website. So I've got 2 questions :

1. Under current circumstances, do you think I can make the transit through, considering these 2 over-crowded airports, and that I would travel on a bank holiday morning?
2. Is there any possibility to skip the LHR-LGW part, but to check in from LGW directly? As I would initiate my trip from central London, this skipping can save me considerable amount of time. However I am not sure about the feasibility here.

Any comments are very appreciated!
Old May 29, 2022, 9:51 am

Does anyone know how the family programme is working now please that QR have adopted Avios?

I have two family members who are looking to nominate me as a main member and currently have their own Avios in BA accounts.

Is it possible to either;

1) Sign them up for QR PC accounts and immediately nominate me as the main member… then transfer their BA Avios over? (Don’t want the Avios to be lost!!)

or

2) Create their own QR PC accounts and transfer their Avios from BA-linked accounts, then nominate me as a main family member?

are either of these options possible to keep the Avios? TIA!
Old May 29, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87
Does anyone know how the family programme is working now please that QR have adopted Avios?

I have two family members who are looking to nominate me as a main member and currently have their own Avios in BA accounts.

Is it possible to either;

1) Sign them up for QR PC accounts and immediately nominate me as the main member… then transfer their BA Avios over? (Don’t want the Avios to be lost!!)

or

2) Create their own QR PC accounts and transfer their Avios from BA-linked accounts, then nominate me as a main family member?

are either of these options possible to keep the Avios? TIA!
The BAEC and QRPC family programme are 2 different worlds.
The QR family programme is merely a way for the main member to collect some extra Avios. The family members don't gain any privileges nor status and these 'accounts' can only be created through a main member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.