Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by flashware
I believe the 744's are being re-fit with Mk II's.
All 6 747-438ER and 3 of the best 747-438 will be refitted starting next year as they pull F from the non-A380 routes.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:06 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by flashware
I believe the 744's are being re-fit with Mk II's.
Not yet. No 747's have Skybed Mk II at the moment, and not likely until next year at the earliest. And then it won't be all the 744s getting them.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: QF
Advice re 2 class 744

Hi folks, this is my first post on FlyerTalk. I am a Platinum QF member but achieved and maintain my status all on discount economy flights (so does my boss, so it's hard to argue). As such, I fly a lot on 747s to/from Europe and USA. Generally I have been choosing a window in the twin seats down the back (view, side room, etc.) . In October I return to Oz on LA~Bris rather Syd or Melb and I note that I'm on a 2-class 747 with standard 2-class plan. QF have given me 26K - row 1 window in std Y (no PE) and I'm a little nervous:
1. While bulkheads mean no seat in front, I hate trying to sleep with feet jammed against the wall. How much space is in that recess they talk about?
2. I'm also nervous re the width of the seats with table and screen in armrest.
I'm just under 6ft and 75kg, so not huge, but I'd love to hear from anyone else who has sat in these seats with comments. Seat Guru warns caution but says "good seat". Cheers,
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT

There is a significant cut-out/indent toward the base of the bulkhead in front of your seat. At 182cm or thereabouts you should be fine.

Note Qantas are adding PE to thir 2 class 744 over the next months and row 26 on these aircraft will bw no more.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ng-config.html
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Welcome to FT

There is a significant cut-out/indent toward the base of the bulkhead in front of your seat. At 182cm or thereabouts you should be fine.

Note Qantas are adding PE to thir 2 class 744 over the next months and row 26 on these aircraft will bw no more.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ng-config.html
Many thanks. So you think this seat is at least worth a "test"? ..not annoyingly narrow either? I have been bumped to row 34 PE (bulkhead) a few times now on 4-class Europe flights and I've actually been annoyed by the proximity of the bulkhead (although 34PE on 4-class doesn't have a cut-out due to toilets and kitchen in front) when trying to sleep. Thaks again....it's about time they added PE to the 2-class flights...I have done Frankfurt quite a lot and often wondered why they havent added PE.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:51 pm

Hi, thanks for this. I posted a quick reply but I think moderators are checking it? Im not sure of the rules. It sounds like you think 26K is at least worth my trying....I gather you havent found the reduced width too annoying?
I have quite often flown the Frankfurt route (in the twin seats at the back) but wondered why they didnt introduce PE. It will be welcome.
One other query....I know seats 80A/K are good on the A380 but I have a couple A380 flights coming up and these seats are taken on one flight. For someone who likes the window is there any specially good option?....Im thinking I'll just sit a couple rows back up the front of Y to beat the immigration queue.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
2A vs 4A - or any other F seat

Hi All,

flying QF F for first time in March next year.

1A and K are blocked (or not available on the seatmap) and currently got 2A.

was just wondering wether 3A or 4A are better to go for (travelling alone)? I do like the sound of the extra storage that 4A has.

thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by kudublesbok
...It sounds like you think 26K is at least worth my trying....I gather you havent found the reduced width too annoying?...
The curtained-off quiet mini-cabin with its own toilets is also a big plus. Used to often travel in 26A/26K and never found the width a problem, unless a really big guy was placed in the centre seat. The windows beside 26A/26K are nicely placed to wedge the pillow against, allowing a very comfortable night's sleep in these seats. Can highly recommend these seats - grab them while they are still available.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by grov
The curtained-off quiet mini-cabin with its own toilets is also a big plus. Used to often travel in 26A/26K and never found the width a problem ...
Shame this region will be PE in the imminent future.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 9:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by chris1979
Hi All,

was just wondering wether 3A or 4A are better to go for (travelling alone)? I do like the sound of the extra storage that 4A has.

thanks.
Choose 3A or 3K if alone. 1A / K are space constricted and have no overhead storage and people accessing the cupboard (sometimes for bag storage - if the FAs allow it ). But if no bags, 1A/K are great as you can feel more isolated from the riff-raff in the back of the F cabin. 4A/K might get galley noise and have proportionally more passing traffic - but have the extra space next to you. 2 A/K are too close to the centre 2 seats.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
A380 / 4-class / Y / 80JK

80K is as good a coach seat as there is on any plane, of course: infinite legroom, not difficult to get out without disturbing row 79, not technically an exit row (and therefore no charge and reservable at booking by an AA Sapphire like me), and the ability to store my stuff at my feet during flight without any risk of it being trampled on.

However, for a couple, I wouldn't fly 80JK; 80J is a below average seat, one of the few times my very short wife has been uncomfortable in an economy seat. (She can be reasonably comfortable in pretty much anything.) The housing for the entertainment system in 79J makes for very limited space under that seat either for belongings or feet. The immovable armrest between 89J and K is also a considerable drawback.

The light from the galley was also mildly bothersome when trying to sleep as passengers kept opening the curtain without closing it behind them.

All things considered, for a couple, I'd probably just take a regular pair anywhere in the middle of the coach cabin over 80JK.

(For a single traveler, I'd still take 80K in a heartbeat.)
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS & Aeroplan Red, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honours, Hertz Gold, GHA Discovery Platinum
Just flown QF30 23K LHR HKG (I've blagged F being used as J both times I've done this flight previously) and I can't believe how poor the stowage is on the Skybed I - it's a good job they are replacing them. Nowhere to put anything, can't stow a laptop or a (thick) book sensibly. The bed itself was fine, got about 5 hours kip ahead of going straight into the office in HK - but I had to juggle all my bits and pieces. BA J and CX J have way more stowage.

Or did I miss a hidden compartment?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by steve_w
Just flown QF30 23K LHR HKG (I've blagged F being used as J both times I've done this flight previously) and I can't believe how poor the stowage is on the Skybed I - it's a good job they are replacing them. Nowhere to put anything, can't stow a laptop or a (thick) book sensibly. The bed itself was fine, got about 5 hours kip ahead of going straight into the office in HK - but I had to juggle all my bits and pieces. BA J and CX J have way more stowage.

Or did I miss a hidden compartment?
I've only flown Skybed I at the bulkhead, i.e. I don't get a compartment in the "hump" of the seat in front of me to put stuff.

Can't say about stowage space but CX J you would be lucky to find a place to put a laptop around where you are if you can manoeuvre successfully in the "coffin".

Couldn't you put some what not in the literature pocket? Maybe not a laptop...
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: QF(WP), Velocity Gold, SPG, PC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by chris1979
Hi All,

thanks.
Hi Chris,

My partner and I are flying LHR-HKG in July next year in F classic seat rewards and have got 2A/3A atm. Agent said 1A/1K were blocked - but no one is presently shown as seeted there - she said its common for them to leave 1A/1K blocked in case a full fare F wants them - but that they its equally common for them to come available a week or so out if no-one has slipped in.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: QF(WP), Velocity Gold, SPG, PC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Smile

My partner and I are in 11A and 11B on the A380 Syd-Sin (QF31) in May next year. We chose these two as they are on the opposite side to the lounge - so as to avoid disturbance from users of the "couch".

Any feedback on 11A/11B would be appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.