Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
Hi Ozstamps and all.
I have just confirmed I will be in SYD from the Friday midday, so would love to attend some of Ozfest 2.
I am QF Platinum.
Sat TT would like to go on the waitlist
Sat QP will be able to attend
Sun BM would like to go on the waitlist for Blue Mountains tour

You have my cc from the Hilton Premium Club matter.

Hope Fargo treated you well.

Regards, John.
Oh look it's a new user.. welcome to FT
Old May 18, 2005, 7:43 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Hi d00t,
Hope you are well.
Smile thingys back to you.
John.
Old May 19, 2005, 3:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I'm ready to have my name moved from the "definite maybe" list to the confirmed list. I'll definitely be attending the tarmac tour, Saturday lunch, and QP drinkies, and I'm a possible for Friday dinner as well. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Steve
Old May 20, 2005, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Has anyone heard anything yet for payment and final arrangements for this coming Friday/Saturday etc...?
Old May 20, 2005, 9:33 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
My recollection (according to the main thread over in Community Buzz); is that Glen and Lynn are probably preparing to fly back from the wild prairie's of South Dakota this weekend. See also the postings on that thread today about the same question. So hang on and I'm sure he will be in contact
Old May 21, 2005, 1:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QF WP
My recollection (according to the main thread over in Community Buzz); is that Glen and Lynn are probably preparing to fly back from the wild prairie's of South Dakota this weekend. See also the postings on that thread today about the same question. So hang on and I'm sure he will be in contact
Thanks. Because of the e-mail problems I had before I am just perinoid about not getting the msg.
Old May 21, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by newcx12345
perinoid
....is that anything like paraniod ???

Last edited by QF WP; May 21, 2005 at 5:17 am Reason: correcting URL
Old May 21, 2005, 5:26 am
Suspended

....is that anything like paraniod ???
HAHAHAHAHa
Sorry typing Error
Old May 21, 2005, 5:33 am

Now that I have just watched the Waratahs beat the Bulls 23-13; I want to put on notice that Saturday's events should include access to the Final being played in CHC. I'm sure I won't be alone in my rooting for the 'tahs but I know that there'll be at least one FT'er (Kiwi Flyer) with at least some passing interest in the result.
Old May 21, 2005, 5:38 am
Suspended

Now that I have just watched the Waratahs beat the Bulls 23-13; I want to put on notice that Saturday's events should include access to the Final being played in CHC. I'm sure I won't be alone in my rooting for the 'tahs but I know that there'll be at least one FT'er (Kiwi Flyer) with at least some passing interest in the result.
What are the WAratahs?? Anything to do with the Caffine Tablets?
Old May 22, 2005, 12:27 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
As QF WP has outlined, a far more controlled "paging" system will be in place this time, and we are sweet. He has kindly offered to co-ordinate this from outside the QP.

I will definitely be there for Saturday afternoon. Meeting point and time (about 2.30pm)? Who/what should I be looking for?

Still a QPP.
Old May 22, 2005, 3:00 am

Changed to definite

Count me in as definite for all events [from definite maybe]. I am in MEL and hoping to get to Ayers Rock next.

I look forward to meeting you all.
Old May 22, 2005, 3:13 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Unhappy

Count me in as definitely not for the weekend (from definite maybe).

Unfortunately my wife is still recovering from a trip (fall) and still needs babysitting.

I hope you all have a really great time and that the QP brings in enough extra stock. ^
Old May 22, 2005, 11:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
7:30pm in CHC = 5:30pm in SYD. QF WP - YHPM
Old May 23, 2005, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Just back today from 10 days in the Dakotas, Montana, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, with no email access. So a lot of reading and adjusting to do here.

Firstly, thanks to serfty and tinkybelle for stepping into the breach and organising the Blue Fish Restaurant in Darling Harbour for Friday night dinner, and for all other input. Even better to learn Ros and Ross (no typo!) have some Ent. Books 50% off vouchers for Blue Fish, as we used all mine last year! If anyone else reading this has Blue Fish vouchers please contact either Ros or Ross or I to let us know you have them, and bring them along. It will cut down costs for sure. ^

That place seems to be a popular choice, and KathyWdrf was there last year and seems to like the choice, so we are all set to go on that venue, and I'll now adjust the post #1 detail for Friday. Best of all, I recalled from last year they are a "BYO" place. I just phoned them - for a $A4 a a head corkage cost you can bring whatever you prefer to drink. There is a bottle shop we walk past on the way there, so anyone can grab a wine on our way here. So Ros can drink her favourite French Champagne, and indeed all can tote along what they ideally prefer to drink, rather than pay $35-40 a bottle for the usual bunch of unknown trendy wines these places offer!

Blue Fish is right on the waterfront at Darling Harbour. A few minutes walk from Four Points. Tonight's TV says next Friday will be a sunny 21ºC (70ºF) during the day, but being near Winter, a lot cooler in the evening.

I asked Randy and later his secretary a while back whether we might again be offered some goodies for the event to raffle off for attendees on Saturday sometime, and she has just replied, so hope they can be overnight Fedexed to Kathy or Punki or someone leaving the USA Thursday or Friday.

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; May 23, 2005 at 3:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.