Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle

getting back ON THREAD TOPIC>

has anyone else got some coupons for dinner Friday or I fear we will not have enough . BTW glen I have 2 more people for tomorrow night.
Nah, we'll as always on FT - be FINE!

You have 4, Corbetti has mailed me 3, KPC liberated 2 last night when he "broke into" a friends home and raided her 2 Ent Books, Serfty has 1, and QF WP has 2. That is our 24 folks covered before I even open my books.

That's assuming no one else has any.

At $35 a coupon that is well over $400 saved right there via our Community efforts on these. Amazing things those books.

Last edited by ozstamps; May 26, 2005 at 4:35 pm
Old May 26, 2005, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BEGGING POST

- I bought a box of 50 of those clear Exhibition delegate type deals you clip on with a name tag on them when we had numbers at 40, thinking that would easily suffice.

With 55 coming so far I need a few more, and did not want to squander another $18 of my hard earned on another box I largely do not need, so if anyone has a dozen or so spares in an office cabinet somewhere they can bring along I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I had some pretty unique looking plane design "Oz Fest" name tags produced in the USA actually. Full colour, and there are also Fridge magnets to match.
Old May 26, 2005, 2:30 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
I have 5 from my personal collection Glen. You're more than welcome to them. Are we going to have our real names on them or our Flyertalk name?

Oh & I don't have a coupon for that restaurant in my Ent book. It's the Parramatta version.

Alison
Old May 26, 2005, 2:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ozstamps
The above isn't Football.

FOOTBALL is what is broadcast live from 7.30pm Saturday, and involves fit athletic chaps in red and white AFL guernseys.

Ahhh, a fellow Swans supporter.

I support three teams:
  • Swans
  • Whoever is playing Carlton
  • Whoever is playing Collingwood

BTW, you have email from me re: only ever being a definite maybe for the QP session. I will be flying CBR-SYD that afternoon, but the time is flexible depending upon how long it takes to do what I have to do.

Email is thadocta AT westnet DOT com DOT au

Dave
Old May 26, 2005, 2:48 am

Just had my transport for Saturday taken away. Is anyone going to the Sat lunch who lives North side and can accomodate one extra in their car???

Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2005, 3:40 am

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
I just found out there are no airport trains this weekend either. Buses are replacing them due to trackwork. Ack!! This means one has to leave home at least 30 mins earlier than one planned. Either that, or pay copious $$$ for parking one's little car.
Old May 26, 2005, 3:54 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by goosegreen
I just found out there are no airport trains this weekend either. Buses are replacing them due to trackwork. Ack!! This means one has to leave home at least 30 mins earlier than one planned. Either that, or pay copious $$$ for parking one's little car.
This just sucks...there goes my plans to catch the train
http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/track...2829-OpCBD.jsp

Parking options are:
1) http://www.airwise.com/airports/apac...ark_costs.html
2) http://www.parknfly.com.au/parknfly/home.asp

Option no: 2 @$14 seems the cheapest

This free boozeup at the QP is not so free after all...in fact, now that I'm driving, I can't drink much at all
Old May 26, 2005, 4:03 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
No trains
I have been battling a cold all week that I just can't get rid off. Originally I was going to fly Friday afternoon but have put that back to Saturday morning. So no Friday Blue Fish for me. Also saves Tinkybelle needing an extra 1/2 a coupon.

Yes I had hoped to shake it but the sore throat went and now stuck with a head cold.

Last edited by Bundy Bear; May 26, 2005 at 7:17 am
Old May 26, 2005, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If airport trains are not running but have been replaced by b*ses, what is wrong with taking those b*ses? I must be missing something?

http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/track...us.jsp#airport

----------------------

Last edited by ozstamps; May 26, 2005 at 6:51 am
Old May 26, 2005, 4:25 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Buses suck, did Qantas put them up to it.
Old May 26, 2005, 4:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Eeeeek, the b*s word.

Seriously though, every time I have had to get out to YSSY when there has been trackwork, the buses have been free. No ticket checks, and they certainly cannot charge the station access fee, since you will not be accessing the station.

Dave
Old May 26, 2005, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ozstamps
If airport trains are not running but have been replaced by buses, what is wrong with taking those buses? I must be missing something?

http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au/track...us.jsp#airport
Sydney b*ses really suck! Used a coule last year to get from Bright to NRL grand final. Full of Bulldogs supporters on way there, almsot empty on the way back, except for acouple of Roosters supports.

yeuchhh!

At least I'll be able to use train Friday PM (anyone out of Internation Terminal 2pm Tomorrow?)

BTW: Hawthorn, Storm, and any Oz super 12 side, except for %**$%$ Perth!

Among other games this year, I have been to Storm v Bulldogs, Hawthorn v Lions, Blues v Reds!
Old May 26, 2005, 6:46 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by serfty
At least I'll be able to use train Friday PM (anyone out of Internation Terminal 2pm Tomorrow?)
1. Hi Ross,
I am in on QF 176 at about 09:00, so will be well away by the arvo.

2. Re:no trains. As Thadocta says above, trains are best when they are working. However, just allow an extra 30mins or so for the b*s to central. I have never had my ticket checked, so you are not up for 2 gate fees ($10 - $12 or so..Don't know, as I always buy a weekly).

For those wanting to enjoy the QP, I strongly recommend leaving the car at home, and maybe sharing cabs or bussing back into town. ( Just watch out for those tipsy FT'ers pouring out of FT corner around 17:30).

Welcome to SYD all those flying in. John.
Old May 26, 2005, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
I reckon sharing cabs is the best. From the airport to the city is around 25.00 and if you get those Maxi Taxi around 8 can fit in and it is aroun 3-4AUD per person. Also safer than driving after the QP!
Old May 26, 2005, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Don't keep mentioning the B*S!

Yes folks remember that most of us are cabbing it from 4 Points to It'l - which I guess will work out at about $5 a head.

So walk from Central to 4 Points, and hook up with the FT'ers there about 10.40am, and at 4 a cab cost is cheaper than airport parking and you can't get breathalysed in a cab.

Ditto coming back - we'll leave QP when folks get sick of drinking in 4s, and split cabs - far cheaper than train or even those airport shuttles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.