Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StevePER

You can add me as a probable maybe for the tarmac tour, Saturday lunch, and QP. I'll be flying home on Saturday arvo so QP access is not a problem and I'll be able to take in a guest if required.

Cheers,
Steve
Great to hear StevePER!

Can you or others please EMAIL me as, I need to keep all attendees in one folder. - ozstamps at bigpond.net.au

Also there are strict security requirements for TT so I need full names for a check-list I am required to have with me in case Police or security need to view it etc.

For the Tarmac Tour the written letter confirming our booking this week says in a large box:

Note : for security seasons, you must bring with you a full list of passenger names. All adults must provide Photo ID for a security log. (Drivers License, Passport, RTA Proof of Age card etc.)

So they appear to be dead serious about this. SYD is about the only major airport on earth that allows a van of tourists to wander about for 2 hours airside within the airport confines, so I am sure they do check these ID's pretty carefully. Across runways, past control towers, secure areas and maintenance areas. For those signed up (35 of us!) PLEASE be most mindful to bring the ID they ask for with you Saturday.

If the Federal Police/security or the TT company needs to inspect ID and you have forgotten same, it is your responsibility entirely if you are refused access to the tour. And it will doubtless hold the rest of us for a half hour whilst they discuss it.

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; May 10, 2005 at 8:29 pm
Old May 10, 2005, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Would anyone who has FT PM enabled (I hate it!) please PM newcx12345

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/member.php?userid=38359

And please ask David to contact me URGENTLY. He is not responsing to direct emails about he and his friends for Sat, and I need to book things today. Maybe he has a different address for FT he will clear, or see a PM.

Thanks Glen
Old May 11, 2005, 7:19 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Just about to book some flights from BNE for the saturday.. anyone else doing the bne-syd run for the day? I can try and match (if you post fast!)

Now booked on 503 from BNE and 548 back that evening. All your upgrades are belong to me!

Last edited by d00t; May 11, 2005 at 9:10 pm Reason: adding flight info
Old May 12, 2005, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Would anyone who has FT PM enabled (I hate it!) please PM newcx12345

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/member.php?userid=38359

And please ask David to contact me URGENTLY. He is not responsing to direct emails about he and his friends for Sat, and I need to book things today. Maybe he has a different address for FT he will clear, or see a PM.

Thanks Glen
Hi Glen,

Unfortuantely I did not get your e-mail. I will send you an e-mail right away.

Sorry for the trouble caused.
Old May 12, 2005, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Hi Glen,

Unfortunately I did not get your e-mail. I will send you an e-mail right away.

ISP ozemail IME is very reliable. I've used it for 8 years. I still do not have your responses for you and 2 friends to what I sent you in past 3 emails.

Can you PLEEEEEEEEEZ get back to me, as I get on a plane to Fargo ND later today, and your lack of responses to those emails has caused scheduling headaches to put it mildly, and I'd like to update the venues, and the list.

Glen
Old May 12, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newcx12345
Hi Glen,

Unfortuantely I did not get your e-mail. I will send you an e-mail right away.

If you use hotmail like I did, you may find Glen's email in your junk folder (grrr....)
Old May 12, 2005, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite

If you use hotmail like I did, you may find Glen's email in your junk folder (grrr....)
Bring on the one liners ....

Well strange as it may seem, the 60 or so others on the list, spread all over the globe never seem to have a problem getting them.

Of course hotmail is so 1990s ... would you like a free google GMail account? @:-)
Old May 12, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

Well strange as it may seem, the 60 or so others on the list, spread all over the globe never seem to have a problem getting them.

Of course hotmail is so 1990s ... would you like a free google GMail account? @:-)

oh, but your emails were in there in such esteemed company.
Old May 13, 2005, 1:08 am
Suspended

I have replied via my yahoo e-mail account.

Ozemail is fine but I am using the mymail client which is terrible!

Once again sorry for the delay caused.
Old May 13, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
as I get on a plane to Fargo ND later today, and your lack of responses to those emails has caused scheduling headaches to put it mildly, and I'd like to update the venues, and the list.

Glen
So you have gone Far today. lol
Old May 13, 2005, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Umm... actually most of your emails arrived in my spam folder too ( and I dont use hotmail ) . The most recent one was probably due to the large list of recipients.... BCC is a wonderful facility in emails to help avoid this

Luckily I pop onto the server once in a while to check for genuine mails there

Dave
Old May 15, 2005, 1:17 am
Suspended

I've jsut find out that in the mymail client they jsut initiated a Spam protection and it AUTOMATICALLY "DELETES" Spam e-mails. I think that is why I didn't get the e-mail form Ozstamp.
Old May 16, 2005, 8:10 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Exclamation

Relates to the topic to a certain extent...

Hi all, just to let you know that Airside Tarmac Tours was informed on Friday 13th May 2005 by a SACL representative that our passengers are no longer allowed to bring cameras or video recorders on any of our tours from here on in.
Source: Sydney Airport Message Board

Luckily OzFest is coming up soon. Now that cameras will be banned I think this will impact greatly on the Airside Tarmac Tour business. Many have said that without being able to take pics they will not go on the tour.

I hope stupid SACL backs down on their decision..........

I was hoping to come to SYD during OZFest as I have just turned 18 (today) and have freedom (finally) but due to damn uni. work will have to wait till early June. Maybe next year....

Cheers
David
Old May 16, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by QF NB
Relates to the topic to a certain extent...

Source: Sydney Airport Message Board

Luckily OzFest is coming up soon. Now that cameras will be banned I think this will impact greatly on the Airside Tarmac Tour business. Many have said that without being able to take pics they will not go on the tour.

I hope stupid SACL backs down on their decision..........

I was hoping to come to SYD during OZFest as I have just turned 18 (today) and have freedom (finally) but due to damn uni. work will have to wait till early June. Maybe next year....

Cheers
David

interesting move...

Theres still room if u want to go down just for the day dude..cheap flights with U availabiltiy too ^
Old May 18, 2005, 8:03 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Can attend some events

Hi Ozstamps and all.
I have just confirmed I will be in SYD from the Friday midday, so would love to attend some of Ozfest 2.
I am QF Platinum.
Sat TT would like to go on the waitlist
Sat QP will be able to attend
Sun BM would like to go on the waitlist for Blue Mountains tour

You have my cc from the Hilton Premium Club matter.

Hope Fargo treated you well.

Regards, John.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.