Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
Originally Posted by Chalkie
I flew JQ MEL-NTL-MEL on a Starter Max fare (so eligible) exactly one month ago, but no points credited to QF yet! I've put in a claim via QF.
Mine finally credited one month and one day after the flights!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by igel
But then I checked the status credit counter for the loyalty bonus.
It looks like manual crediting of JQ flights somehow do not automatically also clock up the SC counter for the loyalty bonus.
So another round of emails again to QF frequent flyer service desk.
You all might want to also check your SC counter for the loyalty bonus after your JQ flights have been posted.
It is nothing to do with whether they are posted automatically or manually - the web page for some reason is not displaying the total with Jetstar SC included.

I have heard from people that they still get the loyalty bonus at the correct time, so it may just be a display problem.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
Only ever travel JQ with a bundle that includes points/SC, and have same problems as above....flights entered into my QFF account with 0 points/SCs, or not at all, so either way requiring follow-up.

Sorry if this is unacceptable thread drift, but another gripe I have about the QF/JQ relationship (a marriage of inconvenience to passengers it seems) is priority check-in. As a WP, I genuinely didn't know if, when ticketed JQ economy, I was eligible to check-in at the business counter or not. Amazed to find that when I asked the supervisor on duty at the JQ check-in at SYD, he expressed some frustration and said, "Well, I have been trying to find out the answer to that question myself from both JQ and QF for quite a long time, and noone seems to know.....so yeah, just hop into the business class line". So not a good look that either a JQ supervisor doesn't know the rules, or that people even more senior in both QF and JQ can't give an answer.
KiwiSurfer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Interlude
Sorry if this is unacceptable thread drift, but another gripe I have about the QF/JQ relationship (a marriage of inconvenience to passengers it seems) is priority check-in. As a WP, I genuinely didn't know if, when ticketed JQ economy, I was eligible to check-in at the business counter or not. ...
It goes way back to the introduction of StarClass, but AFAIK, ONLY CL have had that privilege when traveling on JetStar.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 17, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
My last few JQ flights have taken 24 days and 28 days to credit to QFF. The 3K flights are crediting within a day or 2.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
My most recent flight did not credit, I think I stuffed up with the retro claim too ... as I put in the flight departure date as originally booked date, but flight was delayed (via reschedule, not just rolling delay) such that it departed on next calendar day. This is message I got:
UNSUCCESSFUL - PLS CHECK FLT DETAILS JQ 008 ERR 29MAR18 SIN/MEL
Will have to go back and resubmit for 30MAR which is when flight actually departed. Should have known better!
Old May 3, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by perthite
It is nothing to do with whether they are posted automatically or manually - the web page for some reason is not displaying the total with Jetstar SC included.

I have heard from people that they still get the loyalty bonus at the correct time, so it may just be a display problem.
Now the SC counter for loyalty bonus is displaying correctly for me, after the maintenance of the QFF website yesterday.
The SCs from the Jetstar flights (3K and JQ) are all accounted for.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My JQ flight from OOL-PER on 27 March finally credited today, 8 weeks after the journey.

I made a missing points claim and sent a follow up email when I heard nothing 28 days later, which was not responded to. I don't think these actions made any difference as 8 weeks seems standard at the moment from what I'm reading here and on AFF.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Yep JQ NZ seem to be the culprit. Last year they would usually credit within 14 days then early this year it moved out to about a month, and now it seems to be basically never unless you claim manually and beg QF for your points.

As an aside - is anyone else noticing really variable times with QF point and SC’s posting? I took two TT and two domestic flights recently with the dom flights posting immediately, 1 TT taking 2-3 days and the other hasn’t posted yet. My previous experiences are all flights posting within a few hours of landing.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:53 am
Suspended

had similar issue getting my Qantas points from FJ flights. Had to email about a dozen times.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
My intra-NZ JQ flight in December never got QFF credit, after I claimed missing miles. The flight appeared for some months in my QFF activity, with 0 credited miles, but now that activity disappeared altogether.

Exactly a week ago I flew another intra-NZ JQ flight. When I purchased the ticket I specifically quoted my QFF number in the field provided. I saw my QFF number on my boarding pass. But nothing has showed up in my QFF account. Nada.

What's going on?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FGunawan
My intra-NZ JQ flight in December never got QFF credit, after I claimed missing miles. The flight appeared for some months in my QFF activity, with 0 credited miles, but now that activity disappeared altogether.

Exactly a week ago I flew another intra-NZ JQ flight. When I purchased the ticket I specifically quoted my QFF number in the field provided. I saw my QFF number on my boarding pass. But nothing has showed up in my QFF account. Nada.

What's going on?
Crediting JQ flights to the QF ffp has fallen in a large hole in the last few months. Before that it was always in a few days.
This will be a financial advantage to JQ as they are not paying QF to buy QF points. Even though ultimately its same bucket of money.

For JQ NZ domestic flights you should always get QF points if your QF ffn is in the reservation.
Send an email with flight details, e-ticket pdf, boarding pass scans to [email protected] Ask for the QF points in 10 working days.

Unfortunately as this is for a NZ domestic flight you (probably) cannot lodge a claim with the Australian Airline Customer Advocate . [But lodge a claim anyway to make an official record for JQ-QF failure]. Every Au JQ customer should be doing that when QF sc/points do not post for eligible JQ Aust flights.
kennycbr and paolo64 like this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 19, 2018 at 12:28 am
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FGunawan

What's going on?
don't think you get QF ff pts on all JQ fares, esp not cheap ones.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by southpac
Reference post 41. For all JQ NZ domestic flight you get QF points. But only SC's if you buy a bundle.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by southpac
Before December 2017, I always got 400 QFF miles for intra NZ JQ flights. Last time it went smoothly was October. Things seemed to change sometime late last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.