Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas utterly hopeless at crediting JQ flight points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Still waiting for the miles for the JQ flight I took from WLG to ZQN Jun 12... I expect I need to file a missing miles report soon.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FGunawan
Still waiting for the miles for the JQ flight I took from WLG to ZQN Jun 12... I expect I need to file a missing miles report soon.
Don't wait. Just put in a claim
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...ng-points.html
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Based on my recent experience, putting in a claim won't make a difference. All my recent JQ flights are posting pretty much exactly 8 weeks after travel, regardless of when I put in the missing points claim. Just today I got my points at SCs for my JQ flights on 26 and 27 April.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF WP
Recent data point:

flew 5 JQ flights all with starter max bundle 3rd August- 12th August

none credited automatically

put in claims for missing SC etc as soon as able (so not yet for the 12/08)

nothing yet- will keep you posted

as an aside- my membership year is up at the end of September and these SCs will get me over the line for gold- if they’re significantly delayed posting can I still get my gold or do I have to wait until next year?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They will count as per the date flown regardless of date of credit

If that meets the requirement for a higher status, you will be able to get the higher status regardless of date that they do post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

If that meets the requirement for a higher status, you will be able to get the higher status regardless of date that they do post
thanks Dave, much appreciate the reassurance
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:02 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

That's fine, but if JQ / QF are still dragging their feet and not processing the SCs, there is still the potential gap when status should be available but may not be visible in the system - and the OP is out of luck if they need that status.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og
That's fine, but if JQ / QF are still dragging their feet and not processing the SCs, there is still the potential gap when status should be available but may not be visible in the system - and the OP is out of luck if they need that status.
The membership year doesn't end until end of September

status should be available from the time the flights post - as long as it posts by end of membership year, the member will still get a full year's membership
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:11 am

It’s taking longer and longer for JQ flights to credit. My last was July 18th, still nothing. Also, it has taken Qantas more than 3 months to refund points and taxes for a cancelled points ticket ( QF J). I’ve called twice and emailed twice, but nothing. Qantas is fine when things go well, and it’s an enjoyable experience.... but the service is rock-bottom when a problem happens, far worse than my other airline choices.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paolo64
..Also, it has taken Qantas more than 3 months to refund points and taxes for a cancelled points ticket ( QF J). I’ve called twice and emailed twice, but nothing..
Time to go to the airline advocate--> lodge complaint. They do respond.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Qantas
I've had the opposite experience when I had to cancel my first class trip to the US a week and a half ago. Points were back in my account when I basically got off the phone and refund to my AMEX was the next day.

Regards,

Michael
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Volvo Mike
I've had the opposite experience when I had to cancel my first class trip to the US a week and a half ago. Points were back in my account when I basically got off the phone and refund to my AMEX was the next day.

Regards,

Michael
Yes, that can happen if the ticket is issued in Australia; it can be very quick. In my case it was a ticket from Hong Kong , and the refund has to be processed from that office ( and it seems they are hopeless/clueless).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants
Recent data point:

flew 5 JQ flights all with starter max bundle 3rd August- 12th August

none credited automatically

put in claims for missing SC etc as soon as able (so not yet for the 12/08)

nothing yet- will keep you posted

as an aside- my membership year is up at the end of September and these SCs will get me over the line for gold- if they’re significantly delayed posting can I still get my gold or do I have to wait until next year?

21+ days past and still no joy

Manual claim submitted to [email protected] this morning

will keep you posted

(as an aside, my Airnorth flights all successfully credited within 24 hours last week so seems like poor form within Qantas group!!)
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
It's pathetic.

Checkout the posting date:Sat 18 Aug 2018JQ 0480 ECONOMY/ 25-JUN-2018 NEWCASTLE/BRISBANE -80010
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:38 pm

The membership year doesn't end until end of September

status should be available from the time the flights post - as long as it posts by end of membership year, the member will still get a full year's membership
Yes, well I will requalify for PLT with a JQ flight right at the end of my membership year. I wouldn’t fancy my chances if I rock up to a Qantas F lounge with an expired card, seeking admittance when traveling in Y. At the current rate it can take 2 months for these flights to credit. A total, absolute farce .
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.