Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Originally Posted by eminere
The SC earn rate on partner airline flights between Australia and Southeast Asia has been halved. Looks like my upcoming BA flights in April will be the last to earn at the existing rate. What a bummer.
I find it particularly interesting that SC earn on partner airlines has been halved for East Coast Australia, but West Coast to HKG / Malaysia remain close to current rates. Curious given QF are terminating their services out of PER.

What's more bizarre is it means someone travelling PER-HKG on CX will earn more SCs for a shorter flight than someone travelling SYD-HKG on CX on the same fare basis.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
The whole change seems ill thought out, although I'm even more annoyed at their choice of language.

At the end of the day, I've stopped crediting to QFF so this is in reality unlikely to affect me, although it would have been nice to continue to take advantage of a MASA which also have been terminated.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Overall, it appears to me that if your travelling is predominantly on non-QF/JQ carriers, you will be better of crediting to another programme if you are keen on status.

It appears that changes to points earnings on partner airlines are still to be announced, based on the comments on the partner airlines SC earnings page:

I can't find any references to SC/points earnings on EK. Partner Airlines only refers to OW carriers, plus Fiji Airways. I probably have paid insufficient attention to it, but can you see anything?
Thanks LTN Phobia, I'd missed that little note. It will be interesting to see the detail on this as and when it's released, particularly if MH and QR flight earnings are aligned with other partners, or if they continue to significantly reduce earning on flights deemed to compete with EK routes.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Another step closer to QF withdrawing from OW.

More to the point, it shows QF has given up on competing with partners such as CX on HKG-SYD. QF know they have a substandard product and just can't figure out how to meet the competition.

Last edited by og; Mar 27, 2014 at 5:22 am
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by og
Another step closer to QF withdrawing from OW.
My feeling too. It really is a death of 1000 cuts though.

For those of you reading this thread who are affected by the changes, do make sure you write into QF and state your dissatisfaction. I would also encourage those who are able to sign up to AA, CX or BA's programmes and credit to those instead should you still need to fly QF domestically.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:20 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I can't find any references to SC/points earnings on EK. Partner Airlines only refers to OW carriers, plus Fiji Airways. I probably have paid insufficient attention to it, but can you see anything?
I would imagine it will continue to be no SC earn on EK marketed flights, and the Qantas table will apply for QF marketed EK operated flights.

Points earn for all other carriers including EK to follow.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
My feeling too. It really is a death of 1000 cuts though.

For those of you reading this thread who are affected by the changes, do make sure you write into QF and state your dissatisfaction. I would also encourage those who are able to sign up to AA, CX or BA's programmes and credit to those instead should you still need to fly QF domestically.
Or better still, don't support Qantas. If Qantas was to lose money due to the change then it may figure it made a mistake. If all that happens is that some people whine about it but continue to fly on Qantas, then those deciding on the changes will likely be quite happy
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Oh man.

Needs to evaluate my stuff.

seems to me that partner flights originating or terminating from Asia isn't affected.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Or better still, don't support Qantas. If Qantas was to lose money due to the change then it may figure it made a mistake. If all that happens is that some people whine about it but continue to fly on Qantas, then those deciding on the changes will likely be quite happy
We are on the same page, and have been for a long time. I've left the programme after making LTG. Sadly I still have a few hundred thousand points left to spend, so I continue to keep an eye on things.

Life is definitely greener on the other side.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
So should one assume that DFW is now on the West coast of the USA?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:54 am

Maybe the EK agreements run deeper than we think, Qantas could just be the puppet who's strings are pulled elsewhere.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:00 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by wallaby
So should one assume that DFW is now on the West coast of the USA?
It looks like the Points and SC earnings tables were drafted on the back of an envelope by someone in a pub on Friday night. There was probably every intent on taking it into the office and making it into something logical and understandable, but it fell into the hands of the web people and they took it from there. Even the quality of the text looks second rate (at least on my iPad).
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by og
It looks like the Points and SC earnings tables were drafted on the back of an envelope by someone in a pub on Friday night. There was probably every intent on taking it into the office and making it into something logical and understandable, but it fell into the hands of the web people and they took it from there. Even the quality of the text looks second rate (at least on my iPad).
The whole of AJ's strategy looks like it was designed in the pub.

In respect to the text, don't worry, it looks as bad in other browsers as it does on your iPad. Overall this appears to be rushed.

Are they deliberately trying to alienate as many as possible and also change the QF Sale Act so that QF can actually properly fall in the hands of someone else? Whilst I am not necessarily against this happening, I would also have thought that doing so in a position of power was more rational than doing it from a position of weakness.

Thankfully I no longer own QF shares except those contained within my super funds.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Wow. Just wow!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by RichardMEL

the laughable part is the headline says "... simpler ... fairer "
hilariously WRONG from the following pages of tables, confusing stuff to non airline geeks (eg: classes), exceptions to flights, partners.. oh my God there's nothing simpler about it at all..
It takes on the sad current reality of public discourse - if you say it enough, it must be true!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.