Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by bhoyinoz
It would be good if they updated the points calculator to let us know how many Pts/SCs we get from SYD/DOH,or have I missed it?
I did this in March. 80SC and 7,400 points. This was in QR I, not R class.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Technically, QR R fares should earn the usual business points and SCs given that BA/AA/CX had all done so.

it's just a matter of when.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tycosiao
Has QF published the earn rate for QR R fares?
QF has published which booking classes are eligible for earning miles and status credits ; R is not listed as being eligible for any mileage earning when credited to QFF

Technically, QR R fares should earn the usual business points and SCs given that BA/AA/CX had all done so.
Technically, they should earn according to the published tables. Unless QF chooses to update its earning tables to include R class, then they should earn zero
Old May 2, 2016, 8:59 pm

Has QF published the earn rate for QR R fares?

Are you answering your own question?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
My question was answered by a poster above who provided a link to the partners earning chart and QR R fares are nowhere to be seen.

The other 1W carriers i posted revised their chart as late as 1 may to reflect that QR R fares earn the usual business rates.

However, this isn't the case with QF which means, I can be expecting 0 points and 0 SCs if I were to credit the R flights in.

Now, the question is when QF will revise the earning chart as they should be following the heed of the others 1W carriers however, when nothing is placed onto paper, what I have said here is still speculation.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:25 pm

My question was answered by a poster above who provided a link to the partners earning chart and QR R fares are nowhere to be seen.
Yes. That poster was me.

The other 1W carriers i posted revised their chart as late as 1 may to reflect that QR R fares earn the usual business rates.

However, this isn't the case with QF which means, I can be expecting 0 points and 0 SCs if I were to credit the R flights in.

Now, the question is when QF will revise the earning chart as they should be following the heed of the others 1W carriers however, when nothing is placed onto paper, what I have said here is still speculation.
It is all well and nice to speculate, as you say, but until QF updates its earning tables flights booked into R class will credit zero points and status credits to QF. If you have such flights planned you're better off crediting them to a programme that will earn. Whether or not they "should" earn with QF just because they do with BA, AA and CX is quite irrelevant.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:29 pm

Each scheme is different. Different things credit differently to different schemes

That another scheme or schemes provide for credit , does not mean that QF should
Old May 2, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eminere
It is all well and nice to speculate, as you say, but until QF updates its earning tables flights booked into R class will credit zero points and status credits to QF. If you have such flights planned you're better off crediting them to a programme that will earn. Whether or not they "should" earn with QF just because they do with BA, AA and CX is quite irrelevant.
Is as much or more to do with QR. When you fly with an airline that airline buys frequent flyer miles from your ffp to reward(bribe) you for flying with them. So my guess is QR are yet to agree on how much cash they will send to QF ffp for that booking class. Freq flyer program's sell miles to airlines(own and others), credit card providers, rental cars, hotels, supermarkets (at times) and other retail establishments. Selling ff miles is a good business.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
Thanks for the info,I'm flying SYD/DOH/EDI/DOH/SYD in business I,can only hope they don't change it too R
Old May 3, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by bhoyinoz
Thanks for the info,I'm flying SYD/DOH/EDI/DOH/SYD in business I,can only hope they don't change it too R
If you didn't book an R class ticket, there is no risk that it will turn into one

If unsure what class it is, worth checking before deciding where to credit
Old May 3, 2016, 3:03 pm

Technically, QF wants all the benefits of being a OneWorld partner to prop up its meagre international network, but is disinclined to provide such from a customer's perspective...
Old May 3, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you didn't book an R class ticket, there is no risk that it will turn into one

If unsure what class it is, worth checking before deciding where to credit

Thanks for the reassurance Dave,it's booked in business I,need the QF SCs to keep gold status^
Old May 30, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question SC earn with MH J class - ADL to KUL

I am confused with these two tables
In this table
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...-earning-table
Under ADL to KUL, SC earn on partner J class seems to be 100 SC.
But in this table
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#mh
There is no distinction between ADL/PER and other Australian cities and the SC
earn suggests flexible economy.
I know that in Dec 2015, there appears to be revised table for partner airlines (see the 1st link above). So what is the actual SC earn rate with MH J ADL to KUL now?
Anyone has flown MH J ADL to KUL or PER to KUL and credited to QFF?
Old May 31, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: QFWP
Originally Posted by igel
I am confused with these two tables
In this table
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...-earning-table
Under ADL to KUL, SC earn on partner J class seems to be 100 SC.
But in this table
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#mh
There is no distinction between ADL/PER and other Australian cities and the SC
earn suggests flexible economy.
I know that in Dec 2015, there appears to be revised table for partner airlines (see the 1st link above). So what is the actual SC earn rate with MH J ADL to KUL now?
Anyone has flown MH J ADL to KUL or PER to KUL and credited to QFF?
Basically unless you a travelling wholly within asia your J MH fares earn at the Y rate.

ADL - KUL in J should earn you 50 SC.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:01 am

Good news for those booked in R class on QR - it now earns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.