Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
That has been available for a while. Unfortunately you can only check one flight at a time, unlike the old (current) calculator.
Yes, I've tried to compare the SCs from Perth to New York, and currently I cannot do this using the new calculator as there is no way to calculate the LA-NY leg. ( It's 720 for J currently, love to know what it will be after July.)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You can do it manually.

LAX to NYC (Say JFK) is 2475 miles.

Currently in Business it earns 100 SC's.

On/After July 1st eligible travel can earn 80 or 90 SC's on QF or 80 SC's on other Airlines.

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...rtner-airlines
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:24 am

OK so all these changes are effective for travel on and from 1 July 2014. What about the booking date? That is, if I book travel on a partner airline between now and 30 June and complete travel by 30 June, will I earn Status credits and points at the current rates?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Originally Posted by eminere
OK so all these changes are effective for travel on and from 1 July 2014. What about the booking date? That is, if I book travel on a partner airline between now and 30 June and complete travel by 30 June, will I earn Status credits and points at the current rates?
Yes. Booking date has no bearing on it, you will earn points and SCs at the current rates for travel up to 30 June.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by serfty
You can do it manually. LAX to NYC (Say JFK) is 2475 miles. Currently in Business it earns 100 SC's. On/After July 1st eligible travel can earn 80 or 90 SC's on QF or 80 SC's on other Airlines. http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...rtner-airlines
Thanks serfty. SCs appear to be unchanged. Sent from a cold and wet NY. Regards, G.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Yes. Booking date has no bearing on it, you will earn points and SCs at the current rates for travel up to 30 June.
Thanks!
Old May 24, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
Did Qantas remove the table for earning SC on partner airlines? I can no longer find it on Qantas website.

Old May 24, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: QF WP, QF LTG, PC Plat, FlyingBlue
The table linked to here is clearly wrong. The title of the table is" Earning Status credits with our partner airlines" but then it list the number of points earned.

The words "quality assurance" are not part of the QF vocabulary

Originally Posted by mleung89
Did Qantas remove the table for earning SC on partner airlines? I can no longer find it on Qantas website.

Old May 26, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
They must have removed the SC earning section. I was looking for it as well, but could not find it.

Just booked a decent PE fare with CX and wanted to see how many SCs I'd get. Hope, they will add this section again soon.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Loyalty Programme Changes: Points & Status Based on Fare Price

I quickly skimmed, but didn't see anything mentioned yet.

I looks like Qantas has just announced a very big change to its FF programme; that the airline is following the lead of a few American airlines.

Qantas is changing its loyalty programme so that award points and status credits are based on fare price rather than distance travelled.

Effective immediately, Qantas has grouped its domestic and international booking fare classes into eight categories, which will apply to all flights operated by both Qantas and Jetstar Airways.

In addition, Qantas has also divided its network into 22 regions, including Domestic Australia Short Flights, North West Australia flights to South East Asia, and Australian flights to the UK/Europe or East Coast USA.

Each region comes with a pre-determined number of Qantas Points and Status Credits, with more premium fares affording better rates compared to their discounted counterparts.
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...gramme-changes
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Looks to be the same as the previously announced changes to the QF earning table. There is a thread on it in this forum.

The article is misleading. QF have gone to a zonal earning system and added a few extra earning brackets (eg flexible business).

They have not gone to earning based on fare price, purely by fare bucket and zone.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:32 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Merged into the existing thread [/mod hat].
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, United Platinum
Did Q stop attributing eligible flights on QF branded AA flights? ie: QF3204 (SFO-LAX)?

Recently noticed (early July), that I received no eligible flight increment, miles or SC's on that flight. Submitted an online request to claim missing points, but go the following message:

UNSUCCESSFUL - PLS CHECK FLT DETAILS
QF 3204 ECONOMY 09JUL14 SAN FRANCISCO/LOS ANGELES

Is this due to the new world order?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pwacher
Did Q stop attributing eligible flights on QF branded AA flights? ie: QF3204 (SFO-LAX)?

Recently noticed (early July), that I received no eligible flight increment, miles or SC's on that flight. Submitted an online request to claim missing points, but go the following message:

UNSUCCESSFUL - PLS CHECK FLT DETAILS
QF 3204 ECONOMY 09JUL14 SAN FRANCISCO/LOS ANGELES

Is this due to the new world order?
In my experience "unsuccessful" often means QF was unable to match the information you gave them with the airline's info. So, for example, perhaps the date or flight number was wrong, or the origin and destination. No doubt you got it all right so it may also mean that AA was unable to verify that you actually flew.

Even if the flight isn't eligible for credit it would still show in your activity (without the "unsuccessful" annotation) with a row of zeros.

I'd call QF or email them, [email protected].
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, United Platinum
Thanks Danger will call them today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.