Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SQ421
Here's hoping BAEC starts offering a Status Match.
Here's hoping to any airline offering a status match (VA would be nice)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Originally Posted by nux
Remember it is the lifetime of the current Qantas FF program..
Very true. Now that BA has lifetime Emerald, I am a little annoyed with myself for believing in QF all these years.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Kremmen
While that is an option, it's not very useful for discount economy, at 25-50% of flown miles. Better off joining Alaska's MileagePlan which credits 100% on all economy classes.
But you can't earn anything towards OW status by crediting to AS, can you? So the "better" option must presumably depend on exactly what you want out of your frequent flyer scheme.

I'm now very glad indeed that I stopped crediting to QF when I got to lifetime Silver. I couldn't have foreseen (or even dreamed) any of this, but I fear that the things that drove me away from QF are also driving this.

Incidentally, is it permissible under OW rules to have differential status earn on a route depending on which airline is being "flown"? I'm not familiar enough with schemes that count flown miles (and applicable multiples) for status rather than having a separate status/tier counter.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by SQ421
Here's hoping BAEC starts offering a Status Match.
Can't even join BAEC with an Australian address.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kremmen
While that is an option, it's not very useful for discount economy, at 25-50% of flown miles. Better off joining Alaska's MileagePlan which credits 100% on all economy classes.
But look at earn to burn and QF surcharges on awards compared to AA. post 330

I have not credited a QF flight to QF ffp in the last 5 years, except for some low priced tickets, that at the time, were non earning on AA
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Incidentally, is it permissible under OW rules to have differential status earn on a route depending on which airline is being "flown"? I'm not familiar enough with schemes that count flown miles (and applicable multiples) for status rather than having a separate status/tier counter.
I don't really see why not, there is no public OW rule that doesn't allow it.

Mileage earn can be different depending on marketing carrier for the same route and booking class.
Elite mileage earn on the likes of AAdvantage and other programs differs based on marketing carrier also.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: QFF
I just compared the SC earn from the trip I took last year (DAS13+DONE3+5 extra short flights [in L and N] total 31 sectors) and what I can muddle out of the new tables.
CBR-SYD-NRT,HND-HKG-JFK-BOS-JFK-SFO-ORD-RDU-ORD-CLE,DTW-ORD-MIA-BCN-HEL-ARN-HEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-PVG-KUL-SIN-HND-ITM,KIX-TPE-HKG-KUL-SIN-BNE-CBR
QF CBR-NRT, DXB-LHR, SIN-CBR
CX HND-JFK, KIX-KUL
AA JFK-BCN
AY BCN-LHR
BA LHR-DXB, LHR-PVG
MH PVG-KUL, KUL-SIN(x2)
JL SIN-ITM

2440 (old) vs 1880 (new)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by da.....L
I also fly to Doha every now and then for work and flying through Dubai would be ridiculous, but QF is still slashing the SCs earned for a LHR-DOH flight on QR.
they don't even know who QR is. otherwise someone at QF might have noticed that Doha is in Qatar, not UAE.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DH188
Can't even join BAEC with an Australian address.
Yet. Though that's easy enough to get around.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
I suspect like most on this forum, I'm still trying to get my head around the considerable detail contained in these 'enhancements'. Neither Simple nor Fair from my perspective, but I digress.

Curiously, there seems to be no mention of points earn rates on partner airlines. They've announced new SC earn rates on partner flights, and new points earn rates for QF and JQ flights, but I would have also expected a 'simplification' of mileage earn on partner airlines, unless I've missed something?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Letter from QF

For those who have not received the letter from QF:

Originally Posted by QF

Dear Traveloguy,

We know how important it is for you to be rewarded when you fly. It's also important that the reward should reflect the value of your fare. So, we're making changes to how you earn in the air.

It's all about creating a fairer, more simplified program, designed to align the number of Qantas Points1 and Status credits2 you earn more closely with the fare you pay, where you fly and the airline you choose.

Effective for travel from 1 July 2014, the number of Qantas Points and Status credits you earn will change when you fly with Qantas and Jetstar Airlines. Put simply, these changes will mean that you'll earn more Qantas Points and Status credits when you choose more flexible fares. At the same time, we're reducing the Qantas Points you'll earn on our lower fares to reflect your spend.

While we're making changes in the air, rest assured this does not affect your current points balance, or the way you earn with our broad range of partners on the ground. And, when it's time to redeem, there's no change to the number of points you need for a Classic Award3 or how you use your points for your chosen reward.4

Our commitment is to offer you the most comprehensive, rewarding loyalty program in Australia, wherever your journey takes you.

As these and other changes, including Status credit earn with other partner airlines, may affect you, we suggest you take a look at all the details, available on qantas.com

Yours sincerely,

The Qantas Frequent Flyer Team
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:32 am

The SC earn rate on partner airline flights between Australia and Southeast Asia has been halved. Looks like my upcoming BA flights in April will be the last to earn at the existing rate. What a bummer.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eminere
The SC earn rate on partner airline flights between Australia and Southeast Asia has been halved. Looks like my upcoming BA flights in April will be the last to earn at the existing rate. What a bummer.
Credit BA to AA. Full earning on AA plus much better value redemption rates
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Credit BA to AA. Full earning on AA plus much better value redemption rates
Yeah it's starting to look like I might need to just give up on QF FFP and sign up to AA now...
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Overall, it appears to me that if your travelling is predominantly on non-QF/JQ carriers, you will be better of crediting to another programme if you are keen on status.

It appears that changes to points earnings on partner airlines are still to be announced, based on the comments on the partner airlines SC earnings page:
The way you earn Qantas Points on partner airline flights will transition to the same regional framework as the table above. Please ensure Your Profile is up to date so that we can keep you informed of these changes.
I can't find any references to SC/points earnings on EK. Partner Airlines only refers to OW carriers, plus Fiji Airways. I probably have paid insufficient attention to it, but can you see anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.