Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Fostee
Also works to cgk. Little cheaper on Expedia packages with throw away hotel. Also good layovers to cgk. I booked trip to indo for snorkeling and Komodo dragons for 40th bday. Yeah boi!!
The CGK option is intriguing. Mind if I ask when you're booked?

I ask because I was about to pull the trigger on booking it for August when something told me to read up first on Jakarta's travel restrictions. There seems to be conflicting information as to whether they're issuing tourist visas currently, but the one common piece of information was the mandatory 3 day quarantine for those who are fully vaccinated + had a booster. It's 5 days if you're just fully vaccinated. I realize a lot can change between now and August, but the fact one needs a negative PCR test 48-hours before arrival, test again upon arrival, quarantine 3 days and then test again on day 3 to finally get to leave your hotel seems excessive. It looks like the best way to maximize LP's is booking through aavacations and the rep I spoke to said there's no refunds if entry restrictions change and prohibit you from entering a country. They simply allow you to change your dates (and pay any fare + hotel difference) or they issue you a voucher for future use.

Has anyone else been to CGK or Indonesia recently and gone through the entry process? Would appreciate first hand info.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by LikeaGVI

What difference does it make? Whatever someone had done/or the rules now informs nothing about what the rules will be in August!

I ask because I was about to pull the trigger on booking it for August when something told me to read up first on Jakarta's travel restrictions. There seems to be conflicting information as to whether they're issuing tourist visas currently, but the one common piece of information was the mandatory 3 day quarantine for those who are fully vaccinated + had a booster. It's 5 days if you're just fully vaccinated. I realize a lot can change between now and August, but the fact one needs a negative PCR test 48-hours before arrival, test again upon arrival, quarantine 3 days and then test again on day 3 to finally get to leave your hotel seems excessive. It looks like the best way to maximize LP's is booking through aavacations and the rep I spoke to said there's no refunds if entry restrictions change and prohibit you from entering a country. They simply allow you to change your dates (and pay any fare + hotel difference) or they issue you a voucher for future use.

Has anyone else been to CGK or Indonesia recently and gone through the entry process? Would appreciate first hand info.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LikeaGVI

Originally Posted by estnet
What difference does it make? Whatever someone had done/or the rules now informs nothing about what the rules will be in August!
Please don't troll a post and literally repeat the exact same thing I already acknowledged. Did you miss the part where I said "I realize a lot can change between now and August..." ?!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I live in Jakarta, and can confirm it is now a 3 day mandatory quarantine. The press is mentioning that the GOVT is considering moving to no quarantine upon arrival starting April 1; I would assume moving to similar schemes in SE Asia (Thailand). Further, there is currently no VOA, so you have to have a sponsor (can be a hotel). What I would most be concerned about for future travel, is testing positive upon arrival in country. It is not pleasant. A forced quarantine in a one star GOVT "hotel." I've read a few blogs that these forced stays are not pleasant.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I live in Jakarta, and can confirm it is now a 3 day mandatory quarantine. The press is mentioning that the GOVT is considering moving to no quarantine upon arrival starting April 1; I would assume moving to similar schemes in SE Asia (Thailand). Further, there is currently no VOA, so you have to have a sponsor (can be a hotel). What I would most be concerned about for future travel, is testing positive upon arrival in country. It is not pleasant. A forced quarantine in a one star GOVT "hotel." I've read a few blogs that these forced stays are not pleasant.
Thank you for this info, much appreciated.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Hi all. Is there any way to price this with longer stops in TYO? I feel like I could, on the BKK routing, until a few weeks ago. Now the fare rules only mention stopovers in the US?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Somewhat impulsively booked JFK HAN 3/27, 5 nights. Thanks!
(... Anyone else flying?)
Also, since everything here is originated from JFK, I will ask this here. JAL seems to give a couple of different Lounge accesses. PP also gives 4 options - KAL Business, Lufthansa, Air France, PrimeClass in terminal 1. Which one would you go to?
tobikosan and reggiekush like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I would go to them all

CC
Abidjan, ccna101 and Alexsth2011 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Also, since everything here is originated from JFK, I will ask this here. JAL seems to give a couple of different Lounge accesses. PP also gives 4 options - KAL Business, Lufthansa, Air France, PrimeClass in terminal 1. Which one would you go to?
Should be able to go to T8 and use the AA FL as well.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
I'm thinking of doing this as well, but a little stumped on the covid testing, so I'm curious how youre handling it.

Depending on your source, you need a covid test 72(PCR) or 24(antigen) hours either prior to arrival or departure. How are you planning to do your testing prior to the trip? Any guess if a Binox now (with proctoring) would satisfy the requirement?

To answer your question, also dont forget that you can access any oneworld lounge. So if you have time, head to T7 and try out the Alaska lounge (very nice!) and the British Lounge!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by barabbas90
I'm thinking of doing this as well, but a little stumped on the covid testing, so I'm curious how youre handling it.

Depending on your source, you need a covid test 72(PCR) or 24(antigen) hours either prior to arrival or departure. How are you planning to do your testing prior to the trip? Any guess if a Binox now (with proctoring) would satisfy the requirement?

To answer your question, also dont forget that you can access any oneworld lounge. So if you have time, head to T7 and try out the Alaska lounge (very nice!) and the British Lounge!
You need PCR to go to Vietnam or most other countries. I am doing a free PCR in Walgreens about 46 hours prior to departure expecting to have the result a night before departure.
To enter US, you need PCR or rapid test within 24hour window so PCR must be expedited. I inquired about local clinic to do a rapid test on a day of departure(HAN-NRT leaves at 23:40). I am sure there are plenty options everywhere.
I was recently in Bankok. Local clinic BS'ed me into taking expedited PCR saying JAL/Japan transit requires PCR even if US just requires rapid test.

I have been to Flagship and Alaska. I fly from Boston to start the trip in JFK the same day. Probably need to pick only one in the same terminal.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
You need PCR to go to Vietnam or most other countries. I am doing a free PCR in Walgreens about 46 hours prior to departure expecting to have the result a night before departure.
To enter US, you need PCR or rapid test within 24hour window so PCR must be expedited. I inquired about local clinic to do a rapid test on a day of departure(HAN-NRT leaves at 23:40). I am sure there are plenty options everywhere.
I was recently in Bankok. Local clinic BS'ed me into taking expedited PCR saying JAL/Japan transit requires PCR even if US just requires rapid test.

I have been to Flagship and Alaska. I fly from Boston to start the trip in JFK the same day. Probably need to pick only one in the same terminal.
fwiw, Vietnam just needs a lateral flow <24hrs before arrival, or PCR within 72.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
The rule is 1 calendar day, so it can be taken at any point in time the day before. In the case of a 23:40 flight, this can be up to ~47 hours in advance effectively.
lsquare and SanDiegoTrvllr like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:36 am

Tried AAV today for JFK-HAN, not seeing * anymore on flights :-(
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:37 am

This is for 05/22-05/30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.