Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by puding
+ 1
Can you please share routing dates. Appreciate the help in advance.
The key is finding R0 w/ EF
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by sgan317
Can you share your routing dates and EQM breakdown. As a gold, I might jump to get up to 75k now.
Originally Posted by puding
+ 1
Can you please share routing dates. Appreciate the help in advance.
My booking was for mid-September. There is an example ITA itinerary up-thread, mine just worked out to get J for the domestic legs. Find what you want on ITA then use bookwithmatrix to send it to AA.com. The direct link to AA.com from ITA using powertools did not work.
EQM math:
JFK-LAX-BOS-LAX-JFK in J = 10172 flight miles @ 200% = 20344 EQM
BOS-NRT-BKK-NRT-BOS in R = 19181 flight miles @ 150% = 28772 EQM

Originally Posted by NHarmonia
Read the changes after departure rules, If I understand this correctly, that means if I book an outbound for may and return for december for now, I can fly the outbound as is and then change the outbound dates based on prices from today? That sounds like it would work out great for me.
Yes, but there is also a rule under voluntary changes that allows changes as long as you don't change the first fare component, which would be the outbound legs. Either should apply, but getting the agent to read and apply them correctly is always the challenge.
ijgordon and ccna101 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Delete
Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Not sure I'd call that process "easy" Possible? Yes. Easy? No, I don't think so.

Regards
Did it 3 times last year. Took about 5-10 minutes each time to gather and submit the paperwork to get approval to enter.
Sure the testing is a PIA, but entry was a piece of cake.
miffSC likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Thanks. Don't have much experience with EF. Need to play around to find R0.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
My booking was for mid-September. There is an example ITA itinerary up-thread, mine just worked out to get J for the domestic legs. Find what you want on ITA then use bookwithmatrix to send it to AA.com. The direct link to AA.com from ITA using powertools did not work.
EQM math:
JFK-LAX-BOS-LAX-JFK in J = 10172 flight miles @ 200% = 20344 EQM
BOS-NRT-BKK-NRT-BOS in R = 19181 flight miles @ 150% = 28772 EQM

Yes, but there is also a rule under voluntary changes that allows changes as long as you don't change the first fare component, which would be the outbound legs. Either should apply, but getting the agent to read and apply them correctly is always the challenge.
Thanks for the help. I prefer to do this before April 2nd / 3rd week. Will post here if I can find it.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:31 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by scubadu
Not sure I'd call that process "easy" Possible? Yes. Easy? No, I don't think so.

Regards
Obviously, not as easy as before with 30-day visa on arrival, but even the Phuket Sandbox wasn't difficult. Just a little more paperwork. Test-N-Go should be a snap.
Global321 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Anyone know what's the mini time one can spend in BKK before next flight on separate tickets?is this even allowed right now? Is staying 1 day allowed before leave Thailand and head to another country? Trying to do 2 separate tickets and use BKK as a transit point. I have been looking for transit rules at BKK for separate tickets, but no luck so far. thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by 350zrx330
Anyone know what's the mini time one can spend in BKK before next flight on separate tickets?is this even allowed right now? Is staying 1 day allowed before leave Thailand and head to another country? Trying to do 2 separate tickets and use BKK as a transit point. I have been looking for transit rules at BKK for separate tickets, but no luck so far. thanks!
Interesting question. A few things are at work here...
There is no minimum stay, but you have to go to your room and wait for you test on arrival results.
You cannot transit BKK airside right now on two separate tickets.
As for minimum stay, in theory, via test and go, as a little as a few hours. (Until you get your test results.) In theory, you could land at 6am, go to test on the way to the hotel, get the results by 6pm and then head back to the airport.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Can you explain the significance of R0?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Originally Posted by Global321
Interesting question. A few things are at work here...
There is no minimum stay, but you have to go to your room and wait for you test on arrival results.
You cannot transit BKK airside right now on two separate tickets.
As for minimum stay, in theory, via test and go, as a little as a few hours. (Until you get your test results.) In theory, you could land at 6am, go to test on the way to the hotel, get the results by 6pm and then head back to the airport.
Thank you. I am thinking to stay in BKK for about 48 hours then hop on my next flight out of Thailand.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by 350zrx330
Right now, the only transit allowed is arrivals to transfer on to the specified Bangkok Airways flights to Koh Samui, for those that do the Samui Sandbox plan. Stay tuned: things are always changing. Besides that, to even get on the plane to BKK JL will check your Test-N-Go certificate and other papers, so you'll have already paid for the hotel night, car transfer, and tests on arrival. Unless you plan to cancel the SHA+ hotel before you leave, in which case, you would technically be violating the immigration rules which might have some serious repercussions, financial and otherwise. Best to just play it straight. And even if your plan is to transit back to the US on that same ticket, I don't think you'll have the negative test to get back as it is required 24 hours before departure to the US. I think you'd have to clear immigration at BKK to get the test done, as even an express PCR test (PCR is required to get on the JL plane and enter Thailand) may not staisfy the required time.

Last edited by rbAA; Feb 2, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Can you explain the significance of R0?
My guess is that if R=0, then it would have to book into a full J fare. That way youd earn more miles (200% for a J fare compared to 150% in an R fare when crediting to AS for example)
mcgahat, swgsword, sgan317 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:30 pm

Phuket sandbox

Can one even fly to BKK? Do t you need to enter via Phuket?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.