Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...

This is one of the better fares I have seen on this route. I think the KL location has been this low but dont know that I have noticed it being this low for BKK, unless I missed it. According to GF you can get it lower if you book one of the OTA's listed (not familiar with them myself) but be careful with the JL bookings if you are credit to AA as I think this will give very limited Loyalty Points earning. The downside to my example booking is an 8 hour layover in HND, in the past I would consider that a positive but these days.......

skunker, Maestro Ramen and Bail12 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:27 am

Also works to cgk. Little cheaper on Expedia packages with throw away hotel. Also good layovers to cgk. I booked trip to indo for snorkeling and Komodo dragons for 40th bday. Yeah boi!!
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
If these JAL flights are booked using AA flight numbers does it earn Loyalty Points based on ticket price or miles flown?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Fostee
Also works to cgk. Little cheaper on Expedia packages with throw away hotel. Also good layovers to cgk. I booked trip to indo for snorkeling and Komodo dragons for 40th bday. Yeah boi!!
- Good fare. Do you hope that Indonesia will open by May? I had two trips cancelled during Covid.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:01 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
These JL fares pop up every so often -- I flew JFK-TPE in January 2020 on a similar fare, and I'm really glad they are back.

You can get it down to about $1900 with Amex IAP.

It looks like it books into I class. I believe JL is in the process of swapping X and I to align fare classes with their partners, but it seems AA and AS have not caught on yet. BA has though.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by edsh
If these JAL flights are booked using AA flight numbers does it earn Loyalty Points based on ticket price or miles flown?
I would imagine that it would work similar to the way it does with EQD? If AA has the fare details then it would post as loyalty points based on ticket price but if they dont then they would use the special fares calculation based on miles.

Originally Posted by VFR
These JL fares pop up every so often -- I flew JFK-TPE in January 2020 on a similar fare, and I'm really glad they are back.

It looks like it books into I class. I believe JL is in the process of swapping X and I to align fare classes with their partners, but it seems AA and AS have not caught on yet. BA has though.
Thanks, I didnt think about the checking Amex. The JL earnings makes it a wild card but that price of $1900 is too good to pass up. I will just spend more on my AA credit card to make up for the LP loss.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- Good fare. Do you hope that Indonesia will open by May? I had two trips cancelled during Covid.
im not going until October, hope it opens by then, and COVID dies out.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Looks like the fare rules allow 3 domestic stops on AA in each direction. Past CGK fares have allowed this and you could go JFK-LAX-MIA-BOS-TYO-CGK. Has anyone had success with this recently, or tried it with this fare?

I can easily get routing going west bound, but cant get it to double back. Early June I found JFK-MIA-LAX-HND-BKK, but cant route back via BOS.

Great to see this fare back!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by VFR

So when crediting to AS on an I fare it's 70% miles? Yikes
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:04 pm

I was able to get all JL flights for $1902.47 for the OP dates using the IAP via Amex. No idea how many Loyalty Points this fare gets.
(Still confused by how AA will calculate.)Total Trip Cost

$1,902.47

Round trip, 1 Adult1 Adult

$1,557.00

Taxes & Fees$345.47
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by edsh
My guess would be going with the marketing airline rule which is AA
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

Book via AAVacation, add the cheapest hostel to save $300, get special fare as denoted by *, earn 100% base + 50% cabin + elite bonus. EXP should earn 45033 LPs

Last edited by skunker; Jan 29, 2022 at 6:48 pm Reason: Bad math
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:37 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Layovers in HND/NRT Japan - Buyer BEWARE

ICYMI, HND and NRT have had a pretty crazy timeline over the past 2 years where rules for transit can change so quickly, even as changing overnight. The rules for each airport regarding layovers have varied WILDLY over the past 2 years. From only allowing transfers to only certain nationals, certain transit times, or even allowing NO layovers to anyone except Japanese citizens. Tourists have been denied boarding at their origin airport if they had layovers in Japan.

So.. if you're booking this route with a layover in Japan, make sure you monitor the rules for NRT/HND on a weekly basis. Otherwise you can be denied boarding. There's a pretty good reason why we saw sub-$400 RT Y fares a few months ago for 2022 travel date US-Asia that either ended in Japan or lay-overs in Japan - tickets were cancelled and you received flight credit. GL YMMV
HarbourGent and flyarctic like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

This is $2167 on AAV. Notice the J* on the LAX-JFK leg. Play around and you could probably get that on the outbound too. That's 100% cabin bonus on AA and AS.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:58 pm

Programs: QF
Few announcements in the past 24hrs that seem to have Bali opening back up to tourists mid-Feb with a 2 night quarantine. SQ has loaded daily SIN-DPS, so hopefully it happens sooner than later! I've done 5 hotel quarantines in Jakarta and I'm so over it. Fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.