Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: JFK-BKK $2409 RT Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:37 pm

So, assuming everything just books *R JFK-LAX-NRT-BKK return would earn 32k LP's before elite bonus??? Is that right?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
My understanding is Special Fares (e.g. purchased through Vacation Packages where fares are marked with an asterisk (*) after the booking code) earn on base miles + cabin of service + status bonus.
Base miles for this is at least 19,200 round trip plus additional depending on routing.

Without booking through a vacation package, if you simply purchase an AA marketed flight on JAL, you'd only earn the base fare before taxes * status multiplier.

So book on AA Vacations to maximize return.

Last edited by edsh; Jan 29, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Jetrigger
So, assuming everything just books *R JFK-LAX-NRT-BKK return would earn 32k LP's before elite bonus??? Is that right?
21629 + 10814 (50% cabin bonus) + elite bonus.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
21629 + 10814 (50% cabin bonus) + elite bonus.
That's a heckuva earning!
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by MKBshaw
Few announcements in the past 24hrs that seem to have Bali opening back up to tourists mid-Feb with a 2 night quarantine. SQ has loaded daily SIN-DPS, so hopefully it happens sooner than later! I've done 5 hotel quarantines in Jakarta and I'm so over it. Fingers crossed!
- Bali keeps "opening" for the last 1+ year. I have two vacations cancelled because of cancelled flights.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:37 pm

I thought AAvantage miles are base on revenue.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I thought AAvantage miles are base on revenue.
They are unless they are special fares, which are usually part of a package deal. You have to book through AAV or similar booking site and include a hotel.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...cial-fares.jsp
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is this fare valid from JFK only or other cities like ORD do have the same fare?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
They are unless they are special fares, which are usually part of a package deal. You have to book through AAV or similar booking site and include a hotel.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...cial-fares.jsp
If i book but not stay at the hotel in this package, does it have a negative impact on the earning?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is this fare valid from JFK only or other cities like ORD do have the same fare?
I check expertflyer for the filed fares, doesnt seem that AA or JL have anything similar filed from any of the other major cities (I checked the JL gateway cities only, not random other cities)
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:03 pm

If i book but not stay at the hotel in this package, does it have a negative impact on the earning?
No, the hotel isn't going to tell AA you didn't stay. Especially if you book the lowest cost hostel options.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Routing with the most miles I found was via lax and back to Boston. Anyone able to find anything more? Turning it into a AS mileage run.

Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:33 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I believe the minimum number of nights for the package is 3 nights, but you need to call to book it that way. Skip the hotel if you like, no problem.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by barabbas90
Routing with the most miles I found was via lax and back to Boston. Anyone able to find anything more? Turning it into a AS mileage run.

Interesting. Your fare is coming in higher than the $1900 another poster was able to obtain via Amex IAP.
How many AS miles would this earn?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by rbAA
I believe the minimum number of nights for the package is 3 nights, but you need to call to book it that way. Skip the hotel if you like, no problem.
The minimum is 3 nights but you do not need to call. You can adjust the hotel nights when booking online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.