Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by more4less
Are you speaking with AM? I am considering to postpone the trip by 3 months but will keep the dates if changing costs +1k.

On the other side they changed my return do to a cancellation on the CDG-BCN segment and all the alternatives I suggested came with a reprice of the ticket because, apparently, the fare bucket “I” was not available and they had to book me in C.
At the end I kept the itinerary they offered, but it will mean over 6h @ CDG.
Yes, been on the phone last 3 days with about 15 agents on NL, GB and US numbers. Maybe I wanted too much as now it involves long haul with AF, which I know they have a problem with even when using voucher. Right now the call is not answered promtly, so I will just wait till late evening and will call again. It takes them around 20 minutes to have the new flights ready, most of them haven't heard multi-city in their life and it is just very annoying as they work flow is miserable and it seems like left hand does not know what right hand does. I only need to postpone by a few weeks, same class available..

All I thought is that first voluntary change is free of charge + fare difference and probably some service call fee. But they keep saying rocket prices.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:33 pm

AM seems to be complete ......... I called in and got very well English speaking agent. I specifically asked him if I need to change my flights if the first voluntary change is free of charge = confirmed, no need to pay 300 USD for first voluntary change but the fare difference applies. Then I got him my new flights for February for multi city of 4 flights / 6 segments. All on AM metal for long haul, literally the same flights as I have in my original booking. For the original I paid 1082 EUR, the new flight on website is on 1089 EUR, same I class.

He came back with around 3500 EUR fare difference. The reason is that on AM website there are special promotion flights which he can not get because he is in call centre and they do not see the same what is on the AM website. The fare difference is what the system shows him at the moment to be charged in case of change, he suggested I just buy new flights if it is 3,5 times cheaper. I am lost in this. I have recorded the conversation but I paid with Revolut, so any chargeback is going to be tough. And I am leaving on Wednesday. Since this is not about HUCA because HUCA was done 20 times, I dont know what else.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
I've been through an OTA, and it was a pain. At the end, since I had my BCN CDG cancelled, I asked to start my trip in CDG instead, it was granted... after more than 30 calls ( the argue was they could not give me an option to fly AF, so I asked, fair enough remove that flight!).
Good luck all.
jonapet89 and advisorytoptop like this.

Last edited by milesaddict; Jan 24, 2022 at 3:24 am
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
I wish I had something positive to contribute. I’m sorry 747, that sounds like a nightmare.

on the bright side for me, my repositioning flight to Spain went without a hitch and I just confirmed my La Premiere upgrade for $1000
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
For those of you doing this run .... the FlyCovidTestCenter is literally 100 ft from Air Europa/Air France check in. My antigen test result was ready in less than 15 minutes - thankfully negative!

Also, you need to fill out Brazil ANVISA health declaration - I didn't realize this, but did it at airport ; had to show it to AF agent before she would give me boarding pass.
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by MarkCron
For those of you doing this run .... the FlyCovidTestCenter is literally 100 ft from Air Europa/Air France check in. My antigen test result was ready in less than 15 minutes - thankfully negative!

Also, you need to fill out Brazil ANVISA health declaration - I didn't realize this, but did it at airport ; had to show it to AF agent before she would give me boarding pass.
They accept anti-gen in Mexico and Brazil, not PCR?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SAS Gold , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Mexico requires nothing and Brazil accepts both.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:44 am

I was fine to depart with antigen yesterday and the agent in BCN was well aware of the 24 hour policy before FIRST flight of the journey to Brazil.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I was fine to depart with antigen yesterday and the agent in BCN was well aware of the 24 hour policy before FIRST flight of the journey to Brazil.
Sadly Mexico City wasn’t and also insisted that my EU covid pass wasn’t accepted (took my american one)

Anyways if anyone is on AM016 (MEX-GRU) today, come say hey, I’m in 10J.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
Sadly Mexico City wasn’t and also insisted that my EU covid pass wasn’t accepted (took my american one)

Anyways if anyone is on AM016 (MEX-GRU) today, come say hey, I’m in 10J.
Yay, I am happy I went up to departures, I knew there would be a problem if "re-checking". This way, no need to show anything. Anyway I do have PCR too. I am on 10F, MarkCron is on the plane too and we should do some damage to AM, if it was not for four of us, that would be completely ghost flight today.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yay, I am happy I went up to departures, I knew there would be a problem if "re-checking". This way, no need to show anything. Anyway I do have PCR too. I am on 10F, MarkCron is on the plane too and we should do some damage to AM, if it was not for four of us, that would be completely ghost flight today.
Yes I am in 2J. And assuming I will be ok to board with antigen test only (no pcr)
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Yes I am in 2J. And assuming I will be ok to board with antigen test only (no pcr)
I haver never had another check at MEX for GRU flight at the gate, so see you in a couple of minutes on board
MarkCron and Airborne Brat like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
So do they check or they don't in MEX-GRU leg? ufff
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:50 am

I don't remember if they checked at gate in MEX, but they did check for test results at immigration in GRU.
I showed antigen, and they asked for vaccination record as well.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

I had an overnight layover and when trying to get my second boarding pass reprinted with my ff # they asked for everything. May have been isolated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.