Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, etc
Planning to do the BCN - GRU run later this month. AM changed schedule, now same day return mex-gru-mex. anyone with experience getting return boarding pass at mex? Turnaround time in gru is 2 hours, and not sure if you can get BP international airside in case app does not work (eg if passport check is needed) in that case need to exit (immigration, customs) to find check in counter, which I would like to avoid. Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (platinum)
Originally Posted by Duschi
Planning to do the BCN - GRU run later this month. AM changed schedule, now same day return mex-gru-mex. anyone with experience getting return boarding pass at mex? Turnaround time in gru is 2 hours, and not sure if you can get BP international airside in case app does not work (eg if passport check is needed) in that case need to exit (immigration, customs) to find check in counter, which I would like to avoid. Thanks
You should be good. I did MEX-GRU-MEX in feb with an overnight stay in GRU in the airside hotel (Tryp). No need to go out & pass immigration. I got all boarding pass in The AM lounge at MEX. They were also available in the AM Apps. Enjoy!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Question: this route is really good for me being based in AMS for FB XP. I bought my ticket via OTA and there is really little flexibility on it. I wanted to change my dates to extend here but would cost an arm and a leg. Do you have suggestions on where to buy this MR? Also, untill when are the routes valid? Would it be available in October? I tried to check using OTA and GF but the prices don't come out the same. Many thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Question: this route is really good for me being based in AMS for FB XP. I bought my ticket via OTA and there is really little flexibility on it. I wanted to change my dates to extend here but would cost an arm and a leg. Do you have suggestions on where to buy this MR? Also, untill when are the routes valid? Would it be available in October? I tried to check using OTA and GF but the prices don't come out the same. Many thanks!
a) I have had 4 tickets on this, bought on AM directly and when needed to change, the amount to be paid was more or less the same of what I'd pay for new flights. They waive the change fee but the price of the ticket comes from some price before tax or whatever, so technically you will always pay horrendous amount even you find the same price (or even less) and same fare class. So, in this case, whenever you book via AM or OTA it does not make any difference, next time I'd rather buy via OTA as the chargeback process can be easier if something goes wrong.
b) I think it is just spring and nothing more loaded yet. Would be available in October? Will I be millionaire in October?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
a) I have had 4 tickets on this, bought on AM directly and when needed to change, the amount to be paid was more or less the same of what I'd pay for new flights. They waive the change fee but the price of the ticket comes from some price before tax or whatever, so technically you will always pay horrendous amount even you find the same price (or even less) and same fare class. So, in this case, whenever you book via AM or OTA it does not make any difference, next time I'd rather buy via OTA as the chargeback process can be easier if something goes wrong.
b) I think it is just spring and nothing more loaded yet. Would be available in October? Will I be millionaire in October?
This fare is currently available for some days in October/November via Google Flights. The fare in October is as low as $1288 roundtrip.
asian_crossfitter likes this.

Last edited by MCI777; Mar 10, 2022 at 8:17 am
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
If it's all about XPs, then take the train to DUS and do a BLL Run before 6/30 with the 50% bonus... get 145 XPs for 575. If based in AMS with this route you don't even need a hotel room... You can easily take the express train on Saturday morning to position and then back on Sunday night

2 of those from Scratch give you Gold status... 145-100 for Silver, extra 45 and 145 = 190 XPs for Gold
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Did your MQM & MQD post properly to DL?

For those who have made this journey, please share your experiences in how the MQD/MQM posted to your Delta account.

Did they post as expected? Did you experience any problems, esp with DL calculations of the values?

Reconciliation of a DL account is a long & uncertain process in my experience, so it's most helpful to know how this went for you.

Last edited by bobblevins; Mar 14, 2022 at 11:26 am Reason: clarification
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by bobblevins
For those who have made this journey, please share your experiences in how the MQD/MQM posted to your Delta account.

Did they post as expected? Did you experience any problems, esp with DL calculations of the values?

Reconciliation of a DL account is a long & uncertain process in my experience, so it's most helpful to know how this went for you.
I did SAT-BCN and BCN-GRU at end of January, and all MQM/MQD/RDM posted as expected within a couple days of flights.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by bobblevins

Same as Mark except I am still waiting for Delta to credit my flight in La Premiere instead of a business class Z fare which at this point seems unlikely.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
Same as Mark except I am still waiting for Delta to credit my flight in La Premiere instead of a business class Z fare which at this point seems unlikely.
depends on which flight number you were rebooked with the upgrade. if it was still AM flight number, not good - as AM does not have first class it might be tricky to get the credit for the new booking class. in case they rebooked you onto an AF flight number it should be easier.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 19, 2022 at 6:41 am
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze
If it's all about XPs, then take the train to DUS and do a BLL Run before 6/30 with the 50% bonus... get 145 XPs for 575. If based in AMS with this route you don't even need a hotel room... You can easily take the express train on Saturday morning to position and then back on Sunday night

2 of those from Scratch give you Gold status... 145-100 for Silver, extra 45 and 145 = 190 XPs for Gold
Magic 😂😂 Thanks for this! I may try to push the platinum then. I am about to do the return flight GRU-MEX-CDG-BCN tomorrow. Will give a full report thereafter!
jfkeze, jonapet89 and 321 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Hi please can you share the booking for this run?

Originally Posted by MCI777
This fare is currently available for some days in October/November via Google Flights. The fare in October is as low as $1288 roundtrip.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass
-
Read the thread, all the information about booking is in here.
dcjono and MCI777 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
To maximize mileage earning I want to book the EU-MEX leg with AM instead of AF. This used to be possible with this fare by flying to AMS.
However, I can't seem to replicate this anymore and I only see availibility by flying BCN-CDG-MEX on AF.
Can someone see any routes with all long haul legs on AM?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
To maximize mileage earning I want to book the EU-MEX leg with AM instead of AF. This used to be possible with this fare by flying to AMS.
However, I can't seem to replicate this anymore and I only see availibility by flying BCN-CDG-MEX on AF.
Can someone see any routes with all long haul legs on AM?
I think the KL- and AF operated longhauls all book as AM codeshare, so this wouldn't impact mileage earnings, at least with Flying Blue (would always recommend booking KL or AF metal when possible).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.