Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old May 18, 2022, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by bobblevins
We completed two of these BCN-GRU-BCN trips and AF promptly credited our DL accounts properly for their segments.

No AM flights have been credited and it's been several weeks since the last trip was completed.

Anyone else have this experience? If so, have you found any better way to get the AM credit other than submiting the form from the DL website?

Thanks!
same situation here, I guess gotta call Skymiles then to claim the miles. Was thinking about doing this again in 2023 to obtain diamond medallion with Delta, but those Delta miles are basically worthless nowadays so I'm hesitant.... You'd have to fork out 400K miles for a US to Europe one way in Delta One, or easily 125K on a transcon Delta One. That's stupid.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
We completed two of these BCN-GRU-BCN trips and AF promptly credited our DL accounts properly for their segments.

No AM flights have been credited and it's been several weeks since the last trip was completed.

Anyone else have this experience? If so, have you found any better way to get the AM credit other than submiting the form from the DL website?

Thanks!

Yeap, I am using Air Europa's Suma FFP, and whilst every boarding pass from AM had my FFP status and number stated, I still had to retroregister 4/4 AM flights. Even Brazilian partner airline, GOL, credits automatically in 2-3 days. So I assume there must be a system error on AM's side.
Old May 20, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Please help with your brilliant plan

Originally Posted by Cielito848
so what exact routing did you book?
hi I live your plan! I live in JFK so what would be the best way for me to parlay your MR plan please? How would I book it and on what airline? Would I have to search for dates ? How many days is your run plZ? And super thank you . It would be flying in 2022 to completion if DM qualification
Old May 20, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass
hi I live your plan! I live in JFK so what would be the best way for me to parlay your MR plan please? How would I book it and on what airline? Would I have to search for dates ? How many days is your run plZ? And super thank you . It would be flying in 2022 to completion if DM qualification
Please read through the thread. All the information is in here.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by sinus
bobblevins the best way to retro-credit to DL is to call them and ask agent to perform it on the phone with the SkyMiles department. The segments will appear on your statement immediately with status "processing" and in 24-48h you will have the miles.
Thanks for the suggestion. I called DL who told e they cannot "see" the flights by tciket number and was told to call AM, which I did.

AM says the flight record is now only found in their "historical base - VCR" and cannot be transmitted to me or to DL. The agent stated that the movement into history is because the flights went without exception - no delys, refunds, cancellation etc. The agent suggested that I ask DL to call AM for details!

I can't be the only customer this has happened to.

Anyone?
Old May 24, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Thanks for the suggestion. I called DL who told e they cannot "see" the flights by tciket number and was told to call AM, which I did.

AM says the flight record is now only found in their "historical base - VCR" and cannot be transmitted to me or to DL. The agent stated that the movement into history is because the flights went without exception - no delys, refunds, cancellation etc. The agent suggested that I ask DL to call AM for details!

Anyone?
Aeromexico is a "female-canine" to deal with on a good day, but this is the usual recommendations for Aeromexico and partner credits.
1) At time of booking, have screen shots showing partner FFN
2) At time of check-in, PRINT your Boarding Pass which shows partner FFN
3) Keep Boarding Pass with partner FFN
4) If 3 or 4 days pass, Call partner airline (sometimes Twitter works best)
5) Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain! AM system can urge historical data after a week at times...
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond

Anyone?
The same thing happened to me. AF flights credited to Delta the next day. AM flights never did. Submitted the DL online form and waited a few weeks. Nothing.
To my shock and amazement, the Delta online chat feature was able to push it through with the ticket number. Took them about 30 minutes but the AM flights posted right then.
Old May 26, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Looks like this deal is no longer bookable, or the AM website is having technical issues. Flights are still showing up on Google but to push it through I'd have to use a third-party booking website like Expedia. Hmm...
Old May 30, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by rdh0924
Looks like this deal is no longer bookable, or the AM website is having technical issues. Flights are still showing up on Google but to push it through I'd have to use a third-party booking website like Expedia. Hmm...
OTAs work just fine for booking these BCN-GRU trips. In fact, it was widely reported that they were not bookable on AM without some crazy work around. I found that to be true

I just booked a third one yesterday on Chase Ultimate Rewards, which I believe is run by Expedia. Amex Travel also would book, and offered the option of return segments on KLM or AF.

One major caveat is making certain that your DL number is in the record and printed on your BP. It appears that AM does not automatically give credit for their segments, so you must call or message DL and supply BP with ticket numbers in order to be credited properly. I plan to do so again this time, but immediately after the trip is completed instead of waiting for something that will not happen.

Old May 30, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
One major caveat is making certain that your DL number is in the record and printed on your BP. It appears that AM does not automatically give credit for their segments, so you must call or message DL and supply BP with ticket numbers in order to be credited properly.
I am now three days after taking the flights and AM miles were not credited even the DL number is present in the booking and printed on BP. AF flights posted with no issues. This is insane, will be also calling DL in few days.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by sinus
I am now three days after taking the flights and AM miles were not credited even the DL number is present in the booking and printed on BP. AF flights posted with no issues. This is insane, will be also calling DL in few days.
FWIW I did a mileage run on AM back in December and it took five days to post. Give it a few more and it *might* show up.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:42 am

OTAs work just fine for booking these BCN-GRU trips. In fact, it was widely reported that they were not bookable on AM without some crazy work around. I found that to be true

I just booked a third one yesterday on Chase Ultimate Rewards, which I believe is run by Expedia. Amex Travel also would book, and offered the option of return segments on KLM or AF.

One major caveat is making certain that your DL number is in the record and printed on your BP. It appears that AM does not automatically give credit for their segments, so you must call or message DL and supply BP with ticket numbers in order to be credited properly. I plan to do so again this time, but immediately after the trip is completed instead of waiting for something that will not happen.

About a week ago it would’ve allowed me to check out on the AM website. Problem is I have an AM ecredit that needs to be booked directly through AM by phone. Hopefully it’s just a bug and will correct itself in a while.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Just completed the trip
- as I expected, Air France and KLM service/seats/crew/food/lounges very classy, Aeromexico pretty average
- AF online check-in offered upgrade to La Premiere on AF flight CDG-MEX for 2120€ (of course did not take advantage of it)
- boarding passes were not issued online, had to visit counter in BCN for the vaccination check, check-in was smooth
- MEX airport messy as always, terminal change takes quite a while (airtrain). Masks obligatory on a flight to GRU, crew was very annoying with reminding if someone took it off. Luckily during sleep they didn't bother. On the AF/KL flights masks were not necessary.
- for the flights out of GRU, on-line checkin was possible, however they had to reprint the bp at the gate. I flew on the 31st May and this was the first day of the GOL lounge re-open, which is pretty decent. Access both for AM business class and Priority Pass.
- MEX T1 lounge for AF/KL is really good, food a'la carte and attentive staff, however it's 15min walk from the gates where CDG/AMS flights depart. Pretty crazy.
- KLM flight from MEX to AMS was delayed more than 3h hence lost a connection to BCN and they have put me on a later flight. Arrived more than 4h later so I claimed for the 600 EUR compensation (chances are low, the reason of delay was the wind forecast change so the plane was too heavy and they had to unload the cargo before take off).
- miles for the AM segments did not post at all, will be calling Delta to retro-claim (Edit: miles for the GRU-MEX segment showed after 2 days, MEX-GRU still not)
- might do the trip again if it gets a bit cheaper. I have paid approx 950€ using Scandinavian OTA, now the price is 1100€. Also, was pretty sure the I class will give 200% MQMs but it's only 150% in Delta - my fault didn't check it carefully. So will need to wait a bit longer for my Diamond status.
dcjono, DALtoAAL, rdh0924 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by sinus; Jun 2, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:24 pm

Am bcn - gru

The best fare I've been able to find is C class in January 2023. Anybody have anything better than that?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by NKyExplorer
The best fare I've been able to find is C class in January 2023. Anybody have anything better than that?
best fare is 1235EUR in October.

I had a nightmare with the Dutch AeroMexico call center while trying to rebook my itinerary.

I thought their flexible travel waiver had the option to get an EMD reimbursement - but not really - although the website tells another story.
So I had to rebook my flight in the last minute. Only the fifth agent was able to help out - later i found out that this specific call was handled by their Houston call center, not the Dutch call center. The Dutch quoted horrendous fare change prices or just hung up after a while. I just got curious when the agent asked me what the current time is in Barcelona

Issues with rebooking were mostly the inability of the agents to handle multisegment itineraries and price them correctly. I had researched all flights in I class and gave them the flight numbers.
problem #1 - they could not find the codeshare flights to CDG or AMS - most probably because they tried to enter these as single segments. asking for a BCN-MEX flight - they could get the codeshare segments.
problem #2 - repricing - all of the agents seemed to price each segment individually - hence i should pay a fare difference of over 5000$ - they just said that rebooking is more expensive than a new booking - utter .........
problem #3 - knowledge about married segments

In the end I got a rebooking for October with a modest fare difference of 179$ - on the other hand side they messed up the fare bucket codes on the outbound. I am now booked in C and J which gives extra miles with Flying Blue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.