Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
yes, it will be a stop over. so I can simply ignore the "final" leg right?
There's a high chance that you would not get the miles credited.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Unless he credit miles to Singapore KrisFlyer there should be no issues for missing that leg. Ofc you wouldn't get the miles for the last segment SIN-AMD
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ristasm
Unless he credit miles to Singapore KrisFlyer there should be no issues for missing that leg. Ofc you wouldn't get the miles for the last segment SIN-AMD
Thanks. For Alaska MP, miles are credited only if the whole trip was taken, correct?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks. For Alaska MP, miles are credited only if the whole trip was taken, correct?
You should have no issues getting the miles from the flown segments don't worry. The only possible problem you could have is if you credit miles to the program of the operating airline and missing the last segment (they don't like that).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by ristasm
what will happen if I credit to SQ KF?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
There's a high chance that you would not get the miles credited.
which miles? SIN-AMD? since I am not flying, I do not expect the miles to be credited
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
what will happen if I credit to SQ KF?
I have no experience there but i think if you do it one time it wouldn't be much of a trouble, if you repeat it for a few times they could terminate your account or even ask you to pay the fare difference because your destination was different. Anyway it doesn't mean you would get any troubles i'm just saying it's possible.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:45 pm

Thanks, everybody. I have heard that airlines like punishing passengers for not completing the entire trip. In this example, SQ can exclude business passengers from SIN who have no time to position to AMD from taking advantage of this fare deal.

I have not done the research on which airlines enforce this rule.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, everybody. I have heard that airlines like punishing passengers for not completing the entire trip. In this example, SQ can exclude business passengers from SIN who have no time to position to AMD from taking advantage of this fare deal.

I have not done the research on which airlines enforce this rule.
If you're on about skipping the first leg, this is completely standard everywhere. Not even worth bothering attempting.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Just to update:
Did a turnaround SQ 530 & 531 on same day. In & out of gate in 35 mins tops.
So a same flight/day turnaround is doable at AMD.
Lounge at AMD (plaza premium) is closed. SGD20 in-flight voucher is given.
Was this a MR? I'd only consider doing a turn at AMD if I were to book this AMD-EWR fare.
Positioning flights are quite draining after a while especially at non hub airports ..

No check-in bag.
Yes, both arriving then departing immigration. Do note that i go on e-Visa lane that has no Q.
If you are doing SQ turnaround, IMO do not check in any bag as you may not have much time to collect.
Thanks for the updates on AMD, are arrivals & departures segregate at the terminal (like HKG/BKK) or mixed like SIN/KUL?
If you had no checked bags, couldn't you go to the transfer area & entered the departure gates w/o clearing immigration?
Did you remember seeing an APEC lane? Or I guess applying for an eVisa should speed up the immigration process.

Was my first time in India too
eVisa lane on arrival/airside, you will see it down the escalator, very small and simple airport.
landside no eVisa/premium lane. Only few immigration. No Q when i cleared.
Don't worry! You have plenty time to wait around still & that's if you have no checked bag.
I've been mulling over this, I might book this for next summer. It'll be pretty tough not to have a checked bag when going to EWR from SIN tho'
Anyway the fares are available for certain date pairs in July 2019, seems like there is a 5 day min.
Fare in J is INR 164,500 (USD 2.4k / SGD 3.3k) + INR 2,000 more if you add a stopover in SIN on the inbound.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I am still deciding between this flight or DEL-JFK on Malaysia & JAL . Skytrax reviews are more favorable towards JAL . any opinions ?
I will be using this in JAN and I was debating if its better to fly with SIA since I wont have to change airport in freezing temps in Tokyo. Thoughts?
Umm more favorable towards JAL than SQ? I'd take Skytrax reviews with a pinch of salt - they've got a reputation ..
i've got a trip to Sapporo (CTS) in Jan. & since JAL doesn't fly KUL-HND, I've added an additional night in Tokyo (booking the Pullman Tamachi) on the outbound, and another 4N on the inbound. Of course, there's also the airport bus shuttle that goes between NRT & HND.
Will be happy to update after the trip but I'm confident that JAL experience will be awesome.
It's a tough call for you to make especially if both fares are similar in price.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
If your options are SQ DEL-SIN-EWR vs JL DEL-HND/NRT-JFK or JL&MH DEL-KUL-HND/NRT-JFK, I would opt for SQ.
That ignores status earning considerations. If the MH&JL ticket will make the difference between becoming OW Emerald or not I can see why you would go the MH&JL route.
But there will be a lot of extra time in the additional connections.
+1 on the status earn
Is it not possible to book JL/MH DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK?
DEL-KUL is on the A333 so it should be a pretty comfortable flight (vs. the 738)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:41 am

Was my first time in India too
eVisa lane on arrival/airside, you will see it down the escalator, very small and simple airport.

landside no eVisa/premium lane. Only few immigration. No Q when i cleared. Don't worry! You have plenty time to wait around still & thats if you have no checked bag.
How did you check in for your return flight? Mobile boarding pass or self print boarding pass? Or paper boarding pass at Changi?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Is this deal still alive?Cannot find it. target dates are AMD EWR sometime in mid Dec or Jan. Return will be ( EWR-AMD) in Nov 2019.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:12 am

the fare is still published but depends on availability of the booking class (the lowest/non-refundable business class D).
also, you cannot buy tickets for more than 1 year ahead.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by kaffir76
It'll be pretty tough not to have a checked bag when going to EWR from SIN tho'
Depends on the length of the trip. For me, any trip up to a week, luggage checking is not necessary; even for trips of a week plus, it may not be needed. YMMV, of course.

I had bad luck with checked luggage, so I have given up luggage checking all together. Some benefits from my POV:

1) Faster exit - my average reentry time into the US after deplaning and out of the airport is less than minutes (thanks to GE)
2) Ease of public transport use to/from airport
3) NO BAGGAGE ISSUES TO DEAL WITH even during IRROPs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.