Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:54 pm

Still alive but AMD to SIN in econ?

I see that this fare is still somewhat alive. However the first segment is in economy. It's a 5-hour flight. Not pleasant in econ.

Has anyone still found business class for all segments in this journey? Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I see that this fare is still somewhat alive. However the first segment is in economy. It's a 5-hour flight. Not pleasant in econ.

Has anyone still found business class for all segments in this journey? Thanks.
You need to enter both segments separately, and there will be a SIN layover >24 hrs. Then you'll get the same route all in business at the same price.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:07 am

Just to update:
Did a turnaround sq530 & 531 on same day. In & out of gate in 35 mins tops.
So a same flight/day turnaround is doable at AMD.
Lounge at AMD (plaza premium) is closed. SGD20 in-flight voucher is given.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Just to update:
Thanks, good to know!

Have been both flights on one ticket? How did you manage to check in at AMD? I assume OLCI has not been an option.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I am still deciding between this flight or DEL-JFK on Malaysian & JAL . Skytrax reviews are more favorable towards JAL . any opinions ?
I will be using this in JAN and I was debating if its better to fly with SIA since I wont have to change airport in freezing temps in Tokyo. Thoughts?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I am still deciding between this flight or DEL-JFK on Malaysian & JAL . Skytrax reviews are more favorable towards JAL . any opinions ?
I will be using this in JAN and I was debating if its better to fly with SIA since I wont have to change airport in freezing temps in Tokyo. Thoughts?
If your options are SQ DEL-SIN-EWR vs JL DEL-HND/NRT-JFK or JL&MH DEL-KUL-HND/NRT-JFK, I would opt for SQ. That ignores status earning considerations. If the MH&JL ticket will make the difference between becoming OW Emerald or not I can see why you would go the MH&JL route. But there will be a lot of extra time in the additional connections.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
If your options are SQ DEL-SIN-EWR vs JL DEL-HND/NRT-JFK or JL&MH DEL-KUL-HND/NRT-JFK, I would opt for SQ. That ignores status earning considerations. If the MH&JL ticket will make the difference between becoming OW Emerald or not I can see why you would go the MH&JL route. But there will be a lot of extra time in the additional connections.
Thanks for your feedback , I will be crediting this to AS -22k with SQ and 12k with JAL,either of them is fine , since this is such a long journey and I will be stopping in SE asia (fly out to BKK from either KUL or SIN) for 2 weeks I care more about service and comfort more than miles tbh .
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Just to update:
Thanks for the update. Did you have any check-in bags? So, did you go through immigration?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:22 pm

Thanks for your feedback , I will be crediting this to AS -22k with SQ and 12k with JAL,either of them is fine , since this is such a long journey and I will be stopping in SE asia (fly out to BKK from either KUL or SIN) for 2 weeks I care more about service and comfort more than miles tbh .
Please be aware that since the DEL-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK fare is sold by MH, there is an MH code on the HND-JFK segment. As a result, you won't be able to credit the JAL flight to AS since MH is not a partner airline.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Robert
Please be aware that since the DEL-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK fare is sold by MH, there is an MH code on the HND-JFK segment. As a result, you won't be able to credit the JAL flight to AS since MH is not a partner airline.
thanks , this is helpful , makes it easy for me to decide . Hopefully no such thing with SQ , they all appear to be booking in D
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:52 pm

Where did you guys book , I am unable to book the non stop option . , I tried going through GF and also directly on SIA website. It only shows me SIN-FRA-JFK option on SIA and only this option works through GF. Please help!!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Where did you guys book , I am unable to book the non stop option . , I tried going through GF and also directly on SIA website. It only shows me SIN-FRA-JFK option on SIA and only this option works through GF. Please help!!
What dates? The flight doesn't start operating until October.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
What dates? The flight doesn't start operating until October.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=A...02*.CAD.175502

when i click on the link it brings me to main page
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=A...02*.CAD.175502

when i click on the link it brings me to main page

This fare is only available for sale in India. Have you tried using an Indian OTA? Yatra perhaps.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
This fare is only available for sale in India. Have you tried using an Indian OTA? Yatra perhaps.
I'll try , I think they are sold out on some dates cuz on other dates(that i cant use) SIA website works fine, thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.