Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by swingaling
What's you plan for positioning to CMB cost effectively?
KUL-CMB Isn’t bad like 3 hours and can be ~200usd. Fairly easy to get to KUL
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by swingaling
What's you plan for positioning to CMB cost effectively?
Well at the moment my only option beyond miles is using the return of my CAI-ORD RJ booking later this year coupled with a ow CAI-CMB ticket (or Male depending on my splurging ability )
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by footastic

KUL-CMB Isn’t bad like 3 hours and can be ~200usd. Fairly easy to get to KUL
It's as low as £39 / $55 on Air Asia at the moment (yes, I've been considering the same thing).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The blackout date is the even longer than last year so I am delighted that I locked in another one world carrier for my trip in August late last year.

Sadly I think for me, that my days of flying QR are numbered as I won't play the rip off summer fares game with any airline. I need to travel in August and too many other carriers offer attractive fares and decent products to pay the QR summer premium.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:07 pm

As some people said, not many of really good deals for me. Ended up booking ARN - DOH - PER // 3 days // - BNE // 2 days // - MEL // 1 day // - DOH - OSL in May for around 1730 EUR, mainly because of the possibility to visit a few distant Australian cities in one trip and also fly PER-BNE leg on QF 330 with newish business class, plus 2 A380 legs that I hope to upgrade to F. Was extremely difficult to price out the stopovers, but in the end managed to do it on OTA. QR own web-site doesn't seem to allow for leg inputs that either start or end in DOH.
Hopefully some better offers will be loaded in the next few days.

UPD: maybe worth checking the lower price for the routing mentioned in the other thread . On some very rare dates you can get OSL-DOH-AKL-PPT round trip all in business for around 2200 EUR, including stopovers in NZ. Didn't try the discount code, maybe it can be brought even more down.

Last edited by maxvor; Jan 9, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Agent69
Does this count as Ex EU?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by maxvor
As some people said, not many of really good deals for me. Ended up booking ARN - DOH - PER // 3 days // - BNE // 2 days // - MEL // 1 day // - DOH - OSL in May for around 1730 EUR, mainly because of the possibility to visit a few distant Australian cities in one trip and also fly PER-BNE leg on QF 330 with newish business class, plus 2 A380 legs that I hope to upgrade to F. Was extremely difficult to price out the stopovers, but in the end managed to do it on OTA. QR own web-site doesn't seem to allow for leg inputs that either start or end in DOH.
Hopefully some better offers will be loaded in the next few days.

UPD: maybe worth checking the lower price for the routing mentioned in the other thread . On some very rare dates you can get OSL-DOH-AKL-PPT round trip all in business for around 2200 EUR, including stopovers in NZ. Didn't try the discount code, maybe it can be brought even more down.
PPT is interesting. Was mucking around with various South Pacific locations I could hit using the AKL fare but was difficult to find somewhere interesting that worked. Need to renew my efforts now (though I have booked ARN-KUL/SGN-ARN with a trip to REP and Angkor Wat in between)

Would echo others on fares not being standout vs. competition, with other OW carriers seeming to offer cheaper fares to likes of BKK
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Some departure cities with great fares in 2016 and 2017 seem absent this year, the Amsterdam-sale for example has nothing to get really excited about. Cities that do have good deals require sometimes expensive fares for positioning and/or hotels so in the end it makes no difference..
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by divrdrew
This is far from a "Global" sale. J is blacked out all summer and not even available ex-US. Yesterday showed JFK to Katmandu for $1390 but it's gone today (tried to book yesterday, but only found $14k fares). These prices are no real bargain. Most routes have similar prices readily available on other airlines. Last year's sale was great, but since that sale, all QR's "sales" have been quite pitiful for those of us in the States. Looks like very few real "sale" fares out there this go around.
Maybe you all need to give a call to those nasty CEO's of DL, AA, UA. I think for QR, this is called revenge
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Ended up booking ARN - DOH - PER // 3 days // - BNE // 2 days // - MEL // 1 day // - DOH - OSL in May for around 1730 EUR.
I know such a routing has been discussed before on FT but for the life of me cannot find the thread. Can you give some hints on how best to construct this? Are the domestic flights QR codeshares? Any fare rules - is this booking into I class instead of R class?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Travel agent is your best friend above
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by sonicfly
but segments DOH-MUC/MUC-DOH are operated by LATAM A350 aircrafts with J configuration 2-2-2
MUC will get the QR B777 double daily from the end of March
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Booked OSL-AKL/SIN-MUC NOK 14620
Had to use Expert Flyer to see R Fare availability and choose proper flights. Tried first with QR website and AMEX Travel -no good.

Last edited by zebranz; Jan 10, 2018 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Morgo
I know such a routing has been discussed before on FT but for the life of me cannot find the thread. Can you give some hints on how best to construct this? Are the domestic flights QR codeshares? Any fare rules - is this booking into I class instead of R class?
The fare is ARN-BNE, and it allows QF flight numbers and a stopover in Area 3. Domestic leg bears QF flight numbers and books into QF's I class. QR legs book into R.
Constructing this in principle should be possible with any OTA that allows complicated itineraries with more than 2 legs, but you need R availability on QR legs and I availability on QF. ITA is not a good friend with that, since its QR inventory is known to have problems.
But yeah, any brick and mortar travel agent will make your life easier.
Morgo likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Aus is best into ADL or CBR. For example:

OSL-ADL-ARN $1945
OSL-CBR-ARN $1991

Marginally more expensive for non-openJaw options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.