Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
By "sale" you mean something like £800 OSL/ARN/CPH-SIM RT in J?

I guess it really depends on how much you value a business class ticket after all. I personally do not see it being a rip off paying £980 for HEL-BKK R/T.

It's like investing isn't it? You enter the marker when it's hitting your price.

​​​​​
GK1981 and Great_circle like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
fyi:

Extra savings of up to 10% for mobile bookers

As an extra gift for mobile bookers, we are offering savings of up to 10% on all flight bookings* made on your mobile between 24 – 30 January. Simply enter promo code GOMOBILE at the time of booking to take advantage of this exclusive discount
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by cysyuen
By "sale" you mean something like £800 OSL/ARN/CPH-SIM RT in J?

I guess it really depends on how much you value a business class ticket after all. I personally do not see it being a rip off paying £980 for HEL-BKK R/T.

It's like investing isn't it? You enter the marker when it's hitting your price.

​​​​​
Where is SIM?

I think HEL to BKK is a good price
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Where is SIM?

I think they mean SIN (Singapore).

I think so too and booked it last week!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Where is SIM?

SIN. Typed it on my phone. My bad.

Referring to the code for mobile booking discount. Also, Qatar managed to reissue the ticket to get the name corrected. Skipped the part with the OTA. Feels so good, unlike BA when they just leave you hanging untill the last moment or just tell you to go back to the TA.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by shandy01
fyi:Extra savings of up to 10% for mobile bookers

As an extra gift for mobile bookers, we are offering savings of up to 10% on all flight bookings* made on your mobile between 24 – 30 January. Simply enter promo code GOMOBILE at the time of booking to take advantage of this exclusive discount
Excellent, thanks, but how do you book multi-city trips on a mobile?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by shandy01
fyi:

Extra savings of up to 10% for mobile bookers

I must be doing something incredibly wrong because the same itinerary I entered into the mobile app with that code as I did on the website (without a discount code) actually came back as more expensive than the website! Only by US$79, but still.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:33 pm

QATAR WEBSITE
As an extra gift for mobile bookers, we are offering savings of up to 10% on all flight bookings* made on your mobile between 24 – 30 January. Simply enter promo code GOMOBILE at the time of booking take advantage of this exclusive discount. Conditions apply. Offer excludes Doha as a final destination.

*Terms and conditions apply

Terms and conditions
o Sales period: 24 - 30 January 2018

o Travel period: travel should be completed until 30th June 2018

o Offer valid on Qatar Airways operated flights only.

o Offer applies exclusively for bookings made on mobile devices.

o Purchases can only be made through qatarairways.com by entering the promotional code GOMOBILE at the time of booking.

o The promo code is not valid on any itinerary where Doha is the final destination.

o Offer valid on Economy Class and Business Class only.

o There may be periods where the current fares available are the lowest in the market and a discount may not be applicable on that route.

o Some flights may not connect and so may not be available. Please review at time of booking.

o Fares displayed will already include the applicable discounts.

o Discount applies to air fare only. Discounts do not apply to taxes, surcharges and all other standard market surcharges.

o Qatar Airways will not be responsible for any fare differences if customers fail to enter the promotional code GOMIBLE at the time of booking.

o Seats are limited and might not be available on all flights.

o Changes / Cancellations: Depending on the class booked, a fee may be applicable. Please review at the time of booking.

o Minimum Stay / Maximum Stay rules apply, depending on class booked. Please review at the time of booking.

o For full terms and conditions, please review at the time of booking.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by yuiop
C'mon folks, we should be clear about one thing... THERE IS NO SALE! This is the "fake news" equivalent of a sale.

Someone at QR HQ had the bright idea of launching a "fake sale". Issue press statements to drum up publicity around a "global sale", time it around the same time as an actual sale in previous years, and then leave prices unchanged. GOTCHA!

Look at any GDS and you will see that no new fares have been loaded by QR related to this "sale".

Most of the "deals" mentioned in this thread are from the usual deal origins and were available long before this "sale" was even announced.
Yes, QR really did fool us this year.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FatAlbert
Yes, QR really did fool us this year.
I think it is more likely that QR wants to make you appreciate a real global sale which will come eventually. This GTB is not global, but there were certainly deals limited to very select origins/ destinations.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
It seems like the not-sale has not ended. Fares for all the routes I am tracking have not changed since January 16th/19th/22nd.

Given that fares during the blackout period actually increased during the not-sale, I'm waiting for this joke of a sale to properly end, so then, hopefully, I can, buy flights during the blackout period at a better price.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Unionruler
I think it is more likely that QR wants to make you appreciate a real global sale which will come eventually.
But still, OSL-DPS for 1620,- euros is better than what one usually sees. Am travelling on holiday right now and cannot easily discuss with colleagues about taking time off for the next trip so I’m wondering how long these will stay available.

(Perhaps ‘book now, apologise later’ strategy :-)
polochick likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Great_circle

But still, OSL-DPS for 1620,- euros is better than what one usually sees. Am travelling on holiday right now and cannot easily discuss with colleagues about taking time off for the next trip so I’m wondering how long these will stay available.

(Perhaps ‘book now, apologise later’ strategy :-)
A common tactic from me in my office lol
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:23 pm

Still by far the best deal from Europe to Asia is HEL-CNX for 1144 EUR with GOMOBILE
Use an emulator if you want to use the code on your desktop.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Croupier
Still by far the best deal from Europe to Asia is HEL-CNX for 1144 EUR
You’re not wrong! This is PRECISELY the itinerary that Mrs PtF and I are currently half-way through. Some of our CNX experiences (possibly of interest if you are planning a same day onward connection) are available to read in the QR forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.