Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
GGLwannebe, Be careful, June 9 till 10th of September is black out period for this sale.
I'm aware of that, but my point remains, that some fares have actually increased during this so called travel festival, and even if I look outside the blackout period, the reductions I am seeing, on the routes I have been viewing, are scant, and nothing like the very significant reductions of previous years. There may be better deals from or to other continents, but I'm simply relating my experience. I suppose the other point to add is that the blackout period is much longer this year than I can remember in previous years.

For me at least this is currently a very poor sale. Does anyone have an idea if there are likely to be any last-minute further reductions as the sale draws to a close?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I'm aware of that, but my point remains, that some fares have actually increased during this so called travel festival, and even if I look outside the blackout period, the reductions I am seeing, on the routes I have been viewing, are scant, and nothing like the very significant reductions of previous years. There may be better deals from or to other continents, but I'm simply relating my experience. I suppose the other point to add is that the blackout period is much longer this year than I can remember in previous years.

For me at least this is currently a very poor sale. Does anyone have an idea if there are likely to be any last-minute further reductions as the sale draws to a close?
My gut feeling is that they haven't fully loaded the J sale fares yet as there don't appear to be any really good deals - and as we all know, they are usually very good with a few stunners thrown in.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
My gut feeling is that they haven't fully loaded the J sale fares yet as there don't appear to be any really good deals - and as we all know, they are usually very good with a few stunners thrown in.
I have the same feeling. For example, when I checked the France site, the Economy offers were loaded, but not the Premium ones.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Hope you are right. But this time it is just 2x Qmiles and not 5x miles. disappointing!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:10 am

Nothing worth mentioning or booking out of BKK ( or HKT) to anywhere. Is this really the big sale, or their normal once a month " great deals on travel" email?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Some OTAs are cheaper, e.g. Flights - Airline Tickets | tripsta® | tripsta.co.uk. I generally try and book direct, but at £110 cheaper per person, I'll take the risk of using an OTA.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Just booking ARN-KUL for a quick tier point run. Doesn't require any hotels. Day trip into Doha during daytime layover, a day wandering KUL and having some food and then fly home. Lovely. FWIW, the promo code PCGTBGIFT didn't work.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beepee

code : PCGTBGIFT
This was reducing my quoted price earlier this morning, but I'm now seeing a message saying that “This offer is no longer valid. However, you may continue to book using our standard fares.(CUG012)”.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:24 am

Still working for me. It only shaves ~40€ though...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by justatourist
Still working for me. It only shaves ~40€ though...
Aha, it's working again when I set my location/language to anything other than Global-English - my whopping SEK770 discount is back!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
wrong thread, sorry
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jase76
Some OTAs are cheaper, e.g. Flights - Airline Tickets | tripsta® | tripsta.co.uk. I generally try and book direct, but at £110 cheaper per person, I'll take the risk of using an OTA.
How about take advantage of the Qatar best price guarantee offer that they have?

Surely they will refund the difference if you can prove a lower fare
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:58 am

Qatar website suddenly extremely slow.... hopefully they're loading some amazing deals!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by salehir
How about take advantage of the Qatar best price guarantee offer that they have?

Surely they will refund the difference if you can prove a lower fare
I have been burnt by such guarantees a few times, so generally don't bother / believe them. Three times companies have found a way out.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:54 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jase76
I have been burnt by such guarantees a few times, so generally don't bother / believe them. Three times companies have found a way out.
Not sure about you but I've had much success with price guarantees. The key is to read into the terms and conditions, ensuring that you fulfill all criteria stipulated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.