Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by etiene
I notice just about every half-decent fare rules out double open-jaws - has this always been common with QR?
I managed to book and fly TXL-DOH-KUL // PVG-DOH-LHR in QR J last year but from memory at least one of the legs was I class rather than R so pushed the price up a bit but I desperately wanted to try QSuites.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
QR J CMB-xDOH-CDG/FRA/GVA ARN-xDOH-HKG

Got a good open jaw and quite useful for someone living in HKG. I can catch the CX HKG-CMB which gets me in around 11:30pm the day before. And then I catch the 3am QR CMB-DOH flight

QR J CMB-xDOH-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-xDOH-HKG

Can get this for c.US$1675 after applying the discount code on the QR website!

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...tt=m;sc=b;a=QR

I ended up booking CMB -xDOH-LHR ARN-xDOH-HKG instead for c.US$1850 as it would be more convenient for me to go straight to LHR instead of buying another flight from CDG-LHR

Last edited by ermen; Jan 11, 2018 at 5:15 am
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
WDH-DUB return at $1,121 is quite good, 787s on all segments
Any DPs what would happen if we don't use the return portion of the trip? This is one of those cases when RT costs less than a OW.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Any DPs what would happen if we don't use the return portion of the trip? This is one of those cases when RT costs less than a OW.
The return legs would be cancelled but the airline would not care. No issues doing this.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Unionruler
WDH-DUB return at $1,121 is quite good, 787s on all segments
Is this the cheapest that anyone is finding? Trying to max out CPM here.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Got a good open jaw and quite useful for someone living in HKG. I can catch the CX HKG-CMB which gets me in around 11:30pm the day before. And then I catch the 3am QR CMB-DOH flight

QR J CMB-xDOH-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-xDOH-HKG

Can get this for c.US$1675 after applying the discount code on the QR website!

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...tt=m;sc=b;a=QR

I ended up booking CMB -xDOH-LHR ARN-xDOH-HKG instead for c.US$1850 as it would be more convenient for me to go straight to LHR instead of buying another flight from CDG-LHR

Think I saw HKG-CDG round trip was around 16,000 HKD (under $2,000) - which is probably a better deal than $1675 once you factor in time/cost of getting to CMB?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by uktraveller212

Think I saw HKG-CDG round trip was around 16,000 HKD (under $2,000) - which is probably a better deal than $1675 once you factor in time/cost of getting to CMB?
that is a good point.
in my case though i have a spare CX J HKG-CMB ticket that I need to use. Hence made some sense for me to go down to CMB.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:12 am

C'mon folks, we should be clear about one thing... THERE IS NO SALE! This is the "fake news" equivalent of a sale.

Someone at QR HQ had the bright idea of launching a "fake sale". Issue press statements to drum up publicity around a "global sale", time it around the same time as an actual sale in previous years, and then leave prices unchanged. GOTCHA!

Look at any GDS and you will see that no new fares have been loaded by QR related to this "sale".

Most of the "deals" mentioned in this thread are from the usual deal origins and were available long before this "sale" was even announced.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Hi got a ticket for OSL-MEL-OSL. Thinking of going over to NZ, could anyone please tell me how many Avios + taxes it would cost to go from Melbourne (AU) to Christchurch (NZ) return in both Economy/Business. Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
C'mon folks, we should be clear about one thing... THERE IS NO SALE! This is the "fake news" equivalent of a sale.
Yep, that's about the size of it; but worse, QR have tried to make it look more like a sale by increasing the prices from most European cities during the blackout period, so fares in the non-black-out period do look cheaper.

The biggest discount I have seen on fares ex-europe to the far east outside the blackout period is around 5-6%, and some fares have actually risen. There are a few very good deals to be had from various places in Africa, but some of these had been floating around before the sale.

I would be tempted to book Finnair LHR-BKK-LHR for £1499 even during the middle of QR's blackout period (and therefore presumably the height of the summer 'rush'), but I've already got 3 flights booked though Helsinki this year, and am looking for a change.

My view is that QR won't sell many seats out of Europe in this so-called sale, so something a lot better should come along later, perhaps in February. I'm going to hold out for that.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Yep, that's about the size of it; but worse, QR have tried to make it look more like a sale by increasing the prices from most European cities during the blackout period, so fares in the non-black-out period do look cheaper.

The biggest discount I have seen on fares ex-europe to the far east outside the blackout period is around 5-6%, and some fares have actually risen. There are a few very good deals to be had from various places in Africa, but some of these had been floating around before the sale.

I would be tempted to book Finnair LHR-BKK-LHR for £1499 even during the middle of QR's blackout period (and therefore presumably the height of the summer 'rush'), but I've already got 3 flights booked though Helsinki this year, and am looking for a change.

My view is that QR won't sell many seats out of Europe in this so-called sale, so something a lot better should come along later, perhaps in February. I'm going to hold out for that.
you may be right. i can bet Qatar made 50 times more sales (in revenue) during similar sale last year than this year.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Hi got a ticket for OSL-MEL-OSL. Thinking of going over to NZ, could anyone please tell me how many Avios + taxes it would cost to go from Melbourne (AU) to Christchurch (NZ) return in both Economy/Business. Thanks
www.ba.com
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by skunker
Tried that and it just give me an error message.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Just booked HEL-BKK for travel in April for 11,900 SEK. Separate ticket ARN-HEL on Finnair was about 600 SEK so all in all, a very good value. Would be great to fly again on QR and hopefully get BA Gold status after this flight. Thanks for all the tips
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Tried that and it just give me an error message.
Taxes I can't say but Avios should be 10k in Economy and 20k in Business according to this post. The route length is 1504mi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.