Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ermen
  • Sale period: 9 until 16 January 2018.
  • Travel period: 9 January until 10 December 2018. All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
  • Blackout dates: 9 June until 10 September 2018
Promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount

Best Fares

Ex Asia
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA return for c.US$1600
CMB-FRA/CDG/GVA ARN-HKG for c.US$1675

Ex Europe
HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)
Print Wikipost

QR Travel Boutique Sale Jan 9 - Jan 19 (extended)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Pretty sure this thread should be closed at this point. There is little to nothing of value to anyone in this 'boutique' sale.
Woody12354 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:18 pm

Hi guys,

I'm interested in booking the pinned fare (HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)). Unfortunately, the promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount doesn't work for me. After adding the code the price is still the same. Anyone can help me out?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by feitlinger
Hi guys,

I'm interested in booking the pinned fare (HEL-BKK-HEL (B787 & A380) for €1080 (min 2 pax)). Unfortunately, the promo code PCGTBGIFT for 5% discount doesn't work for me. After adding the code the price is still the same. Anyone can help me out?
I have had the same problem but have no idea why it is not working. If you are UK based you can try TCB for 2% rebate and promo code UKGTBAFFILIATE for 5% (if it works but may be for UK departures only)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by florens
Taxes I can't say but Avios should be 10k in Economy and 20k in Business according to this post. The route length is 1504mi.
Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Yep, that's about the size of it; but worse, QR have tried to make it look more like a sale by increasing the prices from most European cities during the blackout period, so fares in the non-black-out period do look cheaper.

The biggest discount I have seen on fares ex-europe to the far east outside the blackout period is around 5-6%, and some fares have actually risen. There are a few very good deals to be had from various places in Africa, but some of these had been floating around before the sale.

I would be tempted to book Finnair LHR-BKK-LHR for £1499 even during the middle of QR's blackout period (and therefore presumably the height of the summer 'rush'), but I've already got 3 flights booked though Helsinki this year, and am looking for a change.

My view is that QR won't sell many seats out of Europe in this so-called sale, so something a lot better should come along later, perhaps in February. I'm going to hold out for that.
+1
Similar situation. I had quite a few trips with BA last year, and have a couple more booked for this year. I really want to fly with QR more for a change. The time for HEL-BKK-HEL is a headache to me, departure in the morning from HEL means I need to get to HEL one night before + hotel. Departure from HEL with a night flight would require me to have a 10 hrs transit time. This QR sale became a torture after I had enough of it from BA last year and possibly a bit more next week. I was going to choose AY(nothing special) or GA(good but 25-32 hours transit at CGK) to fly with after all as I did not feel confident that QR is going to make a real thing. Knowing that BA got AMS-BKK on sale for quite some time now, Somehow I found a ticket AMS-BKK-HEL on QR just now at £1270(similar to BA’s price after all) and I booked immediately with no hesitation. The price is decent, and mor eimpoetantly the timing is perfect for my travel dates. I suspect QR might have to extend their promotion this time around since the feedback is not so great from a lot of their fans here. Their website doesn’t seem even ready at the start of their sales and just in a few more day. I chose my seats after the ticket was bought, from what I can see there were quite a lot seats are still unassigned. Maybe it means something.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
Preferred Mileage Program to Credit?

Any recommendations on which mileage program this should be credited to?

I just bought DEL-IAD-DEL for my mom in Biz (books into R) for $2760. I'm debating which OW program to sign her up for... Its unlikely that she will she will fly much more on OW (although a summer Europe trip is in the plan but she'll likely prefer a direct flight on a European carrier).
QR seems like the logical choice :- The booking said that she will get approx. 10,510 Qmiles each way for these flights. That is without the 2x promo (which will only credit to QMiles), making it over 40K for the trip.

Before I signed her up just wondering if anyone here thinks it should be to another carrier .. and why?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by Karan97
Any recommendations on which mileage program this should be credited to?

I just bought DEL-IAD-DEL for my mom in Biz (books into R) for $2760. I'm debating which OW program to sign her up for... Its unlikely that she will she will fly much more on OW (although a summer Europe trip is in the plan but she'll likely prefer a direct flight on a European carrier).
QR seems like the logical choice :- The booking said that she will get approx. 10,510 Qmiles each way for these flights. That is without the 2x promo (which will only credit to QMiles), making it over 40K for the trip.

Before I signed her up just wondering if anyone here thinks it should be to another carrier .. and why?
I believe the 2X Qmiles is by invitation only. If she isn't a PC member and hasn't been invited to subscribe for the promotion, she is unlikely to receive 2X miles.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
The pre-sale CMB-PHL fare is still available, albeit slightly cheaper, and represents great value. I had bought one for $1,436 (used code PCSPECIAL) when it first came up in Dec; bought another one for $1,345 with 2X Qmiles (used code PCGTBGIFT) yesterday. It was cheaper at $1,307 if 2 people were to travel together.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
MPM-DOH-MEL return at $1,800 before any discount code
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by hartwith
Pretty sure this thread should be closed at this point. There is little to nothing of value to anyone in this 'boutique' sale.
I personally found it ideal. I wanted to go to AKL in November/December, so having that come up for £1350pp for me was a great deal
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Still no golden ticket sighting.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Yep, and that was the Thursday evening last year if I recall correctly.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Did they mention anything about golden tickets this year?

I don't recall seeing anything anywhere.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by vbh812
I believe the 2X Qmiles is by invitation only. If she isn't a PC member and hasn't been invited to subscribe for the promotion, she is unlikely to receive 2X miles.
Its a part of the boutique sale.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:03 pm
RY7

Any US cities to JNB or WDH in Y and back to EU cities in C for around 1200€ or back to any Asian cities or Australian Cities also in C for 1600€
Example:
JFK to WDH in Y and back to CDG or LHR in C with Qsuite, around 1200€

Also WDH to EU cities and back in C for 1000€

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.