Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's started in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: United
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. "
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Combat Medic
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, ...

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by RadioGirl

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
Make sure you're wearing the shirt from ThinkGeek:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/9f70/

Which would be another fun way to Sierra Charlie Romeo Echo Whiskey with the screener/ID checker, come to think of it. Cheesy pseudo-Spanish accent optional.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by tanja
Also cant TSO read ? Since he is holding the ID . That is kind of scary.
Don't they have to be able to read to respond to the Pizza box ads? Maybe that's only the two and three stripers.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by erictank

Which would be another fun way to Sierra Charlie Romeo Echo Whiskey with the screener/ID checker, come to think of it. Cheesy pseudo-Spanish accent optional.
I wish I was kidding with this story, but my buddy is a pilot for ASA and he had a guy wear that shirt or one like it on one of his flights. Apparently he was sitting next to some Muslims who notified the flight attendant that she was uncomfortable because I guess she figured he was the relative of some 9/11 victim looking for vengeance or something.

She came to my friend the pilot with the info (neither of them knew the reference ) and they ended up moving the guy to another seat. It wasn't until the FA googled it on her phone after the flight that they realized it was from The Princess Bride
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA G, Marriott PlatPrem
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Jedi hand wave: "these are not the names you're looking for"
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by erictank

That would be hilarious. I am as opposite in appearance to Mandy Patinkin in that role as is possible within the same species. And my pseudo-Spanish accent is cheesier than his.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
So is it still just SFO and IAH ?

Could it be possible some TSA worker at IAH saw it posted here and thought[sic] in a monkey see, monkey do kind of way that it was a soooper idea ? If it's an experiment initiated by HQ, I hope they are getting the feedback from the workers it deserves.
No, DAL on Saturday. Little ol' Love Field and 90% WN, they were asking for 1st and last. They missed me only because I had to escalate my Nexus to the FSM and they forgot.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by windwalker
Group response-

I am Spartacus
No I am Spartacus
I am Spartacus

or if prefer Σπάρτακος
The original flash mob? I want to be in on that one if anyone decides to do it. ^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q&t=0m28s
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:56 am

Caused a bit of a disruption this morning in IAH terminal E. ID checker looked at my boarding pass and ID and asked me to say my name. I replied, "It's very clear, right there on my passport!" "No," she said, "I need you to say it out loud. " No" I replied, "I will not speak my name, I have a right to remain silent."

She calls a 2 stripper and then some 3 strippers come over and discuss the situation. Sorry for the sheep behind me and my wife who are now waiting but so be it. So they ask my wife her name and she says the same thing.

Someone goes and gets a 3 stripper who was back on the perch behind the screening area, and they also take our IDs and BPs. She comes over and says, "So what's up folks? They tell me you won't speak your name." I proceed to tell her that I have spoken with the TSA CS support and was told there is no official policy on a TSO asking my name and until I see the policy in writing I will not speak my name.

She looks real puzzled and walks away with our IDs and BPs again. We are asked to step to the side so other sheep can pass. We got snide looks from several as they proudly spoke their names. She comes back and lectures us on how this is for OUR security and how the TSA does not have to post any rules or official policies and how things change every day in an effort to protect our travel and keep us safe. My wife argues more details with her and even says it is a security risk for her to say her name in public which the 3 stripper just sarcastically rolls her eyes over.

She finally relents and tells us that she is letting us pass THIS TIME but that the official unwritten new policy is for all passengers to speak their names so we better get used to it.

We head to the converyor belt where we opt out and had to wait just inside the secured area. I got a nice 2 stripper to do my grope and my wife gets the 3 stripper who we just dealt with. I can only imagine what she was thinking as she realized we were now opting out! Real troublemakers, I guess!

In a few minutes we were on our way with the satisfication that we had challenged their authority and won in this skirmish!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
Caused a bit of a disruption this morning in IAH terminal E. ID checker looked at my boarding pass and ID and asked me to say my name. I replied, "It's very clear, right there on my passport!" "No," she said, "I need you to say it out loud. " No" I replied, "I will not speak my name, I have a right to remain silent."

She calls a 2 stripper and then some 3 strippers come over and discuss the situation. Sorry for the sheep behind me and my wife who are now waiting but so be it. So they ask my wife her name and she says the same thing.

Someone goes and gets a 3 stripper who was back on the perch behind the screening area, and they also take our IDs and BPs. She comes over and says, "So what's up folks? They tell me you won't speak your name." I proceed to tell her that I have spoken with the TSA CS support and was told there is no official policy on a TSO asking my name and until I see the policy in writing I will not speak my name.

She looks real puzzled and walks away with our IDs and BPs again. We are asked to step to the side so other sheep can pass. We got snide looks from several as they proudly spoke their names. She comes back and lectures us on how this is for OUR security and how the TSA does not have to post any rules or official policies and how things change every day in an effort to protect our travel and keep us safe. My wife argues more details with her and even says it is a security risk for her to say her name in public which the 3 stripper just sarcastically rolls her eyes over.

She finally relents and tells us that she is letting us pass THIS TIME but that the official unwritten new policy is for all passengers to speak their names so we better get used to it.

We head to the converyor belt where we opt out and had to wait just inside the secured area. I got a nice 2 stripper to do my grope and my wife gets the 3 stripper who we just dealt with. I can only imagine what she was thinking as she realized we were now opting out! Real troublemakers, I guess!

In a few minutes we were on our way with the satisfication that we had challenged their authority and won in this skirmish!
Awesome post! Not that it'll help, but the more of us who challenge this inane stupidity the better.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:14 am

Deleted!

Dan
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just another example of how easy TSA personnel are distracted by non-threats.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:26 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
"I am He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:47 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
How do you say your name if you are the artist formerly known as Prince?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.