Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's started in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by erictank
You need to have someone right behind you working with you for this to work at its best. And you probably need some extra time for the retaliatory screenings you'll both get.

"My name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt."

To which the person behind must obviously state: "Hey, his name is my name too!"

Hilarity, or at least screener confusion, ensues.
...add a flash mob breaking out in song and singing the whole song!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:43 am

On my last trip through LHR (bound for IAH, coincidentally), the check-in guy asked where I was flying to.

Being about 6 in the morning, and not quite expecting the question, I stared blankly for a few seconds. Then closed my eyes for about five more, opened them and three seconds later I'd remembered where I was going to.

He thought it was hilarious. I suspect the TSA would not.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
You need to have someone right behind you working with you for this to work at its best. And you probably need some extra time for the retaliatory screenings you'll both get.

To which the person behind must obviously state: "Hey, his name is my name too!"

LMAO...that's rich.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I really, really want to get this. I am taking ASL and I have learned to "sign" my name.

Here is what I think is funny. If the TDC asks me to say my name and I "sign" it, will they realize that I could only have known what the question was if I could hear, but by signing it would indicate that I was possibly deaf?

Do they have ASL interpreters at the check point? I am not very good yet and would be at a disadvantage with someone that knows ASL proficiently.

I have been practicing "I opt out," and my next projects will be "I need to see my belongings," and "Get a supervisor (or LEO), now."
Are there "expletives deleted" in ASL?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doober
Are there "expletives deleted" in ASL?
Quite a few of the signs could be misconstrued as expletives inserted. My tutor has not gotten to this subject yet, and may not. I could always finger spell them, but then any ASL reader could "hear" me using them even across the terminal.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist

And both break out into the chorus of "Lalalalalallalala! " ^
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Houston.Business
Handed my ID to the guy at IAH and the question was "What's your name"
I started laughing, and said "Are we starting this crap here now?" He gave me a long winded explanation of how a fake would hesitate when asked that question.
When this crap migrates to IAD, my response will be "right there on the boarding pass."
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by halls120
When this crap migrates to IAD, my response will be "right there on the boarding pass."
That will be my answer again too. And if the TSA clerk continues to pester for the name to be stated by me, my response will be that I am not in the business of providing remedial reading lessons but for $1000 in US currency I'll consider spelling out the name on the boarding pass.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by halls120
I was informed in SFO that this was not sufficient and would constitute "failure to complete the screening process" and result in my being denied entry to the secure area. My next pass through I was not prompted so I did not have a chance to test said theory.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That will be my answer again too. And if the TSA clerk continues to pester for the name to be stated by me, my response will be that I am not in the business of providing remedial reading lessons but for $1000 in US currency I'll consider spelling out the name on the boarding pass.
I still think that the best response would be a totally shocked expression followed with, "Oh my GOD! I heard rumors that the TSA hires illiterate people to fill these security positions, but I had no IDEA that they were TRUE!?!" "
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:44 am

Throatwarbler Mangrove.

I don't care HOW it's spelled, that's how it's pronounced.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
TSO: "Last name?"

Passenger: "Smith."

TSO: It says here "Kocziusko."

Passenger: "That's how it's spelled."
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: OnePass
"Osama bin Laden"
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
I was informed in SFO that this was not sufficient and would constitute "failure to complete the screening process" and result in my being denied entry to the secure area. My next pass through I was not prompted so I did not have a chance to test said theory.
My response to that challenge would be to ask for a supervisor, where we would have a friendly chat about non-existent TSA authorities.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:00 am

Mine is "for security reasons and out of an abudance of caution, I do not state my name in a public area while traveling. Thank you for participating in security"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.