Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's started in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

...add a flash mob breaking out in song and singing the whole song!
I'd schedule out of IAH instead of HOU to get in on that!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
:::busts out best Pony move::::

Screener, screener bo Beener Bonana fanna fo Feener Fee fy mo Meaner....Screener!
HA HA AHA HA AH HA!! Thanks ... but... ouch, now I have belly-laugh cramps!! HA HA OH HAH HA HO HO HA!!!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:43 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I wonder what would happen if I stated my full Hebrew name (or the Sephardic pronunciation with the full middle eastern accent and inflection)?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TheGolfWidow
:::busts out best Pony move::::

Screener, screener bo Beener Bonana fanna fo Feener Fee fy mo Meaner....Screener!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
How about rattling it off in military alpha code:

"What's your name?"

"Charlie, Hotel, Romeo, India, Sierra, Sierra, Uniform, Mike, Mike, Echo, Romeo, Sierra!"
I would try "Golf, Oscar, Sierra, Charlie, Romeo, Echo, Whiskey, Yankee, Oscar, Uniform, Romeo, Sierra, Echo, Lima, Foxtrot" and see if they catch on.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
I suppose it's futile to ask for some empirical evidence of this 'fact' ? Yes, of course it is.

Words never heard at TSA HQ:
"Hold on, that's a really stupid idea."

Nice reference, Mrs. Luxury-Yacht.
Does bring up the point about some of those British oddly-pronounced surnames though. If Mr. Auchinlech were to reply "Afflek" or Mrs. Beauchemin "Beecham" then I bet the poor old TDC would "hesitate" too. You would probably see the TILT sign in his eyes.
Oooh - there's another flashmob idea - have everyone work their way through the names of the "Silly Party" candidates from the Python's famous "Election Night Special" sketch.

TSO: What's your name, sir?
Pax: Tarquim FimtimlimbimwimbimOLE!biscuitbarrel.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Screener: What's your name?

PAX: Who

Screener: Your name?

PAX: Who

Screener: Sir, I need to know your name.

PAX: I just told you

Screener: You said who

PAX: That's it.

Screener: That's who?

PAX: Yes

Apologizes to Bud and Lou.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Houston.Business
I'm planning to ask for a Supervisor, and explain that this person is showing that he can't distinguish th e difference between a real ID and a fake ID.

He's supposed to keep me safe, and he's showiing that he's incompident.

We can't have incompidence in our Security System.
Don't you mean uncompidant?

We can't have uncompidance in are security sistem can we?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Wonder how long it will be until someone spells their name "B R O W N S H I R T" or "G E S T A P O"?

This is ridiculous.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:36 pm

I've been waiting for this to happen to me so that I can give my heartfelt condolences to the TSO about how tough it must be to have his/her job when they are literacy-challenged (along the lines of an earlier post), but as I read these responses, I keep thinking "Great response; I'll try that one!" I am so torn. Would love to participate in a group response; can just picture a line going through using a mix of the earlier suggestions. As for me, today marks 10 for 10 of the groper going to get a supervisor because I make her uncomfortable when she explains what indignities she is going to perform on my body. It really doesn't take much...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
Another potentially useful name "Heywood Jablome"

Of course I plan on using "bph-chk-chk-chk-bph-chk-chk-chk-bph-chk-chk-chk-bph-pbh-PING!"
Old Jul 12, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
"When I was a little boy my mommy told me I should never give my name to a stranger unless it was a policeman. And my mommy also told me you guys are not really a policeman."
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:04 pm

Reminds me of last time I flew (which has been almost a year now) they were asking people to spell their names so I took a few minutes and practiced so I could rattle mine off backwards just as fast as I could normally. Sadly I didn't get to use my new found skill.

Originally Posted by goalie
I wonder what would happen if I stated my full Hebrew name (or the Sephardic pronunciation with the full middle eastern accent and inflection)?
My guess would be a thorough secondary.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:07 pm

I love the Silly Party idea. Especially if you have a costume like Michael Palin wore for the sketch. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll59hk0Tzv1qboibj.jpg
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Good: "You don't need my name; you can just call me 'ma'am'. "
Better: "You don't need my name; you can just call me 'Senator'."
Best: "You don't need my name; you can just call me 'Your Majesty'."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.