Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's started in Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:03 am

This makes sense, because obviously terrorists, who spend years planning and rehearing a terrorist attack, are not going to bother memorizing the name they put on their forged ID.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Houston.Business
He gave me a long winded explanation of how a fake would hesitate when asked that question.
I suppose it's futile to ask for some empirical evidence of this 'fact' ? Yes, of course it is.

Words never heard at TSA HQ:
"Hold on, that's a really stupid idea."

Originally Posted by JObeth66
Throatwarbler Mangrove.

I don't care HOW it's spelled, that's how it's pronounced.
Nice reference, Mrs. Luxury-Yacht.
Does bring up the point about some of those British oddly-pronounced surnames though. If Mr. Auchinlech were to reply "Afflek" or Mrs. Beauchemin "Beecham" then I bet the poor old TDC would "hesitate" too. You would probably see the TILT sign in his eyes.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by halls120
My response to that challenge would be to ask for a supervisor, where we would have a friendly chat about non-existent TSA authorities.
This was the supervisor.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
I suppose it's futile to ask for some empirical evidence of this 'fact' ? Yes, of course it is.

Words never heard at TSA HQ:
"Hold on, that's a really stupid idea."

Nice reference, Mrs. Luxury-Yacht.
Does bring up the point about some of those British oddly-pronounced surnames though. If Mr. Auchinlech were to reply "Afflek" or Mrs. Beauchemin "Beecham" then I bet the poor old TDC would "hesitate" too. You would probably see the TILT sign in his eyes.
My favourite is still Cholmondely-Featherstonehaugh-Farquar*, with a slight pause between the Featherstonehaugh and Farquar.

*Pronounced Chumley-Fanshaw-Facker
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:18 am

I went through IAH Terminal C on July 3rd and it wasn't happening yet. I guess the story will be different when I head back through at the end of next week.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: Aero-something
Originally Posted by erictank
You need to have someone right behind you working with you for this to work at its best. And you probably need some extra time for the retaliatory screenings you'll both get.

"My name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt."

To which the person behind must obviously state: "Hey, his name is my name too!"

Hilarity, or at least screener confusion, ensues.
Great idea for a flash mob

Along with those two, you can have another group of people who burst out with "whenever we go out…

Edit: I see a few people have already beaten me to it. Guess I'm not as witty as I once thought

Last edited by Spex; Jul 12, 2011 at 8:43 am
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:45 am

How about rattling it off in military alpha code:

"What's your name?"

"Charlie, Hotel, Romeo, India, Sierra, Sierra, Uniform, Mike, Mike, Echo, Romeo, Sierra!"
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
There are so many TSOs doing ID checks at IAH (before 6am no less) that there is nobody left to do Gate Checks.

One must federalize to amateurize.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by t325
This makes sense, because obviously terrorists, who spend years planning and rehearing a terrorist attack, are not going to bother memorizing the name they put on their forged ID.
You mean they wouldn't say "Bin Laden, oh wait! wait! I mean Smith."
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:21 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Now here's a response!

My name is Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. but you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Now here's a response!

My name is Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. but you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!
Well since we're hauling out all the old favorites (Trading Silly Answers ?):

Major Major Major Major.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Now here's a response!

Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Houston.Business
I'm planning to ask for a Supervisor, and explain that this person is showing that he can't distinguish th e difference between a real ID and a fake ID.

He's supposed to keep me safe, and he's showiing that he's incompident.

We can't have incompidence in our Security System.
Also cant TSO read ? Since he is holding the ID . That is kind of scary.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
On Sat. 7/9. they didn't like my name so they asked for my middle name.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:08 am

:::busts out best Pony move::::

Screener, screener bo Beener Bonana fanna fo Feener Fee fy mo Meaner....Screener!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.