Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Was access based on class of travel or with Priority Pass or similar? ...
RJ Gold
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerby
Had a 7 hour layover in AMM. At RJ lounge they told me that lounge access is limited to 3 hours only. I was so speechless that they then said that this one time I can get in for more hours.
I was transiting on 2 separate tickets so they may though that I started my journey at AMM and come especially early.
Anyone had a similar experience?
I would go out of my mind having to stay in the RJ lounge for more than two hours. I think it is such a shame as the previous lounge before the new terminal was actually nicer IMHO. What a poor offering and design I feel like the whole terminal looks like something like the Star Wars Death Star - so bleak. What is sad to me is that I love Jordan and its such a beautiful country and the airport terminal feels so bleak and sterile.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Hello,

does anyone know if RJ offers exit rows seats with additional legroom for a special fee?

Thank you
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by kevinhd
does anyone know if RJ offers exit rows seats with additional legroom for a special fee?
Yes they do. Do a dummy booking on their website and see the price or after ticketing get an option from optiontown.
kevinhd likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:50 pm

Hi guys, will be flying LHR-AMM-LHR in Y "Super Saver" (Economy Restricted) - this fare doesn't have any checked baggage allowance nor free seat selection. Will I be able to use OW Sapphire (BAEC Silver) benefits - ie free baggage and seat selection?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by oruvin
Hi guys, will be flying LHR-AMM-LHR in Y "Super Saver" (Economy Restricted) - this fare doesn't have any checked baggage allowance nor free seat selection. Will I be able to use OW Sapphire (BAEC Silver) benefits - ie free baggage and seat selection?
Unlike benefits such as lounge access, priority lane and dedicated check-in areas, benefits regarding seats and luggage are normally only applicable for the airline where you have frequent flyer status (in this case BA) so I think it’s very unlikely.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Baggage entitlements on OneWorld are not limited to the home FFP. However the wording of the additional baggage allowance for OW FFP is an extra bag or weight in addition to to your standard ticketed allowance. It is therefore implied that if there is no ticketed baggage allowance the allowance cannot be increased either in weight or number of pieces by your OW status. The rules give the example of BA hand baggage only fares do not get an additional baggage due to status.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:07 pm

Flying RJ from the US to AMM and then to TLV. We have an absurd 7.5 hour layover. It's a Saturday afternoon, so going overland is not an option. We will be returning overland and traveling in Jordan later in the trip, but that's not relevant here.

I am wondering if going out of the airport to see Amman is a practical option as related to airport/RJ security. Is it a red flag for TLV flights if we step out of the airport? Do we need to be back for the TLV flight 3 or 4 hours early? Any reason we should not do this?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:18 am

Any RJ Royal club members around? Can anyone check the taxes on AMM-DOH, one way economy on RJ or QR please? I see their calc shows 8850 miles, but can't see the taxes.

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by mlqsko
any rj royal club members around? Can anyone check the taxes on amm-doh, one way economy on rj or qr please? I see their calc shows 8850 miles, but can't see the taxes.

Thanks
RJ: 90.13jod
QR:74.10jod

Do note that you can't get a oneway award ticket on QR. The return will cost you 21428 miles.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
RJ: 90.13jod
QR:74.10jod

Do note that you can't get a oneway award ticket on QR. The return will cost you 21428 miles.
Thank you. Damn it, the taxes at AMM are killing me
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Any experiences with special meals? We ordered vegetarian (which should be vegan on RJ as they have a separate lacto-ovo vegatrian) meal. Flying LHR-AMM and AMM-LHR in Business Class.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Flying RJ from the US to AMM and then to TLV. We have an absurd 7.5 hour layover. It's a Saturday afternoon, so going overland is not an option. We will be returning overland and traveling in Jordan later in the trip, but that's not relevant here.

I am wondering if going out of the airport to see Amman is a practical option as related to airport/RJ security. Is it a red flag for TLV flights if we step out of the airport? Do we need to be back for the TLV flight 3 or 4 hours early? Any reason we should not do this?
Even if it wasnt Saturday and the land border was operating it can take many hours to cross into Israel that way, it just depends on a lot of factors so go and enjoy Amman for a hours for a meal or short walk around a site that interests you. Not sure what you even mean in terms of "red flag" for TLV flights? Security at AMM is similar to security of most of the airports in the ME (and USA for that matter) cursory and for show. There is no special security procedure at AMM other than an armed security person who arrives at the boarding gate shortly before departure ostensibly to provide extra protection for the RJ flights to TLV and there is no different procedure in TLV for the RJ flights departing for AMM vs any of the other non El AL flights leaving that airport.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Hi all: I have ORD-AMM-DXB coming up on RJ this week, purchased J both sectors. My AMM layover is a short 60 minutes, and I understand I have to reclear security. Any special advice? (I am in 1H in order to be first off the plane and maximize my transfer time.) Should I not check my bag given the speed needed to transfer it? If I miss the connection will RJ resist rebooking me on the next available service? EK and FlyDubai have flights to DXB a couple hours later, but the next RJ service is not for another 7 hours.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Originally Posted by BearX220
Hi all: I have ORD-AMM-DXB coming up on RJ this week, purchased J both sectors. My AMM layover is a short 60 minutes, and I understand I have to reclear security. Any special advice? (I am in 1H in order to be first off the plane and maximize my transfer time.) Should I not check my bag given the speed needed to transfer it? If I miss the connection will RJ resist rebooking me on the next available service? EK and FlyDubai have flights to DXB a couple hours later, but the next RJ service is not for another 7 hours.
Be aware the "longest" problem could be the crazy immigration procedure before security re-check at AMM. It is for sure no immigration thing, but sometimes... you know...
So ask one of the agents at security (!) whether you need to wait in the right-handed line for whatever this immigration thing would do. This could take some time.
As you are travelling in business, I do not know whether you want to check out the lounge - it could waste your time.

Caro
BearX220 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.