Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:43 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by laudy26
Thanks for confGHA_Insider . That seems very interesting indeed, and something I hope other brands would adapt. Highly unlikely, but definitely a unique top-tier benefit. Another brand I want to highlight that offers incredible benefit as a Titanium is the Marco Polo Hotels. I came across their site as I am planning on staying there in Hong Kong. They offer free buffet breakfast - hope this is more common across other GHA brands!
Hi @laudy26,
We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our member benefits, and we are committed to continually improving your stay experience in the future as well. Please note that the benefits provided to Titanium members are exclusive to each brand and are not consistent across all our brands. To help you discover these unique benefits, our team has compiled a list that can be accessed through the provided link. Hope this will help you make your upcoming stays more comfortable and rewarding.
https://visit.ghadiscovery.com/addit...fits-titanium/
laudy26 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:23 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I've been Black/Diamond for a few years now and have encountered nothing but impeccable service from GHA. However there's something not right going on from one of my recent stays at the kempinski Bali. I did not get any discovery$ credits and emailed the hotel.

-2 emails were sent, weeks apart, both had a reply that they are looking into it but no other update. My third attempt at emailing bounced as if i'd been blocked.
-Last week opened a ticket at GHA website and was told they would check with the hotel. no update. Checked a few days later and ticket deleted.
-Opened a new ticket, and somehow was replied from the original deleted ticket that :
"We would like to inform you that we have contacted the hotel regarding your request. According to their response, both stays have already been credited to two separate membership accounts. Unfortunately, we are unable to credit the same stay to your account due to this reason."
Now I'm not sure why they said this because a quick check on both accounts would show no D$ activity from this hotel for the past 12mths.

I'm hoping that GHA_Insider could provide some assistance on this matter because the hotel and ticket system is proving to be unhelpful in solving my issue.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:21 am

Ive been a Long time lurker at this forum, but wanted to share an experience. I have GHA platinum, mostly due to when thon in Norway was part of The program, but have high tier at other chains as well. Just checked in to Outrigger on Koh Samui, knowing that they arent fully integrated yet. However I had made sure to register my GHA account in advance when booking transfer to the hotel. Upon checking in there was no recognition of status when , I enquired about upgrade, referring to my status, but the girl at the front desk didn’t even seem to recognise the GHA loyalty card when presented, she continues telling that there is availability and could check the price. Probably one of my weirdest experiences checking in with status.
ristasm likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GHA_Insider
I've looked into this. Outrigger is of course a member brand of GHA DISCOVERY and operates the Outrigger DISCOVERY loyalty programme at its hotels. However the recently-renovated and rebranded hotel that Outrigger is operating in Koh Samui is using a different Property Management System from the other Outrigger properties, which has delayed its connection to GHA's systems. An interface with these systems is required to send member transactions and member profiles between GHA and the hotel, which is fundamental to ensuring proper member recognition and rewards. Therefore at present the hotel is not able to offer the GHA DISCOVERY benefits and this is also the reason it is not bookable on www.ghadiscovery.com

We are working with Outrigger on getting the hotel fully interfaced (and the staff trained) but this won't happen before your stay in June. I'm sorry for the disappointment. However, if once you have stayed you send your invoice to DISCOVERY Customer Care with a note mentioning my approval, then we will manually credit you with D$ on the basis of the spending on your stay.
Dear GHA_Insider,

I sent the invoice after my stay in the outrigger Koh Samui with the explanation and link to this page to the GHA customer care.
The operator pretended that the hotel just leaved the GHA discovery program and that my rate is not "Discovery member" even if this is showing in my booking
I pointed that you agreed about retro-claiming and she continue to say the same and she doesn't even answer me anymore.

To say the least i'm not impressed with the customer care..

Originally Posted by BusinessCasualNo
Ive been a Long time lurker at this forum, but wanted to share an experience. I have GHA platinum, mostly due to when thon in Norway was part of The program, but have high tier at other chains as well. Just checked in to Outrigger on Koh Samui, knowing that they arent fully integrated yet. However I had made sure to register my GHA account in advance when booking transfer to the hotel. Upon checking in there was no recognition of status when , I enquired about upgrade, referring to my status, but the girl at the front desk didn’t even seem to recognise the GHA loyalty card when presented, she continues telling that there is availability and could check the price. Probably one of my weirdest experiences checking in with status.

I don't recommand this hotel also, I got a late check out who get cancelled later (35min before regular check out time) by the manager !
The check-in staff said that I need to write directly to him via the application outrigger.

It was looking more like kind of dictator than a resort manager.
ristasm likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2023 at 5:45 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 3, 2023, 4:57 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
There are some post in this forum that you still get GHA benefits even if you book through 3rd party? (e.g. Expedia)

Was that ever true or did they just got lucky?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by laudy26
Thanks for confGHA_Insider . That seems very interesting indeed, and something I hope other brands would adapt. Highly unlikely, but definitely a unique top-tier benefit. Another brand I want to highlight that offers incredible benefit as a Titanium is the Marco Polo Hotels. I came across their site as I am planning on staying there in Hong Kong. They offer free buffet breakfast - hope this is more common across other GHA brands!
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I've been Black/Diamond for a few years now and have encountered nothing but impeccable service from GHA. However there's something not right going on from one of my recent stays at the kempinski Bali. I did not get any discovery$ credits and emailed the hotel.

-2 emails were sent, weeks apart, both had a reply that they are looking into it but no other update. My third attempt at emailing bounced as if i'd been blocked.
-Last week opened a ticket at GHA website and was told they would check with the hotel. no update. Checked a few days later and ticket deleted.
-Opened a new ticket, and somehow was replied from the original deleted ticket that :

Now I'm not sure why they said this because a quick check on both accounts would show no D$ activity from this hotel for the past 12mths.

I'm hoping that GHA_Insider could provide some assistance on this matter because the hotel and ticket system is proving to be unhelpful in solving my issue.
Hi jedicat666,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. To assist you further, could you please provide us with the Ticket Number or Incident Reference Number you received from our customer service team? This will enable us to track your request and address it promptly.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to resolving this matter for you.

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Dear GHA_Insider,

I sent the invoice after my stay in the outrigger Koh Samui with the explanation and link to this page to the GHA customer care.
The operator pretended that the hotel just leaved the GHA discovery program and that my rate is not "Discovery member" even if this is showing in my booking
I pointed that you agreed about retro-claiming and she continue to say the same and she doesn't even answer me anymore.

To say the least i'm not impressed with the customer care..
Hi @GalaxyChris,

We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Would you please be so kind as to email the invoice details to our GHA Customer Care Team at [email protected] - this will enable our team to assist you in resolving your inquiry at the soonest.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2023 at 5:45 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 18, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA
Hello, I’m new to the program so please forgive the newbie question.

When redeeming $ on a hotel stay does the booking need to be via the GHA website or can they be redeemed on a booking via the hotels website. I’m looking to stay at Capella Sydney which is not available on the site.

Thankyou
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GHA_Insider
Hi @GalaxyChris,

We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Would you please be so kind as to email the invoice details to our GHA Customer Care Team at [email protected] - this will enable our team to assist you in resolving your inquiry at the soonest.
Hopefully I got contacted by Mr. Peter Gorla (Corporate Director Loyalty) and he solved the problem.
GHA_Insider likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by BusinessCasualNo
Hi BusinessCasualNo Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at OUTRIGGER Koh Samui Resort. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit. Please note that, at the moment, OUTRIGGER Koh Samui Resort is not part of the GHA DISCOVERY program, which means the hotel cannot provide GHA DISCOVERY benefits or be booked through www.ghadiscovery.com.
We understand if this has caused disappointment. However, as a special consideration, we are willing to offer you D$ for your eligible stay. Simply send your invoice to DISCOVERY Customer Care and we will manually credit you with D$ based on your spending during your stay.

Originally Posted by heronb
Hello, I’m new to the program so please forgive the newbie question.

When redeeming $ on a hotel stay does the booking need to be via the GHA website or can they be redeemed on a booking via the hotels website. I’m looking to stay at Capella Sydney which is not available on the site.

Thankyou
Welcome to our programme! We're thrilled to have you as a member. To address your inquiry, as rightly mentioned, you can earn and redeem D$ when booking through ghadiscovery.com or the official website of any of our brands within the alliance. Any bookings made through third-party websites or OTA platforms would be considered ineligible for earning or redeeming D$.
Additionally, please feel free to write to our customer service team at [email protected] should you need any assistance with booking your stay with Capella Sydney.
Once again, welcome to our programme, and we are looking forward to being a part of your memorable stay at Capella Sydney!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2023 at 5:44 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:39 pm

OTA booking status benefits

I can't find in the terms and conidiations where it mentions OTA booking is eligible for status benefits. Can someone let me know where it is located?
Also, do I email the hotel to add my membership # prior to check-in?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:20 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Quick question:

I got gifted the titanium status earlier this year.
Since then, I stayed at 3 brands and I got 1 more brand and two more stays booked this year.

My status didn't extend when I reached the 3 brands and neither can I share my status. I wonder why? Is it because my status was gifted in the first place and therefore I'm not allowed?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Compliment
There are some post in this forum that you still get GHA benefits even if you book through 3rd party? (e.g. Expedia)

Was that ever true or did they just got lucky?
Hi @Compliment,
Thank you for your query. Please note that bookings made through third-party or OTA channels will not count towards tier progression or qualification. As a result, you won't earn D$ (DISCOVERY Dollars), Tier nights, or eligible brand stay credits for such bookings. However, as a valued GHA DISCOVERY member, you will still enjoy recognition and access to GHA benefits, including early check-in, late check-out, room upgrades, and more; although kindly keep in mind that these benefits are subject to availability and determined by the Partner Hotel. To make the most of your perks, we recommend contacting the hotel before your arrival, allowing them to better assist you with your preferences. Alternatively, bookings made via traditional travel agencies usually remain eligible for earning D$ (DISCOVERY Dollars) and retaining tier status. Nonetheless, we strongly encourage you to prioritize the safest route by booking directly with the hotel brand or through GHA website, to make sure you receive all the benefits and rewards associated with your GHA DISCOVERY membership.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:32 pm
RHA

Hi everyone! New member to FT.

Curious now that the dust has settled a bit where everyone has gotten to with the new GHA Discovery program in 2023.

I got gifted a Platinum status and some D$ earlier this year. I used it on a staycation at one of the Mysk hotels which was absolutely incredible. We booked the highest category room, but they granted me late checkout, a welcome amenity with some sweets and such, and some vouchers for the local activities. I got to use 200 D$ on that trip.

Checked in recently to an NH Collection hotel (my first time) and asked for an upgrade, no such luck as they alleged the hotel was full. Don’t know if I’m being naive but at breakfast it very much was full so I can believe them on some level, maybe I got unlucky and the upgrades went to the titanium members/first come first served basis. They gave lots of sweets, fruits and drinks as the welcome amenity which was really nice, and the hotel itself is fantastic with very modern rooms and delicious breakfast. This is my second stay in a GHA Discovery hotel.

Personally, the way things are going in a peri? Post pandemic world, I think the best strategy is to get to titanium status with the three stays, and then book for the benefits strategically depending on where I’m staying.

I’m also Marriott Titanium and Hilton Diamond, however the city I was staying in seemed to have subpar reviews on the Marriott properties in contrast to the NH collection hotel, which is why I went for it in the first place. At this stage in the points and hotel loyalty game though, not having breakfast or lounge access automatically included can be a bit annoying for me personally, as it is one of the things I look forward to and how I’m used to starting my day.

I will probably get to titanium with a third stay and then use it sporadically for the discovery dollars or if the options appear more superior than other brands at that location (or if there’s an offer/sale for example). However I do agree with the above commenter who mentioned that they offer ultra luxury properties that are more superior than a lot of brands, which if you’re looking for that can be very lucrative loyalty, as many of the brands included in GHA are absolutely incredible.

I saw recently they have added a cruise line to the GHA Discovery line up with an offer to get as much as 7500 D$ in return. I’m very curious about it!
Old Jul 28, 2023, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by newbie0121
I can't find in the terms and conidiations where it mentions OTA booking is eligible for status benefits. Can someone let me know where it is located?
Also, do I email the hotel to add my membership # prior to check-in?

Thanks in advance.

​​​Hi newbie0121 ,
Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any confusion and appreciate your interest in understanding our GHA DISCOVERY benefits. To clarify, bookings made through third-party or OTA channels do not earn stay credit. However, as a valued GHA DISCOVERY member, you can still enjoy a range of benefits, including room upgrades, welcome amenities, early check-in, and late check-out. These benefits are offered based on availability and are at the discretion of our hotels. While our brands and hotels always strive to provide these benefits whenever possible, it's important to note that they cannot be guaranteed in all cases. Your feedback regarding further clarification on GHA Benefits on our website's Terms and Conditions is valuable to us. Rest assured, we have taken note of your input and will carefully review our existing T&Cs to ensure that additional information about GHA Benefits and their availability is included. Should you wish to add your membership number before check-in, please feel free to email our customer service team at [email protected], or you can directly reach out to the hotel's reservation team. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Compliment
Quick question:

I got gifted the titanium status earlier this year.
Since then, I stayed at 3 brands and I got 1 more brand and two more stays booked this year.

My status didn't extend when I reached the 3 brands and neither can I share my status. I wonder why? Is it because my status was gifted in the first place and therefore I'm not allowed?

Hi Compliment ,
Thank you for writing to us. You should be granted an extension and avail the status sharing option, provided that your stay bookings meet the eligibility criteria. However, to assist you in checking your stay eligibility, we kindly request that you reach out to our customer service team at [email protected] with your membership number and email address. This will allow us to thoroughly investigate the details of your stay and address your queries.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2023 at 5:44 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jul 28, 2023, 6:20 am

Asmallhotels

Hello. Does anyone know if asmallhotels (only two) is officially a brand member for tier status purposes? The term & conditions don’t list them as a member brand. They are showing in the list of brands on the hotel web site and when they were added to GHA they were referred to as a “soft brand”. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.