Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Agreed. some of GHA member hotels are outstanding hotels like Capella Hotels and somewhat Kempinski Hotels.
(those 2 brands is what make me keeps my Platinum these days )
Anantara is not a bad brand either with some very good hotels, albeit more variable. Agree though, having stayed at Capella Bangkok and Ritz-Carlton Maldives multiple times each, Capella Maldives is probably the single hotel opening in the next few years I am most excited about globally. Sad it is now pushed out to 2025.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Personally I'm waiting for Capella Sydney and hope to return to Capella Bangkok next year.

Tried Capella Bali before and love it. Service was great although don't expect much in terms of upgrade benefit.
Either they run out of villas or run out the category to upgrade
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:52 am

I’ve got upgraded on every GHA stay in the recent years. Especially the Kempinskis were generous (2x upgrade because of Titanium plus 1x upgrade because of FHR gave 4x upgrade or better).

I’ve also had an issue about a missing stay (booked via GHA app) and the GHA processes don’t work at all. They need long time getting nothing done.

So it’s a good program for getting upgrades, but not a reliable one.
AbuCordoba likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:18 pm

Does the guaranteed availability work to override a 2-night minimum?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:52 pm

Does the Titanium double upgrade exclude suites and villas? No good for me if that's the case.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by s879
Does the Titanium double upgrade exclude suites and villas? No good for me if that's the case.
Completely property dependent so you would have to ask each hotel in advance. I have received more negative answers than positives in that regard.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by thbe
I’ve got upgraded on every GHA stay in the recent years. Especially the Kempinskis were generous (2x upgrade because of Titanium plus 1x upgrade because of FHR gave 4x upgrade or better).
That's interesting to hear, thanks for sharing. I will have to put this to the test. My beef with the Kempinski brand is that they often cut the room types into too many categories so +2 can be immaterial. However if I could pay a bit more via FHR than booking direct I would be inclined to pull the trigger if the upgrade becomes +4 rather than +2.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
How stingy is the Siam Kempinski with upgrades to members? Anyone stayed there in the recent past?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Compliment
How stingy is the Siam Kempinski with upgrades to members? Anyone stayed there in the recent past?
Not sure what is your definition of "recent past", but I can confirm they are stingy by local standards where most hotel chains upgrade generously to suites in Bangkok, but Siam Kempinski sticks to the letter of the rules with +2. At some hotels +2 can be a nice upgrade but they have many room categories such that the value of the upgrade is very modest relative to their competitors. That said, they are not stingy in the sense of doing less than required by the rules. When rooms are available, they do upgrade according to their definition of what room types are, even if it might not feel like much of an upgrade to guests.
Compliment likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Went to Siam Kempinski on September 2022 I think.
No upgrade even +1 as Platinum.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:02 pm

Oh wow really? I'm Platinum and would book through FHR and thought that's a way of getting +2
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:45 pm

I am assuming the room type above yours was full? Because they are stingy, but not that stingy.

Edit: never mind, I see in post #207 you mention that many room types were available and they still did not upgrade you
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Still waiting for them to integrate NH Hotels. I cannot log onto NH hotels using my GHA Discovery password... and NH Hotels tech team is incompetent and cannot figure out how to get me in. Anyone else having issues like these?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Still waiting for them to integrate NH Hotels. I cannot log onto NH hotels using my GHA Discovery password... and NH Hotels tech team is incompetent and cannot figure out how to get me in. Anyone else having issues like these?
No, everything worked fine, just needed to make a new password. (Also coming from NH)
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:47 pm

Anyone got the "brand stays" with NH Hotels & NH Collection? Are they counted as one? Cause there are both of them around me and I was wondering...

Edit: they count as one.

Last edited by Compliment; Jan 24, 2023 at 3:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.