Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Another unfortunate experience from my side while staying at the NH collection president in Milan.

After reservation I didn’t get any emails with arrival information, no one reached out me whether I had any requests or preferences.

Upon arrival no one (although a kind of concierge/bellboy stood at the door) helped with unloading my luggage from my car, no one gave me directions on where to park my car although they have a parking garage in the same building they use for guests.

At checkin I was not recognized as a Titanium member (I’ve been Kempinski black for the past 8 years and my accounts were merged).
I didn’t get ANY benefits, no upgrade, no local amenity, absolutely NOTHING.

My suite was so-so, airconditioning was not working all the time, the shower was an in-bath shower (!), no welcome card, absolutely nothing…

6 days later my booking is still not processed by GHA, my Kempinski st. moritz booking 1 day later is already completed .

I also didn’t get any mail asking me for feedback so they could improve their services, communication is absolutely below par.

For me this was the last chance I gave the GHA program but I’ve given up after this dreadful experience…
Its such a shame, there a few amazing brands like Kempinski but to me it’s not worth achieving Titanium anymore.
In particular when you now can reach Titanium tier by staying at 3 brands (which is super easy in Europe).

Last edited by Daandeluxe; Aug 24, 2022 at 2:27 pm Reason: Additions
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Booking through brand website sometimes more complicated than book through GHA apps.
Unfortunately not all rates was displayed on the apps.

Sometimes there are no field to input our membership number.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:01 pm

It's a bit unclear to me whether you have to book through GHA Discovery to get program benefits/credit ... I just joined the program and booked a stay today at Capella Bangkok but the rate on the DHA website was significantly higher than what I was able to book on the Capella site. There wasn't any place on the Capella website to enter a loyalty program number, though. I've emailed Capella Bangkok reservations, and opened a ticket with GHA to try to get a bit of clarity. But it doesn't inspire loads of confidence that to see GHA rates so much better than what can be booked directly.

On the other hand, Capella Hanoi was a better deal on the GHA website than what I could get by booking directly.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
GHA_Insider Are the rules for retaining a level the same as earning a level? Points/nights from my 2nd brand stay posted but the expiration date of my status has not been extended.

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Aug 26, 2022 at 5:58 am
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by jkirk
I just joined the program and booked a stay today at Capella Bangkok but the rate on the DHA website was significantly higher than what I was able to book on the Capella site. There wasn't any place on the Capella website to enter a loyalty program number, though. I've emailed Capella Bangkok reservations,
I have booked directly at Capella Bangkok before and I can confirm they will enter your GHA number - no worries here.

Originally Posted by Daandeluxe
At checkin I was not recognized as a Titanium member (I’ve been Kempinski black for the past 8 years and my accounts were merged).
I didn’t get ANY benefits, no upgrade, no local amenity, absolutely NOTHING.

Its such a shame, there a few amazing brands like Kempinski but to me it’s not worth achieving Titanium anymore.
In particular when you now can reach Titanium tier by staying at 3 brands (which is super easy in Europe).
Well the elite treatment is certainly not stellar at GHA. But "not worth achieving Titanium" when all you need is 3 nights in 3 different brands? I mean the benefits are poor but achieving status is so easy that I find it's in balance, and for me it is worth renewing Titanium. Not all stays have zero benefits. Many have some modest perks.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I did add notes on my reservation at Capella Bangkok last time.

But I forgot to reconfirm it during the stay and it seems the hotel recognise the status but might be forgot to add the membership number. The stay credit is not added but quick filling form at GHA website fixed the issue.

As for 3 different brands, some areas could easily do that but some is a challenge.
People in Singapore, Bali, Bangkok, and Dubai could easily fulfill the 3 brands requirements within their area

Other area will be challenging.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
GHA_Insider Are the rules for retaining a level the same as earning a level? Points/nights from my 2nd brand stay posted but the expiration date of my status has not been extended.
I heard back from the customer service and apparently, in case of requalification the expiry date is only updated end of December.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:27 am

Did someone on FlyerTalk receive an invitation to GHA Red tier?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:35 pm

The $D is a major devaluation of the program as far as I'm concerned. The 7% back for Titanium members is in reality not even close to that . Firstly any fees & taxes are removed before calculation & if you happen to actually redeem any of your $D that also further reduces the figure you get back. It's become ridiculously hard to be able to calculate what you are actually entitled to.

In addition the lack of integration between the program itself & booking on the partner websites eg NH, Avani means you are continually having to raise stay claims yourself.

A good program should be simple to understand, transparent & fully integrated. At the moment GHA seems to be none of those, in airline parlance it has been fully enhanced!
Fims, raji, escape4 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mortsoz
The $D is a major devaluation of the program as far as I'm concerned. The 7% back for Titanium members is in reality not even close to that .
For me the other issue is that the value of D$ earned on various stays throughout the year is a lot less than the approximate cash value of the Black Local Experiences I used to earn in a typical year.
Rambluesky and mortsoz like this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:51 pm

Agreed.

GHA really devalued by introducing those D$.
Even compare to Platinum Local Experience, those D$ is usually lower.
mortsoz likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:17 am

Trying to see how GHA calculates their $D earned, below is the screenshot of my invoice. They tell me after taxes, $D removed, etc the figure is 6782THB (10430THB-3647THB) used to calculate the $D earned. Can anyone see how the got those figures?

Last edited by mortsoz; Oct 13, 2022 at 3:43 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Any special programs for Kempinski? For example, some TAs have access to Hyatt Prive or Marriott Virtuoso. Ways to get high end benefits without being a top tier loyalty member of those chains. Does this exist for Kempinski?

I called GHA for a status match but they said they'd only match once I had a stay with them in the past 24 mos. My first stay is upcoming and is a 5 day stay and I'd like to get benefits on it (if poss)
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:03 am

Already stayed at Capella and Kempinski hotels this year and will have chance to try 3rd brand at Palazzo Versace Dubai next month.

Very interesting way to reach elite tiers.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
In terms of how $D earn is calculated -- it just seems a bit inconsistent. I recently stayed two nights at an Anantara and received a flat $D100, even though our total spend was definitely less than USD $1400.

Apart from Anantara I have bookings at Pan Pacific and Park Royal, which should ensure Titanium status next year as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.