Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Weird, I asked the support to merge my two existing accounts (plat + titanium) into one, but to keep the account number of the plat because I already made bookings with it. Now they told me the merge is complete. I'm still plat though? So they essentially just deleted my titanium account and said the merge is done? What? I don't get it.. in the t&c they state that the highest status will be maintained. (Which makes sense)
Asked them to check my account again... I fear that they will tell me they can't upgrade my account anymore or something
Old Feb 16, 2023, 10:27 am

Emailed discovery about a status match. Im on a new account with no stays, am curious and hopeful they'd match status there but not expecting much from people reporting that they're requiring previous stays.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Sygnal
Emailed discovery about a status match. Im on a new account with no stays, am curious and hopeful they'd match status there but not expecting much from people reporting that they're requiring previous stays.
When I tried this I was told I needed one prior stay in the past 24 mos to get the status match. Good luck.

On another note - I cannot log into NH Hotels using my GHA password. Their IT department has been working on it for >6 weeks. Still haven't fixed it yet.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:18 am

I’ve had several issues with GHA.

They didn’t redeem two stays. It took weeks to sort it out with their Support. I ended sending them everything, from the booking confirmation to the invoice and payment confirmation. My last ticket was escalated, as Tier 1 kept insisting on that I had booked through a third party, which I hadn’t.

I’ve spent the last year re-entering my address on my GHA profile, and it keeps reverting back to an address, I don’t know.

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my account, and they don’t seem to know either.

Now I’m bracing myself for weeks of back and forth with their support to have my address changed.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Capella Sydney opening soon.
Capella hotels usually great.
Good addition for Sydney in terms of luxury hotel options.
mad_atta likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Speaking of Capella -- has anyone had any experience with GHA Titanium upgrades at these properties? Theoretically it should be a double upgrade (based on availability), but any actual data points?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Speaking of Capella -- has anyone had any experience with GHA Titanium upgrades at these properties? Theoretically it should be a double upgrade (based on availability), but any actual data points?
Capella Bangkok: yes +2 if booking entry level room. But if you book anything higher then you won't get any upgrade
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Quite the opposite of my experience for Capella Bangkok as Platinum only.

Booked their River Premier Suite and got the Villa instead.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I had a problem at an NH hotel where it pulled up ancient information of myself from whatever their previous program was (everything outdated - billing address, phone number, etc. etc.). I tried to ask the receptionist to enter my current GHA Discovery number and she said she couldn't. I would have to take it up with GHA support later. Annoying.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Quite the opposite of my experience for Capella Bangkok as Platinum only.

Booked their River Premier Suite and got the Villa instead.
Niiiiice! I hope it's because they have recently decided to loosen up their previously stingy upgrade policy. I shall find out next time I stay there.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Very tempted to book a stay at the Capella as well. Never been a fan of the Singapore property (but likely more a 'Singapore problem' than a Capella problem), but haven't stayed at any of their other hotels. Keen to pull the trigger.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:23 am

I planning to try the Singapore property this year although I would love to return to the Bangkok one.

Hoping to try Sydney when I return there. Not sure when would that be at this time.
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:33 am

Had two amazing stays GHA properties.

Singapore Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay
From Lifestyle Premier Room to Collection Club on the highest floor. Also great welcome amenity with cheesecake and everything. The breakfast at the lounge was great and service was always nice and smiling.

Bangkok Siam Kempinski
From Deluxe Balcony to Cabana Room with direct Pool Access and Executive Lounge Access. Absolutely perfect stay and my new favorite hotel in Bangkok. The service and the food in the lounge were stunning. Will book again
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Compliment
Had two amazing stays GHA properties.

Singapore Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay
From Lifestyle Premier Room to Collection Club on the highest floor. Also great welcome amenity with cheesecake and everything. The breakfast at the lounge was great and service was always nice and smiling.

Bangkok Siam Kempinski
From Deluxe Balcony to Cabana Room with direct Pool Access and Executive Lounge Access. Absolutely perfect stay and my new favorite hotel in Bangkok. The service and the food in the lounge were stunning. Will book again
Singapore Park Royal: you booked a room which did not come with lounge access, and they upgraded you to a club room including club access? If so, that is strong

I am even more surprised about Siam Kempinski. Upgrades were stingy in the past, if they are more liberal and competitive with other similar hotels from bigger chains, I would become a fan as well Are you are regular there, explaining the generous upgrade?

Is your GHA status Titanium?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Singapore Park Royal: you booked a room which did not come with lounge access, and they upgraded you to a club room including club access? If so, that is strong

I am even more surprised about Siam Kempinski. Upgrades were stingy in the past, if they are more liberal and competitive with other similar hotels from bigger chains, I would become a fan as well Are you are regular there, explaining the generous upgrade?

Is your GHA status Titanium?
Yes, it was a standard room to club room. Also lots of benefits like laundry for free (2 pieces each day) and huge welcome amenity. I was really surprised because I got a special price for the room since I used the BRG.

Not a regular at the Siam Kempinski, in fact it was my first time there. I am titanium.
escape4 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.