Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GHA Discovery - New Program 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY
How about NH Hotels vs NH Collection Hotels? Are they also considered different brands?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I realised I have Titanium status here but never stayed at any of them. But I checked and it doesn't give breakfast or lounge access? Sorry I'm used to being top at the other main 3 which all provide that. So the only real thing is the 2x upgrade?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, GHA Titanium
Enjoy_the_flight
From NH Hotels | GHA DISCOVERY Loyalty - GHA Loyalty Program:

NH DISCOVERY programme is available in more than 350 hotels of these three brands worldwide – NH Collection, NH Hotels and nhow.

Mind that for tier progression NH brands are considered as one brand.
Enjoy_the_flight likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I realised I have Titanium status here but never stayed at any of them. But I checked and it doesn't give breakfast or lounge access? Sorry I'm used to being top at the other main 3 which all provide that. So the only real thing is the 2x upgrade?
Early check-in and late check-out comes in handy too. I never had any problems asking for a 4pm late check-out, most of the time they proactively ask me if I needed late check-out during check-in.

Some brands, like the Marco Polo, Niccolo Hotels and Pan Pacific, offer free breakfast as additional brand benefit for Titanium members.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Does Avani offer any special brand benefit?
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:43 am

I accumulated a bunch of Discovery $$ over the summer and the website is a little vague as to how to redeem. Is it as simple as applying to the room charges on checkout? Are there limitations on what it can be used for? I would not expect to have much additional beyond the cost of the room for the hotel I'm considering - NH Collection Manhattan.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by laudy26
Early check-in and late check-out comes in handy too. I never had any problems asking for a 4pm late check-out, most of the time they proactively ask me if I needed late check-out during check-in.

Some brands, like the Marco Polo, Niccolo Hotels and Pan Pacific, offer free breakfast as additional brand benefit for Titanium members.
I also just become Titanium. I have one question. If I book my stay with OTA, any chance of still getting the double upgrade?

Last edited by charliemei; Sep 24, 2023 at 9:04 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
There is promo to stimulate app bookings. However I have noticed the penalty conditions on the GHA app are more strict than on the (NH-) hotel’s own app/website. Is this supposed to be aligned, GHA_Insider ?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
GHA needs to publish which brands is considered as one group brand and which one considered as separate brand.
It's in the Terms and Conditions:

16 “Number of Brands Stayed” is the total number of different GHA Member Brands stayed in by the Member in the specified period. One note for clarification - the following NH Brands are counted as one single GHA Member Brand for tier calculation purposes: NH Hotels, NH Collection, and nhow Hotels.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:45 pm

GHA_Insider Hi! I have an upcoming booking at Pan Pacific Melbourne. I made the booking via Agoda. The hotel informed me that "reservations made through third party websites are not eligible for member benefits." Could you please verify if this is true, please? I had decided on staying in Pan Pacific Melbourne because you had previously confirmed on page 19 of this thread that "Stays on OTA bookings do not usually earn D$ or tier credit but the hotels should still give you your tier-level benefits (subject to availability)." Appreciate your kind confirmation, please. Thank you
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:02 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Originally Posted by ristasm
I've had a pretty bad stay at Kempinski Palace Portoroz as a Titanium member. Not that it is a bad hotel actually it's pretty nice but it felt like a non member stay.
- No room upgrade offered as i was told they have black out dates for like half year including summer season although all room categories were available
- No in room welcome amenity
I mean it is a nice hotel and pretty expensive but what is the point of the Loyalty program if you can't get any benefit in that hotel? I wrote the feedback to the hotel survey and all i got is message from manager "hope we would be able to welcome you again", also got an email with survey from GHA about the benefits i received at the hotel and although i rated it almost all as 0 i never heard from anyone back.

​​​Hi ristasm,
Thank you for reaching out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay at Kempinski Palace Portoroz. The situation you've described is indeed unusual and not aligned with the usual experience we strive to offer our valued guests. We understand your concern and would like to further assist you in resolving this matter. To provide you with the appropriate support, we kindly request you to provide us with your membership number, as this will enable a thorough investigation into your stay details. We're committed to resolving this issue and providing you assistance at the earliest.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:16 am
Company Representative, GHA

Programs: GHA DISCOVERY
Hi ​​​GratefulSmile,
Could you please specify the particular hotel you're referring to? This will help us provide you with more accurate assistance regarding your inquiry.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
So the only real thing is the 2x upgrade?
Yes, but even +2 upgrade is not always a benefit. Some hotels allow +2 from basic room but if you book above a certain room type some hotels decide that upgrades don't apply.
GalaxyChris and kaizen7 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Bossarb
It's in the Terms and Conditions:

16 “Number of Brands Stayed” is the total number of different GHA Member Brands stayed in by the Member in the specified period. One note for clarification - the following NH Brands are counted as one single GHA Member Brand for tier calculation purposes: NH Hotels, NH Collection, and nhow Hotels.
Previously Park Royal and Pan Pacific hotels counted as one and there are no mention about that in the T&C

Good that now they put the detail in the T&C
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
Amex FHR bookings are eligible stays for the gha benefits?

Originally Posted by GHA_Insider
Yes, they are eligible stays under the GHA DISCOVERY programme, therefore you will earn D$ on eligible spend and receive tier credits and status benefits.
Hi GHA_Insider, I recently have booked a stay at Tivoli Avenida Liberdade Lisboa via Amex FHR for a stay in November. I have contacted the hotel to inquire about my benefits and options and received the response that GHA benefits will not apply. Here is the conversation:
  • Hotel: Kindly note that as the reservation is made with the AMEX benefits, the GHA Discovery benefits will not be applied.
  • Me: I am especially worried by your statement that GHA Discovery benefits will not be applied. Does it mean that the stay will not count towards Discovery program?
  • Hotel: We would like to apologize for this inconvenience and kindly inform that unfortunately it is not possible to use the benefits from both programs, since they have different policies.

I wonder if you can comment on this conversation? In particular, I am interested, if staying there will count as my third brand (I have stayed at Kempinski and NH Collections this year) and if I will be able to use my D$ to cover incidental charges, though of course an extra upgrade will be approeciated (I am GHA Titanium).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.